Post-Game Talk: Game 1 Pens vs Rangers: It was ugly

K Fleur

Sacrifice
Mar 28, 2014
I only watched the first period and a little of the 2nd.

Crosby looked alright and the 3rd line had a pulse. Team should be selling by November.

vodeni

Oct 27, 2010
Pittsburgh
Just hear them in their post game interviews, same old brainwashed players that repeat the same words over and over again, this team stink of stale, and it all starts from this coach who’s ego won’t allow them to win more than 35 games this season. Not sure what they practice, but they show the same game over and over again, the worst transition team in NHL, awful defensman somehow convinced that they are good, zero scoring talent, and what’s worst players that they don’t seem to understand what the hustle is, what the urgency is, blow it already

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
Just hear them in their post game interviews, same old brainwashed players that repeat the same words over and over again, this team stink of stale, and it all starts from this coach who’s ego won’t allow them to win more than 35 games this season. Not sure what they practice, but they show the same game over and over again, the worst transition team in NHL, awful defensman somehow convinced that they are good, zero scoring talent, and what’s worst players that they don’t seem to understand what the hustle is, what the urgency is, blow it already
who you gonna believe? your lying eyes or Mike Sullivan?

TheGuiminator

I’ll be damned King, I’ll be damned
Oct 23, 2018
It was a shitshow as expected, but make no mistake about it, they could lose every game 6-0 and it still wouldn’t be enough to fire Sullivan. You better accept that for your own sanity

I only care about Crosby breaking the point-per-game season record, but it's gonna be a really, really hard task considering how much of a train wreck this team is.

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
It was a shitshow as expected, but make no mistake about it, they could lose every game 6-0 and it still wouldn’t be enough to fire Sullivan. You better accept that for your own sanity

I only care about Crosby breaking the point-per-game season record, but it's gonna be a really, really hard task considering how much of a train wreck this team is.
Downright Herculean if Anthony "The Process" Beauvillier's gonna be stapled to his wing, with Rust having already begun his annual 20-25 game sabbatical to the IR.

Sidgeni Malkby

Nov 19, 2008
NJ
Ugh....that was a pretty pathetic showing. I'm not going to do the "fire Sully", throw Jarry to the moon, etc only 1 game into the season.

I just expected for them to be more ready than they were, and for Jarry to make a save when it counted, not after we were down 4-0. Everybody seemed rusty and out of sorts.

I didn't think I was watching an NHL team. Positioning was bad, passes were bad, shots were weak. A few players like Crosby/Eller, were exceptions to that though.

Oh well...onwards to game 2.

We'll know by game 10 where we truly stand.

Icarium

Feb 16, 2010
HFBoards is refusing to let me log in with my usual browser. Maybe I should take the hint and stop watching the Penguins altogether. At least until the geniuses in charge remember the definition of insanity and finally make some radical changes. Better late than never, right?

Attaboy Jarry, already in spring form, this should do wonders for our tanking effort.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
Glass looked alright actually. Probably the better player on that 4th line.

They were using him on that 3-on-4 kill too which was interesting. He doesn't seem to have much history with PKing.

The 4th is way too slow overall though.

Reactions: Dipsy Doodle

spcastlemagic

Jul 3, 2006
The only upside is the Oilers lost 6-0 last night, Colorado lost 8-4 on something like a .600 save percentage. Early season is weird, and ideally they’ll correct into something watchable quickly.

Beyond that - while some of the issues were similar to years past (lack of finish, the opposite of timely goaltending) - I don’t remember us lacking a defensive conscience this much since the early Therrein days. For last night at least they were very much trying to be the worst defensive squad in the league.

Coastal Kev

There will be "I told you so's" Bet on it
Feb 16, 2013
The Low Country, SC
yes

eXile3

Dec 12, 2020
Everyone is calling out the poor defense, which is an absolute issue, but this is getting overlooked.

We traded out a guy who can put up 40. We really don’t have any other goal scorers outside of Sid.

Sully sucks but we also don’t have a ton of talent and it’s becoming obvious.

Reactions: Andy99

MrBrightside

May 5, 2010
Franklin Park, PA
Several things can all be true at the same time:

1. Things happen and even good teams get blown out once in a while.

2. The defense on this team is an abject disaster.

3. The entire operation is stale as hell.

vodeni

Oct 27, 2010
Pittsburgh
Glass looked alright actually. Probably the better player on that 4th line.

They were using him on that 3-on-4 kill too which was interesting. He doesn't seem to have much history with PKing.

The 4th is way too slow overall though.
You mean even with the Warrior on the wing

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad