GDT: Game 1 - Penguins vs Rangers - 7:30 PM - All My Happiness is Gone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Honour Over Glory

Sully-Quinn: Idiots Squared
Jan 30, 2012
This team struggled to score with Jake last year and you lot are bitching about goaltending like this team was up 6-0 and are now losing 7-6 or something, lol. Sack up you wankbuckets.

Rave7215

Mar 12, 2010
Idk if Jarry needs Jesus or what. Maybe send him to that sports therapist MAF went to
Jarry could be better but the defense is leaving him out to dry tonight.
That first goal deflection in front of the net was nasty.
The second goal, Pettersson gets walked and EK loses his man.
The third goal, i don’t know wtf Graves was doing but clipped Jarry while leaving his man alone in front of the net.

Just f***ing yikes play from the D Corps

Luigi Lemieux

Sep 26, 2003
Oh has anyone else said anything or noticed:

Letang has lost 3 steps.

Normally our most in shape guy - he looks like Justin Schultz in 2017 to me tonight....like a poor man's version of himself. It's not his positioning, it's not his decision making (clearly both suck and one led to a goal against) - it's his foot speed and confidence. Little bit scary so far.
I noticed it too. Always a fluid skater he looked stiff. This team is cooked

Reactions: molon labe

Honour Over Glory

Jan 30, 2012
Let’s see how ‘Quinn’s system’ evolves over the next 5-10 games. I have a hard time believing that Graves would be asked by any defensive system to do something differently there.

That shot was also perfectly placed.
I don’t know if you remember Quinn as a coach in NY but he’s not very good and the issues in his coaching style and system are virtually identical to the issues we have had with Sullivan, he doesn’t move the needle in any direction other than getting closer to a lottery pick.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
This team struggled to score with Jake last year and you lot are bitching about goaltending like this team was up 6-0 and are now losing 7-6 or something, lol. Sack up you wankbuckets.

Team went off as soon as Jarry got benched.

Dude is a jackass, and a bad omen in the locker room. He lost us the isles series and continues to f*** us at every turn since.

Tacitus Kilgore

May 26, 2010
Potomac, MD
Jarry could be better but the defense is leaving him out to dry tonight.
That first goal deflection in front of the net was nasty.
The second goal, Pettersson gets walked and EK loses his man.
The third goal, i don’t know wtf Graves was doing but clipped Jarry while leaving his man alone in front of the net.

Just f***ing yikes play from the D Corps

I mean I don't disagree. The defense has been horrendous, but Jarry hasn't even been average

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
Oh has anyone else said anything or noticed:

Letang has lost 3 steps.

Normally our most in shape guy - he looks like Justin Schultz in 2017 to me tonight....like a poor man's version of himself. It's not his positioning, it's not his decision making (clearly both suck and one led to a goal against) - it's his foot speed and confidence. Little bit scary so far.
Yeah for all the worry about Genos skating Letang is imo the one who has most clearly declined out of the three

Reactions: molon labe

Honour Over Glory

Jan 30, 2012
I noticed it too. Always a fluid skater he looked stiff. This team is cooked
Near the end of 2021-22, he looked a step slower with his explosiveness, last season his first steps were not as explosive as before so to get up to speed he takes longer which is why him on the powerplay wasn’t great and his zone entry was severely lacking. Then you pair that with the defensive lapses he has and it’s not going to age well. He will produce, Letang always produces offensively, but his defensive game is going to get worse with a partner like Grz.

Honour Over Glory

Jan 30, 2012
I mean I don't disagree. The defense has been horrendous, but Jarry hasn't even been average
I mean he had a goal that was a deflection that Letang didn’t really do much to help, the second goal was bad defense by Pettersson but Jarry should have had that one, the third goal Jarry made several big saves and then the deflection not a single Penguins player is around to even do anything to stop that goal. So he has been average enough, the Penguins defense has been far below average.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad