GDT: Game 1 - Penguins vs Rangers - 7:30 PM - All My Happiness is Gone

Status
Not open for further replies.

canadianguy77

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 20, 2006
What would it honestly take to get out of Graves contract?
They should try sending him down. Maybe someone is dumb enough to claim him. There’s a guy where it’s a massive case of addition by subtraction. Any time he has touch touch the puck it’s an adventure. Any time the puck comes near him it’s an adventure. It’s no exaggeration that he’s as bad as end stage Scuderi.

Reactions: Andy99

Big Poppa Pump

Holla If Ya Hear Me
Feb 22, 2009
A pube hair from this being 4-0...

First SOG against goes in...

Defense playing mind numbingly bad...

Jarry still sucks...

I really hate L1... Beau can go

We haven't had to witness our putrid PP yet...

40 more minutes...

Hockey4Lyfe

Feb 26, 2018
I wonder how many games in a row it would take for Sullivan to get canned….

I still hold the same judgement as last year, that they simply can’t let Sullivan be the coach through the rebuild. There’s no f***ing way.

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
This might as well be game 83 from last season with how eerily it looks the same lol.

All we need is our PP to give up a SHG in the 2nd to check all the bingo cards from last year. Jeff Carter is the free spot in the middle now since he's no longer on the roster.

Reactions: Malkinstheman

molon labe

Jul 13, 2016
Florida
For all the complaints about the forward group, it's the defense corps that looks kind of shitty to me. Three good guys and then three who are probably 6th/7th types at best. And I'm not sure the good guys are good enough at this point to cover for weaker partners.

Good assessment early. Petts showing his only hand in the first game.

But the forward group also sucks.

This idea of balancing is either going to die or we're just not going to score much. No way Sid should be carrying the line he has right now - as a top line - against other top lines. Any chance they get is pure hockey bounce or misstep. He needs a weapon. ....and naturally plays with Geno for a single half-shift and generates a chance. They have to load up the top line or make a move to bring in more help. I know Rust is out but woof.

Reactions: canadianguy77

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
Wish I was sane and could feel that way.
The disgust at watching the Pens suck never really leaves me either but it's less irritating to deal with now than it was two years ago. When it starts to become the expectation then it's hard to get as mad.

GregR

Mar 4, 2002
I wonder how many games in a row it would take for Sullivan to get canned….

I still hold the same judgement as last year, that they simply can’t let Sullivan be the coach through the rebuild. There’s no f***ing way.
They play 10 games in the first 17 days of the season. It's going to get late early if this is what kind of level they're going to bring.

GilbertSeinfeld

Mar 4, 2024
I would love to know the name and position of every person in the organization that thought Beauvillier should start on line one; Dude shouldn't have even made the roster. Is it ignorance... arrogance??? They deserve everything they get, hope the Rags pour it on.
*insert @Honour Over Glory Sullivan floating head*
I was late to start watching, but it looks like I should have just waited for the highlights.

It's going to be a long year.
The team starting playing late, too.

Reactions: Sideline

canadianguy77

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 20, 2006
The first 10-15 minutes weren’t bad. They just sort of fell apart at the end. I wonder what team we see in the second. Do they have more of that first 15 minutes or is the last 5 minutes who they really are?

Hockey4Lyfe

Feb 26, 2018
They should try sending him down. Maybe someone is dumb enough to claim him. There’s a guy where it’s a massive case of addition by subtraction. Any time he has touch touch the puck it’s an adventure. Any time the puck comes near him it’s an adventure. It’s no exaggeration that he’s as bad as end stage Scuderi.
Wonder if these coaches / FO have any memory of the end of last season that had us finally playing well and directly coincided with Graves being injured.

Reactions: canadianguy77

Rave7215

Mar 12, 2010
Live from section 222 for game 1!

Quick takeaways:
Bottom six has more offensive punch. Line 3 looks great.

Holy shit our defense is awful. Every single one of them is playing like ass.
Wtf was Pettersson doing?
Graves, can you not take out Jarry?
Do any of you know who your man is? Why is every Ranger ALWAYS open?

Guess that’s what you get for hiring your buddy Quinn, Sully you hack.

PenguinSuitedUp

Sponsor
Oct 2, 2019
It seems like the way they are to play D, they don’t really control the gap all that well, so they don’t get to play the stick or body properly to keep the player at bay and take away shooting or passing lanes and leave enough room for the player to push the puck off the board and around them. It’s like rinse and repeat each time.
Let’s see how ‘Quinn’s system’ evolves over the next 5-10 games. I have a hard time believing that Graves would be asked by any defensive system to do something differently there.

That shot was also perfectly placed.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
The disgust at watching the Pens suck never really leaves me either but it's less irritating to deal with now than it was two years ago. When it starts to become the expectation then it's hard to get as mad.

I will never feel good about watching Crosby and Malkin playing well and being tied down to the shit Dubas brought in and his reluctance to fire Sully.

Reactions: EliteGoaltending

Honour Over Glory

Sully-Quinn: Idiots Squared
Jan 30, 2012
Focusing on Jarry giving up 1 bad goal vs the other 2 that would have been preventable if the team played even average defense is comical and typical of the narrative here.

molon labe

Jul 13, 2016
Florida
Oh has anyone else said anything or noticed:

Letang has lost 3 steps.

Normally our most in shape guy - he looks like Justin Schultz in 2017 to me tonight....like a poor man's version of himself. It's not his positioning, it's not his decision making (clearly both suck and one led to a goal against) - it's his foot speed and confidence. Little bit scary so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad