Prospect Info: G Topias Leinonen -- Selected 41st overall in 2022

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Esko6

Sep 14, 2004
Finland
I was present at his Liiga debut. He came in relief when the score was 1-3 after 10 minutes. Game ended 1-10 but advanced stats showed expected goals at 4-3 if I recall right. It was a really bizarre game. Leinonen is a pretty good prospect, he often looks very shaky and uncontrolled in net, but it is to be expected with that size until he gets his technique right.

elchud

Nov 1, 2015
This is UPL's 6th season after being drafted and he is an NHL/AHL tweener. I think he was a low 2nd round pick.

I think we can expect the same from Leinonen, NHL/AHL tweener in 27/28.

Would have liked him in the 3rd and not the 2nd but it is what it is. I hope he is a roster player in 2028.

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
This is UPL's 6th season after being drafted and he is an NHL/AHL tweener. I think he was a low 2nd round pick.

Would have liked him in the 3rd and not the 2nd but it is what it is. I hope he is a roster player in 2028.
Or we can expect Leinonen to become a second Rinne or something. Development is not linear and is different for each player. If they liked Leinonen so much that they were even ready to take him at 28, then they saw something in him. There are a lot of pros on Adams' staff right now and they obviously don't pick players at random.

Diaspora

Jul 13, 2020
He went to Switzerland for pro-mobility hips. Can't have the commie shit surgery that we provide here in the north.
They also added a little cucko clock to his neck that you can connect to the goal horn via wifi.
Go-go gadget groin hinge!

Reactions: cramdizzl

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation

@Jim Bob did a breakdown of tenders making it to the NHL and the timeline for delivery as a starter being typically about 5 years on average. Some take longer. Few take less. Positionally, it's a long-term development process.

JLewyB

May 6, 2013
Pegulaville
@Jim Bob did a breakdown of tenders making it to the NHL and the timeline for delivery as a starter being typically about 5 years on average. Some take longer. Few take less. Positionally, it's a long-term development process.
Gotta think the covid pause affected goalies more than skaters in terms of their development path which might also explain why all of them are raw. We got the best of the bunch and they all might be on a delayed timeline.

Reactions: Jim Bob

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Imagine being such an asshat that after one drill you run and tweet about how awful a 17 year old kid did.

What an absolute clown…

It's certainly not a good look. I've seen players I have not liked how they've performed in drills... but throwing someone immediately under the bus is not cool at all. Look for what is missing, what remains unsaid in reports is important.

Reactions: Dirty Dog

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad