Prospect Info: G Topias Leinonen -- Selected 41st overall in 2022

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Fintastic

Jul 10, 2022
He recorded his first career Liiga win and shutout against SaiPa but the let in 5 goals the next game against Lukko.

Reactions: Matt Ress

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
It would be refreshing
This organization had great goaltending for four decades and then like everything else…it went to shit after the Pegulas bought it.

Though they did draft the best goalie in hockey this year. So there’s that. For Boston.

Reactions: swiper

K8fool

Sep 30, 2018
stomach of giant parasitic worm
This organization had great goaltending for four decades and then like everything else…it went to shit after the Pegulas bought it.

Though they did draft the best goalie in hockey this year. So there’s that. For Boston.
Well he trained here w massive shots workload and high danger.. We must know his weaknesses and we'll see playing him if we were burned but he definitely scorned us in the official narrative.. maybe we wouldn't match..

Jage

Oct 29, 2022
KB saying it sounds like Leinonen won't be at the WJ showcase.

Possibly military service, but not sure. Just a guess.

Actually no.. previously he has said that he will attend the camp. Not sure why not...

HogtownSabresfan

Jan 13, 2010
So far, this choice looks very strange, but we'll see and wait.

Likely a bust and a reach for a pick based on a lack of goaltending in system and worries Levi and Portillo would sign. My bet is no way they make that pick if they felt confident Levi was signing. GMKA has made few muffs but this will be one.

• Wow
Reactions: jc17 and Jacob582

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
Likely a bust and a reach for a pick based on a lack of goaltending in system and worries Levi and Portillo would sign. My bet is no way they make that pick if they felt confident Levi was signing. GMKA has made few muffs but this will be one.
Perhaps, although I don't understand what the problem is to take goalie in the third or fourth round, there is almost no difference. After Leinonen, RDs like Warren, Casey, Luneau and Salomonsson gone, any of them would have looked more logical. Several goalies selected in rounds 4-6 look to me equal Leinonen, so it was strange to get goalie so early.

Dingo44

We already won the trade
Sponsor
Jul 21, 2015
Greensboro, NC
Perhaps, although I don't understand what the problem is to take goalie in the third or fourth round, there is almost no difference. After Leinonen, RDs like Warren, Casey, Luneau and Salomonsson gone, any of them would have looked more logical. Several goalies selected in rounds 4-6 look to me equal Leinonen, so it was strange to get goalie so early.

It's easy to nitpick over a year later but looking at the entire 2022 draft it's really hard to come down on the decisions the Sabres made. Leinonen was their fourth draft pick of the entire draft and he fell about where he was projected. I'm not really interested in second guessing that pick an entire year later, especially in what looks to be a stellar draft in its entirety.

1 9 Matthew Savoie
1 16 Noah Ostlund
1 28 Jiri Kulich
2 41 Topias Leinonen
3 74 Viktor Neuchev
4 106 Mats Lindgren
5 134 Vsevolod Komarov
6 170 Jake Richard
6 187 Gustav Karlsson
7 202 Joel Ratkovic Berndtsson
7 211 Linus Sjodin

Ad