GDT: Free Agent... Frenzy? aka "Let's get some guys to help Celebrini maybe" | Coverage on NHL Network, TSN, Sportsnet

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

bluefunnel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 30, 2005
My god TSN. Surely you have the budget for a better championship belt than that basic-ass nonsense. I've seen Youtube channels with better custom title belts than that and they don't have high end Telecom money to play with.
Some guy running numbers basically said " You can customize your Plinko board or you can have a nice belt but you can't do both."

• Haha
Reactions: TheBigDrunkPanda

YUPPY 2 7 10 11

Oct 5, 2020

Michkov signs 3-year contract, eligible to join Flyers this season.​

Sharks could have picked him, so we will see who will be better W. Smith or M. Michkov

• Wow
Reactions: Sandisfan

NWSharkie

Nov 4, 2018
PNW
That gives us what, 8 natural centers on the roster? That's great news for being able to ease in Smith and Celebrini! Maybe a few more bottom-6 players than I'd like, but seems like solid work from Grier

mogambomoroo

Sponsor
Oct 12, 2020
The term is the key in this. It's only 2 years and I think San Jose will just use him as a veteran presence. Free agency is not easy for SJ but we will get through one day. Next stop: GET SOME DEFENCE MIKE :)

Jargon

Apr 12, 2011
Venice, California
Wennberg was a fourth-liner for NYR in the playoffs. Seems like a gigantic overpayment.

He’s a 3C on our team, though, and we really needed that. Overpayment doesn’t matter (we have to overpay to get guys here) but he is insurance so Kunin never has to play 1st line center ever again.

I think Grier is done with forwards and moving to D.

weastern bias

worst team in the league
Feb 3, 2012
SJ
That Slafkovsky contract is horrifying

There's a world where we have to give out a big extension to Celebrini or Smith before they've really proven their worth, but I'd sure hope they've produced more than a 40 point pace by the time we commit over $60M to them

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Lol NHL.

They just announced the reinstatement of the front office/coaching guys who were held responsible for the Blackhawks' sexual assault stuff.

I'm sure doing this at mid-day on Canada Day during the frenzy over free agent moves is totally coincidental and not a shameless attempt to try and minimize the attention it gets.

Smooth.

Sharkz4Fun

Feb 8, 2023
I looked at his draft bio on EP and it said “ very hard working player” so it all makes sense!
Even then. At one point I would've said so, but this dude is borderrrrline 3C now. The contract itself doesn't matter but he'll likely be playing lots of minutes as a 2C and he is not a Grier type player at all. Warsofsky's gonna have to run a ? - Wennberg - Kunin 2nd line at some point and it's just gonna be horrific.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Even then. At one point I would've said so, but this dude is borderrrrline 3C now. The contract itself doesn't matter but he'll likely be playing lots of minutes as a 2C and he is not a Grier type player at all. Warsofsky's gonna have to run a ? - Wennberg - Kunin 2nd line at some point and it's just gonna be horrific.
burn-elmo.gif

SJFanQC

Dec 14, 2010
Laval
That Slafkovsky contract is horrifying

There's a world where we have to give out a big extension to Celebrini or Smith before they've really proven their worth, but I'd sure hope they've produced more than a 40 point pace by the time we commit over $60M to them

Having watched a bunch of games in the second half of the season, he was by far the Habs' best forward this calendar year. At 20 and a big frame that usually takes a longer time developing. I think this contract is going to be a steal.

Edit: 19 actually, just turned 20 at the end of the season.

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
Lol NHL.

They just announced the reinstatement of the front office/coaching guys who were held responsible for the Blackhawks' sexual assault stuff.

I'm sure doing this at mid-day on Canada Day during the frenzy over free agent moves is totally coincidental and not a shameless attempt to try and minimize the attention it gets.

Smooth.
Craig Button immediately going to bat for all those guys saying that they’ve “done the work” to deserve to be re-instated but don’t actually have to prove that they did the work made me want to hurl. The rest of the panel was like “well these guys really need to prove that they’ve changed”, etc. and was kinda uncomfortable but Button was just gross.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad