GDT: Free Agency Frenzy July 1st @ 12pm ET (Apparently it's not 12pm)

Status
Not open for further replies.

17futurecap

Oct 8, 2008
NJ
You can and then you lose any/all leverage in a Trouba trade because you must unload him.

Remember the Leafs sending Marleau to the Canes? … and that was a 1 year deal for 6 million. We’d get held over a barrel and everyone would be saying how dumb Drury is.

You would just buy him out then, and bank the 4 million in savings if the Wings didn’t want him anymore.

TominNC

Jul 17, 2017
Charlotte, NC
There are teams that got knocked out earlier that had a better chance to win the cup then nyr did in the ecf.

As for the reg season, is 4-6 less wins a season going to ruin your 6 months? You can't handle one less loss a month for the sake of your "entertainment" if it means having a team that is better built for the grind of the playoffs? Really?

Completely agree!

People act like second round pics or nothing important, they're extremely valuable and a lot of good players get scooped up in the second round, at the very least the second and third round really helped to develop depth in an organization. We're lacking all of that now. I didn't even realize how many second rounders we've traded away with virtually nothing tangible left to show for it
There are no guarantees unless you’re built like the 80s Oilers. With the guys moving around it’s just a lot of shuffling then the Lu start dealing cards in Oct. who knows what will happen. Just entertain me

Reactions: Pawnee Rangers

Uglybstrd

Apr 10, 2012
I guess by going younger Drury means giving Jones, Berard and Othmann every chance to make the team next year. How are Perreault and Sykoras chances to make the team, or get some games during the season, anyone have an update on them?

Reactions: mas0764

bleedblue94

Jun 8, 2004
Someone on here before said he will be traded, waived or bought out definitely. @nyrob13 ?
At this point they might just be best serve to keep him on the 3rd pair to play with Jones this year. Let Jones basically run every single breakout and Jake can be the physical presence out there.

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
I guess by going younger Drury means giving Jones, Berard and Othmann every chance to make the team next year. How are Perreault and Sykoras chances to make the team, or get some games during the season, anyone have an update on them?
You think Laviosaurus will play 5 rookies in his lineup, let alone 3? Maybe one of those guys makes the team, if that

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
The full Drury quote on Trouba:
"Jacob plays hard every night, provides a lot of leadership for us. Jacob knows what I think of him as a person and a player and I'm going to keep any private conversations I have with him or his agent keep it private. We're always looking to move the team forward and be the best team we can possibly be. I'm not going to go through player by player, who is going to be here, who is not going to be here. We're just trying to do the best we can in the offseason and put our best foot forward come training camp"

Reactions: egelband

Mac n Gs

Drury plz
Jan 17, 2014
I think the Trouba stuff got vastly blown out of proportion initially, and it's being overlooked that Friedman said that people were telling him that it wasn't close yet and everyone was getting ahead of themselves. I get it, and it's a complicated situation. Someone was saying it yesterday, but Overhardt and Trouba are likely using what leverage they have to try to get some grasp of control on this situation. Maybe he's still moved, maybe he's not. I don't think any of the D available in FA were really going to make or break that decision.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad