Proposal: Free agency edition Trade Rumours/Proposals [MOD - Stay on Topic] 5

Agent Zuuuub

Jan 2, 2015
Is the play here banking on Anahiems pick being 4th OA? Idk this coming draft well enough to comment on the value of 4th OA, but my gut says hell no.

its probably going to be 4th OA to 10th OA.

It could be like adding McTavish + a Yakemchuck, Buim, Guenther etc.

would be a gamechanger honestly. Especially since McTavish has a chance to become as good as Brady.

bicboi64

Aug 13, 2020
Brampton

would be a gamechanger honestly. Especially since McTavish has a chance to become as good as Brady.
Any first round pick coming from Anaheim with us moviny Brady has to be unprotected given how ass the ducks are. Would be nice to see Staios fleece another team

Agent Zuuuub

Jan 2, 2015
Any first round pick coming from Anaheim with us moviny Brady has to be unprotected given how ass the ducks are. Would be nice to see Staios fleece another team

I don't think any team aside from blue chip contenders will trade unprotected 1sts anymore.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010

Is this year expected to have guys like that in the 4-10 range? We might end up an Alex Nylander, Adam Boqvist, Hayden Fleury, Zadina, Glass, Juolevi,

I'm not sold that McTavish will be as good as Tkachuk over their careers, I think that's an extreme long shot

Agent Zuuuub

Jan 2, 2015
Is this year expected to have guys like that in the 4-10 range? We might end up an Alex Nylander, Adam Boqvist, Hayden Fleury, Zadina, Glass, Juolevi,

I'm not sold that McTavish will be as good as Tkachuk over their careers, I think that's an extreme long shot

McTavish should at least be a 60 point player, like to have that as a floor for him is reasonable. He is much better than Brady defensively and more coachable in that aspect, so really it is not that far of reach for Mason to become as good as Brady is now. He also has some size and power forward in his game.

And even if he doesn't become as good you could argue a better defensive 60-70 point player could lead to more wins vs a ppg Brady, and then you're adding a top 10 prospect..

or a top 10 pick that you can trade for a valuable asset that contributes now.

Last edited:

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
McTavish should at least be a 60 point player, like to have that as a floor for him is reasonable. He is much better than Brady defensively and more coachable in that aspect, so really it is not that far of reach for Mason to become as good as Brady is now. He also has some size and power forward in his game.

And even if he doesn't become as good you could argue a better defensive 60-70 point player could lead to more wins vs a ppg Brady, and then you're adding a top 10 prospect..

Also a center tho. Which just adds to the stockpile of centers

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
If Brady were ever to be traded, we could do a lot worse than a deal involving McTavish.

Struggling out of the gate this year but he'll be a really good player sooner rather than alter.

bicboi64

Aug 13, 2020
Brampton

Being better defensively than Brady isn't really a high bar. McTavish has produces like a 2C and isn't a power forward like BTkachuk. It's one thing if management decides we need a retool, but Brady is just so much more valuable to us right now on his current deal than whatever we hope McTavish can produce going forward.

I'd want more than McTavish and a top 3 protected 2025 1st from the quacks.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Struggling out of the gate this year but he'll be a really good player sooner rather than alter.
Funny how MacTavich having 3 pts in 8 games, and he's struggling out of the gate but will be fine (I'm sure he will be), meanwhile people are complaining about Brady struggling to the point that their coming up with trade proposals, yet he's got 11 pts in 8 games... what does Brady look like when his game is on if this is Brady having a rough start...

Agent Zuuuub

Jan 2, 2015
Funny how MacTavich having 3 pts in 8 games, and he's struggling out of the gate but will be fine (I'm sure he will be), meanwhile people are complaining about Brady struggling to the point that their coming up with trade proposals, yet he's got 11 pts in 8 games... what does Brady look like when his game is on if this is Brady having a rough start...

Brady could have had 3 points in 11 games with how he is playing and no one would bat an eye. at this point the real problem is that he finds it hard to outscore his defensive deficiencies.

Our first line might put up 1st line numbers but it doesn't matter when they are costing us games defensively.

And wonder what happens if you stick McTavish with Stutzle and our 1st pp and Brady on the ducks?

who gets the bump up and down in production?

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
Our first line might put up 1st line numbers but it doesn't matter when they are costing us games defensively.

And wonder what happens if you stick McTavish with Stutzle and our 1st pp and Brady on the ducks?

who gets the bump up and down in production?
The only forwards with a +/- of zero or plus one is the fourth line and Stutzle and Brady.

The team is a net zero in goal differential.
All you need to do is look at goal differential when looking at +/-, amongst teammates.

Haters going to hate I guess.

Reactions: Senator Stanley

Agent Zuuuub

Jan 2, 2015
The only forwards with a +/- of zero or plus one is the fourth line and Stutzle and Brady.

The team is a net zero in goal differential.
All you need to do is look at goal differential when looking at +/-, amongst teammates.

Haters going to hate I guess.

Talking about the last 6 cumulative years.

And Brady has been absolute crap this year. Plus player and on pace for 100 points or not.

• Haha
Reactions: Golden_Jet

bicboi64

Aug 13, 2020
Brampton
Talking about the last 6 cumulative years.

And Brady has been absolute crap this year. Plus player and on pace for 100 points or not.
Gotta disagree here.

It's only 8 games, but he's reigned in the dumb penalties and is leading us in scoring. He's just shite defensively, but so far has been scoring enough that he isn't a liability on the ice. Loads of room here for Green to help him work on being useful in our own zone.

Agent Zuuuub

Jan 2, 2015
Gotta disagree here.

It's only 8 games, but he's reigned in the dumb penalties and is leading us in scoring. He's just shite defensively, but so far has been scoring enough that he isn't a liability on the ice. Loads of room here for Green to help him work on being useful in our own zone.

Norris
Giroux
Batherson
Stutzle

Sanderson
Jensen
even Chabot

you can say have all been better than him. If Zub, Pinto and maybe Greig had played enough games they have a chance to say that too.

We need way more from Brady he is the captain and one of the highest paid players on the team.

If we did that to Alfredsson, Karlsson, Stone or Spezza we'd be justified to rip on them too.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Norris
Giroux
Batherson
Stutzle

Sanderson
Jensen
even Chabot

you can say have all been better than him. If Zub, Pinto and maybe Greig had played enough games they have a chance to say that too.

We need way more from Brady he is the captain and one of the highest paid players on the team.

If we did that to Alfredsson, Karlsson, Stone or Spezza we'd be justified to rip on them too.
pretty amazing that we can have that many players outplaying a guy on pace for 41g, 113 pts, +0.

bicboi64

Aug 13, 2020
Brampton
Norris
Giroux
Batherson
Stutzle

Sanderson
Jensen
even Chabot

You can make an argument that those players have been better than Tkachuk, but that doesn't necessarily make Tkachuk crap.

Hey, I completely agree that as captain, Brady needs to do more, but I don't think his on ice play this season classifies him as crap. I'd say he's playing average (scoring a low, but not stopping scoring) with a bit of growth in his game because we aren't seeing him take any dumb penalties.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
if you only rely on the stat sheet to be able to tell who is playing well you definitely can't.
I think Brady has had some rough shifts to be sure, but I think people are letting those cloud their view of his game overall. He hasn't been as good as his pts pace suggest, but he hasn't been as bad as you would claim either. The good news is we know he can be better, stats aside.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad