Proposal: Free agency edition Trade Rumours/Proposals [MOD - Stay on Topic] 5

Agent Zuuuub

Jan 2, 2015
I'd never seen Zub play. I'd watched video and heard Button talk about him. Based on that, thought he might be something. But nobody here was talking him up.

There was a very limited camp because of COVID and he couldn't speak English. It certainly wasn't a case of having an extended look at him or even being able to talk to him.

I'm not surprised they were slow to put him in. He certainly wasn't the first time a coach's hand was forced and then it turns out they really lucked into something.

Why weren't you surprised. He was literally one of our best players and it was evident from his first game and these guys waited until the season was basically out of reach to put him in.

I think they were forced too because of injury.

Inexcusable. How can someone coach or GM at this level and run the team like that.

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
The more important question is how many that you would take over him are realistically available, because no team is going to let go of a top 4 D on a good contract.
I'm not suggesting guys are available, just highlighting who is in the salary neighborhood

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
I'm not suggesting guys are available, just highlighting who is in the salary neighborhood
I think we can all agree Chabot is overpaid for his current contribution. Ideally everyone is on a good contract, but it almost never works out that way, you need to take a risk to get guys on bargain deals.

What matters more to me is the overall team, not whether an individual is over or underpaid. My question is can Chabot fill the role of 2nd pair offensive D, and if not can we acquire a replacement.

I agree with you that he needs to cut down on the brainfart plays. If Green can get those out of his system, or minimize them, I think he's great depth even if a bit overpaid, provided he can stay healthy. If he can't, I see us moving on from him after this contract.

I liked his game against Utah, he was doing the things defensively he's not known for. Maybe this is the year he turns the corner.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Why weren't you surprised. He was literally one of our best players and it was evident from his first game and these guys waited until the season was basically out of reach to put him in.

I think they were forced too because of injury.

Inexcusable. How can someone coach or GM at this level and run the team like that.
The only injury we had on D when Zub played his first game was to Wolainin.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad