Gregor Ostapchuk Cousins
MacEwan

Sanderson Zub
Chabot Jensen
Kleven Yak
JBD

Ullmark
UFA

That’s with only re-signing 2 UFAs in Giroux and Cousins.
Yeah not sure how many times a number 1 center has moved over to wing in their prime.

Just play Greig on the wing, I don't see the issue here, if there's a deal the legitimately makes us better, sure, but I think we're looking solid right now.
You’re assuming he’s good there and also wants to play there long term

PlayersLtd

Mar 6, 2019
I'm not making moves based on what Greig 'wants' other than the fact that I'm pretty sure he wants to win a cup. If that means the team needs your service on the wing than you're moving to the wing. He has no say until he is UFA and by the time he is UFA it's safe to say our C situation will have changed.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
I'm not making moves based on what Greig 'wants' other than the fact that I'm pretty sure he wants to win a cup. If that means the team needs your service on the wing than you're moving to the wing. He has no say until he is UFA and by the time he is UFA it's safe to say our C situation will have changed.
Well then odds are he will a DEFInITELY be asking for a trade because the odds of us are winning are incredibly low. Canadian team hasn’ t won in 30 + years

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Duschene would be one example.

He's been good on the wing when we've played him there, and what he wants is less important than what makes us better.
I don’t think he has been. Now he’s very young. So he can definitely improve.

Duchene? In Colorado? Where he was infamously disgruntled?

if Greig does blow up then don’t know if we can even afford him and pinto

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
I don’t think he has been. Now he’s very young. So he can definitely improve.

Duchene? In Colorado? Where he was infamously disgruntled?

if Greig does blow up then don’t know if we can even afford him and pinto
Was Duchene disgruntled because he was playing wing or because they were losing?

Giroux was listed as a winger until he was 25, then started playing wing again in Philly at 29.

Centers playing wing isn't as uncommon as you are suggesting.

If Greig does blow up and we can't afford him, deal with it then, his value will be higher and we'll get more for him.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Was Duchene disgruntled because he was playing wing or because they were losing?

Giroux was listed as a winger until he was 25, then started playing wing again in Philly at 29.

Centers playing wing isn't as uncommon as you are suggesting.

If Greig does blow up and we can't afford him, deal with it then, his value will be higher and we'll get more for him.
I said number 1 centers moving over to wing in their prime is not common. Because I was responding to a post that implied we can have all 4 of stutzle moves over to wing.

Right. So. If he blows up. Will have to deal one. Likely.

If he doesn’t blow up. We got a ok to good maybe winger slash center. And might not be worth much in a trade.

Which is what brings me to my point now. Now I’m maybe in veeerrrry wrong and his value is not that high around the league (I do think that maybe we the fans like Greig way more than the rest of the league does)

But. Swapping Greig in the next couple seasons for a solid young d man to replace chabot in the next couple years…. It’s. A play

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
The original question was - at the end of the year, if one of Halliday, Ostaptchuk, Greig have progressed and can fill the 3C would you deal Pinto? If you think that's dumb, okay, you're entitled to your opinion. But this is a discussion board...

Reason I brought it up was the recent interview with Conroy where he expressed the desire for a young centre that plays a 200ft game, and how he doesn't expect it to be easy, or cheap, to find one. With Norris back and looking good, the Sens may have depth at centre next year beyond Pinto.
Discussion board premise is sometimes lost on some.

Also these are random 20 something year old dudes. I think it’s okay that we discuss the possibility of one of them perhaps not skating around on ice in our home city anymore.

lol at pushing the trade Greig agenda
It’s not an agenda. It’s an idea. An idea that is kind of likely to play itself out? Just look at the makeup of our team? 1 of stutzle Greig Norris or pinto will be traded or lost to FA.

If Greig explodes. Then it’s almost GUaRENTEED one of them will be moved.

Unless he becomes a legit top 6 winger and giroux money can pay for Greig.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009

Also these are random 20 something year old dudes. I think it’s okay that we discuss the possibility of one of them perhaps not skating around on ice in our home city anymore.

It’s not an agenda. It’s an idea. An idea that is kind of likely to play itself out? Just look at the makeup of our team? 1 of stutzle Greig Norris or pinto will be traded or lost to FA.

For Cap relief they can always Trade Chabot in 2-3 years once Yakemchuk, Kleven and JBD are fully broken in and ready for full time success

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013

1. Greig is currently a utility player that can play anywhere in the top 9. He will fill in at C and will play some 4C.
2. He expressed a preference to C because that has been his position coming up. (pre his one game on wing this year) He is not a prima donna that is going to make it an issue.
3. He is a good, young, two-way player that plays with an edge
4. He can be played in multiple roles
5. Giroux and Perron will be moving and Greig's role will only increase

Show us how he runs out of runway and how it looks like its inevitable that he'd be moved or Pinto will be moved .. something you've recently added

IMO those 2 guys will be here a long time

Reactions: Sensinitis and OD99

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
For Cap relief they can always Trade Chabot in 2-3 years once Yakemchuk, Kleven and JBD are fully broken in and ready for full time succes

Trading chabot toughest move on the roster. In a couple years tho may be easier you’re right.
And there are other ways to get a good defensman rather than trading Greig or pinto.

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
The original question was - at the end of the year, if one of Halliday, Ostaptchuk, Greig have progressed and can fill the 3C would you deal Pinto? If you think that's dumb, okay, you're entitled to your opinion. But this is a discussion board...

Reason I brought it up was the recent interview with Conroy where he expressed the desire for a young centre that plays a 200ft game, and how he doesn't expect it to be easy, or cheap, to find one. With Norris back and looking good, the Sens may have depth at centre next year beyond Pinto.
Ostapchuk and Halliday arent going to just jump into a 3C role and be as good as Pinto. Also Greig is much more injury prone and does not play a two way game like Pinto...yet

Ask me again in 2 years

Also Greig fits the identity we are trying to build it seems being a fast physical team

For Cap relief they can always Trade Chabot in 2-3 years once Yakemchuk, Kleven and JBD are fully broken in and ready for full time success
if we need cap relief then say bye bye to Giroux and Perron.

OD99

Oct 13, 2012
Yes, and I am discussing it. Do you think a discussion board is just an echo chamber to reinforce your thoughts?

C depth is a hallmark of successful teams, in addition to solid D and goaltending. I am not sure that even the end of the year is a good time to take a step back in our C depth. I don't see any reasonable way that any of our lower tier C will step in and be as effective as we believe Pinto can be.

Guys that can play W or C are valuable to a team, but not necessarily on the trade front.
In general, I am a fan of rounding out the team, but we won't know what we need for another year or 2, IMO.

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
Yeah not sure how many times a number 1 center has moved over to wing in their prime.

Stamkos for 1. I’d try it out considering it seems he hasn’t won a faceoff since the WJC

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad