Gregor Ostapchuk Cousins
MacEwan

Sanderson Zub
Chabot Jensen
Kleven Yak
JBD

Ullmark
UFA

That’s with only re-signing 2 UFAs in Giroux and Cousins.
Yeah not sure how many times a number 1 center has moved over to wing in their prime.

Just play Greig on the wing, I don't see the issue here, if there's a deal the legitimately makes us better, sure, but I think we're looking solid right now.
You’re assuming he’s good there and also wants to play there long term

PlayersLtd

Mar 6, 2019
You’re assuming he’s good there and also wants to play there long term
I'm not making moves based on what Greig 'wants' other than the fact that I'm pretty sure he wants to win a cup. If that means the team needs your service on the wing than you're moving to the wing. He has no say until he is UFA and by the time he is UFA it's safe to say our C situation will have changed.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
I'm not making moves based on what Greig 'wants' other than the fact that I'm pretty sure he wants to win a cup. If that means the team needs your service on the wing than you're moving to the wing. He has no say until he is UFA and by the time he is UFA it's safe to say our C situation will have changed.
Well then odds are he will a DEFInITELY be asking for a trade because the odds of us are winning are incredibly low. Canadian team hasn’ t won in 30 + years

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Duschene would be one example.

He's been good on the wing when we've played him there, and what he wants is less important than what makes us better.
I don’t think he has been. Now he’s very young. So he can definitely improve.

Duchene? In Colorado? Where he was infamously disgruntled?

if Greig does blow up then don’t know if we can even afford him and pinto

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
I don’t think he has been. Now he’s very young. So he can definitely improve.

Duchene? In Colorado? Where he was infamously disgruntled?

if Greig does blow up then don’t know if we can even afford him and pinto
Was Duchene disgruntled because he was playing wing or because they were losing?

Giroux was listed as a winger until he was 25, then started playing wing again in Philly at 29.

Centers playing wing isn't as uncommon as you are suggesting.

If Greig does blow up and we can't afford him, deal with it then, his value will be higher and we'll get more for him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad