Proposal: Free agency edition Trade Rumours/Proposals [MOD - Stay on Topic] 5

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
I'd trade Sens of Anarchy if the right circumstances are there, but it would insanity to even think about it now. We need him.
The right circumstances are his value is high around the league and can bring back a young-ish d man. And we can sign a veteran center who can play wing who can fill in third line C.

Of course, I would not trade him this instant for nothing.

Loach

Jun 9, 2021
The right circumstances are his value is high around the league and can bring back a young-ish d man. And we can sign a veteran center who can play wing who can fill in third line C.

Of course, I would not trade him this instant for nothing.
No more Dorion blender. Chill bro.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
No more Dorion blender. Chill bro.
There’s no blender. I just don’t particularly love chabot. I think Greig might be a little overvalued. And if he really explodes and wants to play center there’s no space for him.

One of the centers need to go. It’s a good problem to have. But a problem you need to deal with ultimately

Loach

Jun 9, 2021
There’s no blender. I just don’t particularly love chabot. I think Greig might be a little overvalued. And if he really explodes and wants to play center there’s no space for him.

One of the centers need to go. It’s a good problem to have. But a problem you need to deal with ultimately
If he explodes, we can cross that bridge when we get to it. Same as any player. Let's just ride along here instead of looking for problems to fix that aren't there.

Reactions: DrEasy

GCK

Oct 15, 2018

So you want to move Greig and Chabot ?

Blotto71

Okay, maybe the worst is behind us...?
May 12, 2013
Over There
"I just don’t particularly love chabot. I think Greig might be a little overvalued. And if he really explodes and wants to play center there’s no space for him."

I read this very differently than you, apparently. Greig has not "exploded". Greig has not stated that he must play center. Seems very much like a hypothetical situation at the moment.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
If he explodes, we can cross that bridge when we get to it. Same as any player. Let's just ride along here instead of looking for problems to fix that aren't there.
Or he doesn’t explode and his value might be at its highest this offseason. Just an idea.

Remember I have zero power to actually make these moves. People disagree they don’t want to see Greig traded. Thats fine

Not tonight. Or tomorrow tonight. Something I would wxplore in the offseason only AFTER seeing how Greig is valued around the league.

If he can only bring back a second round pick yeah I’m not gonna trade him and chabot.

"I just don’t particularly love chabot. I think Greig might be a little overvalued. And if he really explodes and wants to play center there’s no space for him."

I read this very differently than you, apparently. Greig has not "exploded". Greig has not stated that he must play center. Seems very much like a hypothetical situation at the moment.
Everything on a message board is hypothetical basically.
And if he doesn’t explode but his value is high around the league… he can be moved for defensive help.

Big Muddy

Dec 15, 2019

Hypothetical is a noteworthy word here. There’s only 6 teams that have enough cap space for Chabot currently. Only four teams have enough “projected” cap space to accommodate a Chabot trade at some point this year. Then the veteran center is going to cost more than Grieg.

Not sure what this poster had in mind as far as when this would occur though. Maybe the thinking this was that this was an offseason move?

But generally, regardless of the timeframe, there’s usually a limit to how many teams have $8 m of cap space, and a decent vet center is probably going to get paid more than Grieg.

Edit - I see a more recent post that adds detail now on the timeline. However, post #15,915 indicated the opposite and that this was being contemplated as a current or near future move.

Last edited:

Big Muddy

Dec 15, 2019
Pinto is out week to week. Still want to trade Greig?

If you can get a solid veteran center that can play wing yeah. Which is what I said.

I don’t know.
I also said “in FA”. Implying something in the offseason lol

Greig for a young top 4 d.
And a veteran center who can movie around.
You’re contradicting yourself & not being very clear on the timing of these proposed moves.

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
Not tonight. Or tomorrow tonight. Something I would wxplore in the offseason only AFTER seeing how Greig is valued around the league.
Let’s say Greig does have a great season, you are saying move him in a package for a young top 4 D. Problem is we already have our top 4 D identified next year.

Big Muddy

Dec 15, 2019
Let’s say Greig does have a great season, you are saying move him in a package for a young top 4 D. Problem is we already have our top 4 D identified next year.
I’d also wonder if Grieg would fetch a return of a young top 4 D. He might, but it's logical to look at the basic premise to see how feasible it is. Generally speaking, teams like to hang on to good young top 4 D and tend to be loathe to move them. Of course, “package” could mean just about anything, and like most things, the devil is in the details.

Last edited:

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
I think it’s time to move on from chabot tho.

I’d also wonder if Grieg would fetch a return of a young top 4 D. He might, but it's logical to look at the basic premise to see how feasible it is. Generally speaking, teams like to hang on to good young top 4 D and tend to be loathe to move them. Of course, “package” could mean just about anything, and like most things, the devil is in the details.
Of course. I don’t know. But I am thinking that right now his value is high because of his reputation. And a team with a set top 4 ish might be willing to move a younger guy OR move an established guy to make room for a young guy in exchange for what they receive to be a future two way top 6 center (may or may not be correct)

And by “right now” I don’t mean trade him like this instant.

He also said alledgedly via Gord that he’s more comfortable at center.

Idea is to get a right sided zub for yakemchuk.

And Jensen down with kleven next year. Or in two years. Whatever the case may be

Big Muddy

Dec 15, 2019
I think it’s time to move on from chabot tho.

*** Of course. I don’t know. But I am thinking that right now his value is high because of his reputation. And a team with a set top 4 ish might be willing to move a younger guy OR move an established guy to make room for a young guy in exchange for what they receive to be a future two way top 6 center (may or may not be correct)

And by “right now” I don’t mean trade him like this instant.

He also said alledgedly via Gord that he’s more comfortable at center.

Idea is to get a right sided zub for yakemchuk.

And Jensen down with kleven next year. Or in two years. Whatever the case may be
Yakemchuk is a RD.

Re: right-sided Zub

Zub is a RD.

I thought you were trying to replace Chabot, a LD?

The bolded part in your 2nd paragraph (***) is correct though.

Last edited:

lunadio

Feb 8, 2006
Another high scoring game Ala barn burner and another loss can't finish it out there's a big problem and it ain't all goalie related you can't expect a goalie to be your savior every night you got to have a team in front of him who can defend

Reactions: Agent Zuuuub

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
I thought chabot has been really good outside of the first few games

He had some really good rushes yesterday and seemed to be actually trying to make plays while others were asleep

PlayOn

Jun 22, 2010
I thought chabot has been really good outside of the first few games

He had some really good rushes yesterday and seemed to be actually trying to make plays while others were asleep
Agreed. Him and Jensen haven’t even played together very long but you can see they’re getting more and more comfortable with each other. Happy for Chabot, he finally got a stable partner and it shows. Let’s see if he can stay consistent now.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad