GDT: GAME 09 - Monday, October 28th, 2024 - Winnipeg Jets vs. Toronto Maple Leafs - 6:30pm CDT - Amazon Prime - CJOB/Power 97

Guardian17

Strong & Free
Aug 29, 2010
Winnipeg
Thanks for the GDT @macmaroon !

Amazon is making it hard for people with poor internet watch the game!

They're not my favorite Amazon!

68430.gif

Jet

Chibby!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
Nope I disagree, it is there fault. Corporate greed, that is all what the Leafs ultimately are.
I mean, it's business. I don't really blame broadcasters to focus on what is going to bring the biggest audience, it's kind of what they've always done. The only thing I wish they'd do better is focus on regional content but that is expensive to produce and there isn't the ROI anymore with the way new media has eroded audiences.

I'd rather have a good, exciting team to cheer for that doesn't get a lot of national attention than have a team with all the attention that just sucks balls.

At least TSN has invested in really good local broadcasts of Jets games. We have a great crew, getting Dan as a replacement for Dennis was a real coup, and I even don't mind SHUT UP SAWYER as at least he's a total Jets homer, and not some annoying hater like Galley.

Reactions: ennsjd07

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
I mean, it's business. I don't really blame broadcasters to focus on what is going to bring the biggest audience, it's kind of what they've always done. The only thing I wish they'd do better is focus on regional content but that is expensive to produce and there isn't the ROI anymore with the way new media has eroded audiences.

I'd rather have a good, exciting team to cheer for that doesn't get a lot of national attention than have a team with all the attention that just sucks balls.

At least TSN has invested in really good local broadcasts of Jets games. We have a great crew, getting Dan as a replacement for Dennis was a real coup, and I even don't mind SHUT UP SAWYER as at least he's a total Jets homer, and not some annoying hater like Galley.

I don't blame broadcasters either for focusing on bigger markets but when it comes to the regional broadcasts on TSN for the Leafs and even the Sens and Habs compared to Winnipeg, it's night and day. Leafs get the full in-studio panel etc

Huffer

Jul 16, 2010
Absolutely hate this whole Amazon prime thing.

Hopefully the Jets can keep it going. The Leafs have some talent up front so you have to always be aware.

Reactions: buggs

Hobble

Sep 2, 2010
Agreed and i won't be sad to see cable companies, TSN and SN left by the way side.
Exactly. My dream is live games in 4K, a library of past games, individual on-demand segments on specific teams so I don’t have to sit through 15min of Leafs talk to get to the 3min Jets review, no blackouts so I can watch the Jets out-of-province.

LowLefty

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 29, 2016
Agreed and i won't be sad to see cable companies, TSN and SN left by the way side.
I'd love to see this happen - and Amazon has the means to actually do this if they wanted to.
Wouldn't it be nice to have all the games from one source? Amazon is probably smart enough to realize this as well

Reactions: Hunter368

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
Exactly. My dream is live games in 4K, a library of past games, individual on-demand segments on specific teams so I don’t have to sit through 15min of Leafs talk to get to the 3min Jets review, no blackouts so I can watch the Jets out-of-province.

Exactly, I haven't paid any cable company in three years and don't miss it a bit, I do have SN but would love to replace them. I have Amazon and plan on watching it tonight, I have seen one other game (not Jets) on Amazon and it was done well.

SLAYER

Cilantro Connoisseur
Oct 26, 2012
Winnipeg
Piracy is largely a service issue - if we were able to get all of the games with one easy to access service, most people would pay.

One of the complaints is that my IPTV service streaming is way higher quality than the legit TSN or SN streams from their websites. The service and quality is awful.

ICdave

May 11, 2009
Winnipeg, Manitoba
www.illegalcurve.com
Pre-game media:

Topics:
1) Benefits of playing close game vs blow outs.
2) Consistent play at home and on the road [;43)
3) Cole Perfetti's composure (1:37)
4) How do they exploit Perfetti further? (2:31)
5) Perfetti's goal a function of how they want the PP to work? (3:07)
6) Giving up first goal of game in 6 of 8 games, yet 8-0-0. (3:57)
7) What fine details would he like to see in his team play? (5:08)

Last edited:

Mad Dog Tannen

Apr 10, 2010
Let’s also not forget that once Amazon drains all the viewers, kills SN and TSN, and turns every arena in Canada into Amazon Place/Centre, they will also introduce obnoxious ads or additional costs.

So let’s just enjoy this time while we can :)
I know people would prefer one source for all NHL games - and I would too. But there are benefits of many broadcasters having rights. Breeds competition and avoids a monopoly.

Like you said - the dystopian future of Amazon owning everything is a scary thought in some important ways. Advantages of one streaming source aside.

BarnabyJones PI

I'd kindly settle for a tall glass of milk.
I know people would prefer one source for all NHL games - and I would too. But there are benefits of many broadcasters having rights. Breeds competition and avoids a monopoly.

Like you said - the dystopian future of Amazon owning everything is a scary thought in some important ways. Advantages of one streaming source aside.
I don't have a direct line to my RBC branch (rerouted to a centralized automated support), eBay support (outsourced) keeps redirecting me to automated support (they're useless), Canada Post reroutes me to their online automated service (which is the most useless of the bunch), YouTube has no direct line for me to contact (I only generated 55k watched hours in March of this year), etc.

Online support was great 20 years ago.

The best support for me, TODAY, is Amazon, but wait a short while longer when they have the board to themselves. We're cannibalizing ourselves.

Reactions: Mad Dog Tannen

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad