Proposal: Free agency edition Trade Rumours/Proposals [MOD - Stay on Topic] 5

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

SpezDispenser

Aug 15, 2007
I don't consider Moser, Geekie and a 2nd a massive payment for a top pairing D in his mid-20s.

Good trade for both teams there.
I mean, it's certainly not giving him away, so it's more like Armstrong was prepared to trade major pieces where other GMs weren't, Perhaps not a "massive" overpay, but perhaps I'm not as enamored with Serg as others and his cap hit is quite healthy.

frightenedinmatenum2

Sep 30, 2023
Orange County Prison
The only way the Sergachev trade is bad for Utah is if he loses a step after the injuries.

The fact that Tampa moved him after the injuries should be concerning.

His NMC is likely what expedited moving him. They weren't in a position to take it slow or wait because on July 1st he is there for life and if they approach him about a trade they aren't getting this kind of return.

It sucks for him to get voted off the island, but I would be excited about going to Utah as a young veteran like Sergachev, who has already won the cup and should have another 8+ years left in his career. Assuming their ownership is committed like the Vegas ownership was when they joined the league, Utah has everything they need to build a contender. They have the cap and assets to acquire legitimately any player in the league who is made available.

Tampa is on the decline with the age of their core. If Armstrong chooses the right young veterans to bring in, this could be a situation where Sergachev got a lifeboat off of a declining contender over to a new one. It seems like it would be an awesome challenge for a player who has the security of already having won the cup.

CallSaul

Jun 19, 2024
On Marino, it’s useful to note that Travis Green made him a healthy scratch during his tenure in NJ and he’s a defenseman who routinely gets bullied.

He’s a decent 2nd pairing guy if he’s with a stay at home defenseman who can take care of the play down low and in front of the net, but he’d be a terrible partner for either Chabot or Sanderson.

If we can’t be in the mix on Tanev or Roy, I think we’d be much more interested in a Haakanpa or Lyubushkin.

That’s more of what Chabot needs so he can rove.

Erik Alfredsson

Beast Mode Cowboy!
Jan 14, 2012
On Marino, it’s useful to note that Travis Green made him a healthy scratch during his tenure in NJ and he’s a defenseman who routinely gets bullied.

He’s a decent 2nd pairing guy if he’s with a stay at home defenseman who can take care of the play down low and in front of the net, but he’d be a terrible partner for either Chabot or Sanderson.
He's probably like an 84 overall in NHL 24 though, and every player that Ottawa doesn't trade for is automatically good, so they're wrong for not making that trade.

Also it's common knowledge that Marino is the only RHD that Ottawa is allowed to acquire, so this now means that Harmonic and JBD will be sharing top 4 duties this season.

Reactions: Wondercarrot

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
He al

If we can’t be in the mix on Tanev or Roy, I think we’d be much more interested in a Haakanpa or Lyubushkin.

Marino apparently has zero interest in coming to any Canadian city.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010

Officially, all of Marino's missed games this season were due to injuries (upper body under Green) or illness (prior to Ruff getting fired)

CallSaul

Jun 19, 2024
Officially, all of Marino's missed games this season were due to injuries (upper body under Green) or illness (prior to Ruff getting fired)

Huh I had read Devils fans mention he was held out for play related reasons. Maybe it was a minor injury and they made a man assumption about the “real” reason. With that said, it does sound like he really regressed last year.

Attachments

• IMG_2612.jpeg
    IMG_2612.jpeg
    296.6 KB · Views: 1

Ad

Upcoming events

• Bolivia vs Panama
    Bolivia vs Panama
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $75.00
    Event closes
    • Updated: