Confirmed Signing with Link: [BOS] D Nikita Zadorov signs with the Bruins (6 years, $5M AAV)

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

SeanMoneyHands

Apr 18, 2019
It's possible Zad has leveled up, and can play top four minutes. I think that's what he wanted and we'll get to see how it plays out this season. It's possible Vancouver didn't see him succeeding in that role
Everyone knows how strong he is, and if his play is more consistent, then the value will be there for the contract. A really fun guy to have on your team and he'll definitely be missed.
Downside is if he plays like a bottom pairing guy with costly turn overs and missed assignments. Canucks fans got to see that from Myers for most of his tenure with the Canucks, so that kind of play can really effect a team. If he's only a bottom pairing guy, 5 million seems like a big hit.

Personally, I think he's worth the gamble.

I bet if Z was paired with someone like McAvoy, Charlie would make him look like a top four defenseman.

Reactions: quat

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
This isn't the bad deal people make it out to be. It's a market value deal and the exact contract I thought he'd get.

thefutures

Sponsor
Jul 2, 2017
5m is a risk but it can also be a steal, I trust Boston more than most to give a proper value assessment on Zadorov

BB79

Apr 30, 2011
Glad we pumped Zad and Linds value so they could fleece Boston. Neither player will move the needle over 82 and get you firmly into a playoff spot
Glad we pumped the value of DeBrusk and Heinen (LOL!) up for you guys too. DeBrusk was a good 20-25 goal guy for us, so figure he should be a good 12 goal guy for you. Enjoy!

Brookbank

Nov 15, 2022
Glad we pumped the value of DeBrusk and Heinen (LOL!) up for you guys too. DeBrusk was a good 20-25 goal guy for us, so figure he should be a good 12 goal guy for you. Enjoy!
DeBrusk is the same age with similar production as JT Miller in 2019. His dad and Tocchet are friends. He wont want to let his dad down.

Zad and Lind will be good in the playoffs. But not over 82

• Haha
Reactions: BB79

GhostfaceWu

Shi Shaw
Feb 11, 2015
DeBrusk is the same age with similar production as JT Miller in 2019. His dad and Tocchet are friends. He wont want to let his dad down.

Zad and Lind will be good in the playoffs. But not over 82
Lol my dads friends with you coach I won't let you down. Imagine thinking this was something that shouldnt have stayed inside your head.

MKGamingByMunish

Apr 21, 2021
As a Canucks season ticket holder, this stings but the Boston game next season is going to be so damn rowdy and amazing. Everything from the chirping to the game itself!

Reactions: wintersej

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad