GDT: Free Agency Frenzy July 1st @ 12pm ET (Apparently it's not 12pm)

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here
Status
Not open for further replies.

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
I'd argue that Washington has propelled themselves into the conversation as a contender next season. Their defense, which was a major hindrance last season, became a strength today with Roy and Chychrun and they added Mangiapane and Duhaime who will make them harder to play against.
Nah, they improved their position for a playoff spot but their roster across the board is below of being called contender level.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Between the Rangers and Ducks this FA has been very underwhelming for me. But looking at most of these ridiculous contracts given out, maybe it’s for the best. I already see several future buy outs on the horizon.

My only issue, Rangers are competing now so maybe Drury needs to be riskier. I dunno.

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
Nah, they improved their position for a playoff spot but their roster across the board is below of being called contender level.

Yeah I'd be more scared of Washington if their core players werent washed, unmotivated or injured.

Their roster looks way worse when you consider Oshie and Carlson are hanging by a thread, Backstrom aint coming back and Ovi could care less about anything but sitting in his office. Banking on Lindgren could backfire too.

😂 No inside scoop there. I believe that has been made clear in the last 48 hours by several reporters.

Yeah I think Drury is operating outside of any Trouba decision. He wont be back.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
Yeah I'd be more scared of Washington if their core players werent washed, unmotivated or injured.

Their roster looks way worse when you consider Oshie and Carlson are hanging by a thread, Backstrom aint coming back and Ovi could care less about anything but sitting in his office. Banking on Lindgren could backfire too.

Oshie is done. Pretty sure he said he wasn't coming back.

They did add Thompson in net though who is... capable so even if Lindgren decides to be the goalie version of his brother they have someone who is more than able to string together some solid starts along the way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad