Proposal: Free agency edition Trade Rumours/Proposals [MOD - Stay on Topic] 5

Blotto71

Okay, maybe the worst is behind us...?
May 12, 2013
Over There
OTT:
Chabot
(Maybe add Joseph if they want a Crouse replacement)

UTA:
Crouse
JJ Moser
+ Pick or Prospect

Might be one of the few chances we have to move Chabot without retention to a team that views his contract as a positive. Clear up some cap space, get a heavy LW, and younger depth 2/3LD.
I like the idea, but would suggest that the D target be Kesselring. That's the guy that can be a second pairing RD that plays a shutdown role in a couple years. He would replace JBD immediately.

frightenedinmatenum2

Sep 30, 2023
Orange County Prison
OTT:
Chabot
(Maybe add Joseph if they want a Crouse replacement)

UTA:
Crouse
JJ Moser
+ Pick or Prospect

Might be one of the few chances we have to move Chabot without retention to a team that views his contract as a positive. Clear up some cap space, get a heavy LW, and younger depth 2/3LD.

Unless they are going to be a budget team, I doubt they would want to move out good roster players. Their position of strength is picks+prospects and cap space.

They have a dozen or so players selected in the first two rounds of the last three drafts, and then they have 10 second round picks in the next three drafts, including 38th overall on Friday.

With that said, if they genuinely aren't shopping Chabot, a package deal of picks+prospects probably doesn't get it done. They may want a legitimate player, or a flagship prospect like McGroarty, where they can pull the "We weren't shopping him but they put x or y on the table" card.

JaredCowen4Norris

Jul 9, 2020
Thats a ton of value coming our way.

Ambitious return for sure but, if Utah genuinely wants to add a top-pairing defenseman, it's not going to be easy. I don't think they'll have much luck convincing any of the top FA defensemen to sign there with the uncertainty around the teams future. They'll have to go the trade route and I don't see many younger top pairing defenseman, with a long-term contract and no trade protection who they could target.

I doubt we trade Chabot, but I think we could squeeze Utah for some good pieces if they were interested.

The Devilish Buffoon

Dec 24, 2018
I wonder if we're dangling Joseph+ (sokolov?) deal for Rutger
..would open a spot on the 3rd line
Would open up a spot in the Jets GMs chair too

Brady, Stü, Sanderson, Batherson, Pinto or 7th all get it done. Maybe Chabot but we would likely need to take a dump in return (i.e Schmidt). Besides that, I dont think we have a single combination of two players and/or prospects that get it done. Maybe Chychrun + Kleven/Ostapchuk, but thats if they like and can extend Chychrun… and thats about it.

Reactions: BigRig4 and senswon

frightenedinmatenum2

Sep 30, 2023
Orange County Prison
Seeing how the trades are going the last few days, I doubt Joseph has any real trade value in a scenario where we don't want to take money back because we are trading him to open up cap space. At this point, we probably need to attach a pick to him.

Winnipeg doesn't have cap flexibility to take him without sending anything back.

Reactions: SensFactor

SensFactor

Oct 25, 2008
Ottawa
Seeing how the trades are going the last few days, I doubt Joseph has any real trade value in a scenario where we don't want to take money back because we are trading him to open up cap space. At this point, we probably need to attach a pick to him.

Winnipeg doesn't have cap flexibility to take him without sending anything back.
Hopefully something with Philly

Gil Gunderson

May 2, 2007
Ottawa, ON

I’m guessing if a Brandon Tanev swap was possible it would have happened already?

ottawagm

May 6, 2023
I think we need to move Chychrun in a deal for a LW upgrade on Joseph for Stutzle and Giroux, with players in similar contract positions.

Chychrun + Joseph + 39 -> Ehlers + McGroarty
Chychrun + Joseph + 7 + 39 -> Konecny + Foerster + 12

I'm sure the value is off but in deals like that.

Reactions: SpezDispenser

frightenedinmatenum2

Sep 30, 2023
Orange County Prison
I’m guessing if a Brandon Tanev swap was possible it would have happened already?

Probably. Maybe they have a deal for Tanev but need to get rid of Joseph.

I figured Joseph was worth a 3rd round pick with the cap going up, but I think if there was a real market for him we would have already seen some traction.

Maybe he ends up as part of a bigger trade where us dumping him is obfuscated. Almost like how nobody has complained that maybe we could have gotten Ullmark for less than the 25th pick if we didn't have to dump Korpisalo. Let's say it's something like 7+Joseph to Calgary for 9+62, when without Joseph maybe we could have gotten 41 or 28. That sort of thing.

Reactions: Arogie

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site

Attaching a pick to trade Joseph is asinine. They need another player like Joseph. The only one who has reported the sens are shopping Joseph is Garrioch. Who gets absolutely nothing from the sens org. He's just throwing darts. Look how wrong he was about ullmark. Guys washed.

What about Chychrun for Laughton and one of Phillys second rounders this year or next? All should be in the top 40.

Hearing there is also interest from Chicago in Chychrun. Not sure what a deal with them looks like though. They don't really have anything the sens want except picks and they are mid rebuild. Why would they trade picks when they can sign him for free next year. Not like Dorion is the GM.

Reactions: Boud

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
Attaching a pick to trade Joseph is asinine. They need another player like Joseph. The only one who has reported the sens are shopping Joseph is Garrioch. Who gets absolutely nothing from the sens org. He's just throwing darts. Look how wrong he was about ullmark. Guys washed.

What about Chychrun for Laughton and one of Phillys second rounders this year or next? All should be in the top 40.

Hearing there is also interest from Chicago in Chychrun. Not sure what a deal with them looks like though. They don't really have anything the sens want except picks and they are mid rebuild. Why would they trade picks when they can sign him for free next year. Not like Dorion is the GM.

Trading assets to unload Joseph would be incredibly stupid.

guyzeur

Mar 25, 2009
Ottawa
A guy we draft this week isn't likely to be ready for top 4 duties in a year from now, great options or not.

It's madness to create a giant hole in our roster in the hope that who we draft will fill it a year from now, especially when we really need to make a push right now and show progress,
"A guy we draft this week isn't likely to be ready for top 4 duties in a year from now, great options or not."
Lets wait and see.

I see two scenarios. Chychrun for picks/prospects.

or

Chychrun for 3rd pair vet D and prospect/pick.
I think we all do.

Blotto71

Okay, maybe the worst is behind us...?
May 12, 2013
Over There
Would open up a spot in the Jets GMs chair too

Brady, Stü, Sanderson, Batherson, Pinto or 7th all get it done. Maybe Chabot but we would likely need to take a dump in return (i.e Schmidt). Besides that, I dont think we have a single combination of two players and/or prospects that get it done. Maybe Chychrun + Kleven/Ostapchuk, but thats if they like and can extend Chychrun… and thats about it.
McGroaty is NOT worth Chychrun + anything! Dorion has conditioned this fanbase to under-value all things Sens.
Ehlers would be an interesting target.
Not sure I want to trust the 82 games he managed this year after 5 years of being a pane of glass.

Reactions: SpezDispenser

guyzeur

Mar 25, 2009
Ottawa
Maybe I am being over dramatic. But I don’t think this team can be competitive with Chabot on the roster.

He plays 5 good games. Gets injured . Comes back. Plays like shit for 10 games . Finds his game plays good for 5 games gets injured….

You get like maybe 15-20 games a year where he looks like a top 4 D. His 8m could be way better used. I rather keep Chychrun.
The era of Dorion and Garrioch is over so we don't need another drama queen.
Crunchy can't execute a zone exit, handles the puck like a grenade and before last season was not often injured, always injured
1719486910764.png

Chabot's games played
1719486800861.png

Can you guess who was often injured and was rumored to be traded early in his career as a Sens?
1719486387908.png

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad