Proposal: Free agency edition Trade Rumours/Proposals [MOD - Stay on Topic] 5

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The Devilish Buffoon

Dec 24, 2018
Which young players got jerked around? Perfetti followed a very standard path. He just isn’t THAT good
Which young players got jerked around? Perfetti followed a very standard path. He just isn’t THAT good
Jerked around is a bit of hyperbole, but Heinola showed promise and was not given much chance until this year, Lambert probably deserved more than 1 game, Vesalainen bounced around a lot, Kovacevic and Chisholm never got much of a crack… they just havent really developed a player well since, idk, Laine? Connor? I guess you could count Samberg as a modest success.

Its tough to say if they handled those situationa poorly or if they just havent yielded positive results due to factors beyond their control, but it seems like that is McGroarty’s perception of things

Have absolutely no desire to trade for McGroaty, barring an underpayment
Why is that? See him more as a lower-middle of the lineup guy? And what would he a palatable price for you?

bicboi64

Aug 13, 2020
Brampton
Kraken need some offense from their D, and they have tons of capspace.

Trade Chychrun to them for Larsson, Tanev, and their 2nd next year that becomes a 1st if Larsson extends with Ottawa. We get a legit top 4RD, we get BTanev who will convince CTanev to come to Ottawa for a cheap price, and we start planning the damn parade.

Gil Gunderson

May 2, 2007
Ottawa, ON

Trade Chychrun to them for Larsson, Tanev, and their 2nd next year that becomes a 1st if Larsson extends with Ottawa. We get a legit top 4RD, we get BTanev who will convince CTanev to come to Ottawa for a cheap price, and we start planning the damn parade.
We can't fit in Larsson and both Tanevs.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010

That's a lot coming back, and I don't think you can have conditional picks based on extensions anymore, that got eliminated in 2020 I think

Gil Gunderson

May 2, 2007
Ottawa, ON
Never mind the fact that if we sign Chris Tanev, it's going to be because we're offering him a lot more than Toronto/Dallas and the 10 other teams who want him. He's not coming here cheap.

Senscore

Let's keep it cold
Nov 19, 2012
Never mind the fact that if we sign Chris Tanev, it's going to be because we're offering him a lot more than Toronto/Dallas and the 10 other teams who want him. He's not coming here cheap.

Might not be the worst thing if the Leafs sign him.

He seems primed to be the next aging defensive defenseman they'd throw money at only to drop off a cliff in terms of play, like Muzzin or Brodie.

Would take up a decent chunk of cap space.

Gil Gunderson

May 2, 2007
Ottawa, ON
Might not be the worst thing if the Leafs sign him.

He seems primed to be the next aging defensive defenseman they'd throw money at only to drop off a cliff in terms of play, like Muzzin or Brodie.

Would take up a decent chunk of cap space.
For the most part those were two very good acquisitions. Muzzin was good until he LTIR'd and Brodie was really good for most of his contract. Tanev still probably has at least 2 more years of being an elite defensive d-man (when the Leafs need it most).

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
The talk from Mike Johnston on the radio today was that Tanev might get a 5 or 6 year deal and as much as I'd love him in Ottawa I want no part of it. I'd sell myself on it quick if he came here for that long but personally I feel like 3 years is the sweet spot. As long as there's a plan to move moneyout I'd feel better throwing an Orlov type deal at him for $7 x 2 than going 5+ years.

A name I'm really selling myself on is Farabee, seems something is up in Philadelphia with him and Torts and he really rebounded last season. I wonder if Joseph + Boucher ++ would get the needle moving. He'd be a real nice fit in the top-six which would allow Greig to anchor the 3rd line, whether that ends up being at LW or C.

Bjornar Moxnes

Oct 16, 2016
Troms og Finnmark

Chychrun isn't worth that much more than Larsson.

bicboi64

Aug 13, 2020
Brampton
Are you sure?

I'm pretty sure that puts us over unless you're replacing Joseph, Kelly with league min deal, and bridging Pinto, even then it would be tight.
Staios will find a way to unload Forsberg without taking cap back, and we'll sign a bargain bin goalie to be Ullmark's back up

Gil Gunderson

May 2, 2007
Ottawa, ON
The talk from Mike Johnston on the radio today was that Tanev might get a 5 or 6 year deal and as much as I'd love him in Ottawa I want no part of it. I'd sell myself on it quick if he came here for that long but personally I feel like 3 years is the sweet spot. As long as there's a plan to move moneyout I'd feel better throwing an Orlov type deal at him for $7 x 2 than going 5+ years.

A name I'm really selling myself on is Farabee, seems something is up in Philadelphia with him and Torts and he really rebounded last season. I wonder if Joseph + Boucher ++ would get the needle moving. He'd be a real nice fit in the top-six which would allow Greig to anchor the 3rd line, whether that ends up being at LW or C.
Most teams that offer him that amount know there's a high chance he retires to gets LTIR'd before those 6 years are done. It will be a front-loaded contract.

Reactions: stempniaksen

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
Staios will find a way to unload Forsberg without taking cap back, and we'll sign a bargain bin goalie to be Ullmark's back up
Sure didn't sound like that's the plan with Ullmark's interview, but not out of the question. He seemed settled on the fact they would be the tandem to me and made me think Staios may have assured him of that. Also sounded like Ullmark expects to be a clear #1, so having a guy like Forsberg that is a clear backup is probably ideal.

xVolchenkov

Jun 21, 2011
Ottawa
Have absolutely no desire to trade for McGroaty, barring an underpayment
I would trade Chychrun for him if were able to sign Matt Roy.

EDIT - Signing Roy, trading for Ullmark (and unloading Korpi), while adding McGroarty and whoever we draft at 7 to our prospect pool would make me feel a hell of a lot better than I did about this team a few weeks ago.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad