Proposal: Free agency edition Trade Rumours/Proposals [MOD - Stay on Topic] 5

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Makes sense that a third team would be involved if we're trying to ship out one of our goalies. I imagine Philly wants a backup with Hart unavailable, though I haven't double checked.

I still worry about what the cost to move a goalie will be...

Adele Dazeem

Oct 20, 2015
On an island
And you don't see the value in a Linus?

I didn't say that. I would gladly offer their first+

The multiple teams involved thing makes me worried we might trade down to 12 then trade 12 for Ullmark.

I hope you're wrong. That would be disasterous. 7th OA should be off limits. Acquiring a top-4 D or a top-6 F on an ELC next season would be crucial in giving us a shot at a Cup. That is, if Staois has built a decent team by then.

Reactions: Nac Mac Feegle

frightenedinmatenum2

Sep 30, 2023
Orange County Prison
A third team could retain on Ullmark.

So long as the extension is signed after the trade, it's compliant.

That might help the Senators fit him in this season without having to pay the price to move Korpisalo.

I suspect that they need a third team to take Korpisalo.

xVolchenkov

Jun 21, 2011
Ottawa
Come in peace,

What do you feel the return is going to be IF he get traded to Ottawa
Assuming it comes with an extension, something around Chychrun and a second round pick is what I’m expecting. In my opinion, I feel like a 1 for 1 is closer to where the value should be. Any talk including Pinto, 7th overall (or 12th overall) is insane to me.

Reactions: DrEasy and Icelevel

Senscore

Let's keep it cold
Nov 19, 2012
1719172972964.gif

PlayOn

Jun 22, 2010

Bruce says we are looking to move Chychrun, Brannstrom, JBD, Kastelic and Joseph. Reiterates we want Brandon Tanev. We will most likely buyout Hamonic.

This sentence made no sense to me as I’m not sure what one has to do with the other:

While the Senators offered Korpisalo in return to the Bruins when the two sides spoke in March, Boston is in need of a centre.

Bruce also says he’s not sure extension is holding things up and believes it’s the high asking price.

Also mentions a team could take on Korpisalo with retention, which is a different tune than he’s sung before. He also again mentions trading down, so I wonder if the trade down with Philly does involve taking Korpi.

Reactions: Relapsing

Gil Gunderson

May 2, 2007
Ottawa, ON

Bruce says we are looking to move Chychrun, Brannstrom, JBD, Kastelic and Joseph. Reiterates we want Brandon Tanev. We will most likely buyout Hamonic.

This sentence made no sense to me as I’m not sure what one has to do with the other:

While the Senators offered Korpisalo in return to the Bruins when the two sides spoke in March, Boston is in need of a centre.

Bruce also says he’s not sure extension is holding things up and believes it’s the high asking price.

Also mentions a team could take on Korpisalo with retention, which is a different tune than he’s sung before. He also again mentions trading down, so I wonder if the trade down with Philly does involve taking Korpi.
Retaining on Korpisalo almost seems pointless when you can just buy him out.

Loach

Jun 9, 2021

Bruce makes no sense. You could say he is ...nonsense.

The Devilish Buffoon

Dec 24, 2018
A third team could retain on Ullmark.

So long as the extension is signed after the trade, it's compliant.

That might help the Senators fit him in this season without having to pay the price to move Korpisalo.

I suspect that they need a third team to take Korpisalo.
I believe a team could retain on the current contract even if an extension is signed before.

PlayOn

Jun 22, 2010
Retaining lasts half as long. It boils down to when you need the capspace more
Ya, if the plan is to have Sogaard backing up in 2025-2026, you can see why retention works better as they’ll have a cheap back up to compensate for the retained salary until he eventually starts costing more.

Reactions: gab6511

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal

It's Garrioch, writing good isn't his forte.

• Haha
Reactions: DJB and NB613

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad