Proposal: Free agency edition Trade Rumours/Proposals [MOD - Stay on Topic] 5

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

edguy

Feb 5, 2014
Charlottetown, PEI
O the Bruins board there is a poll about what will/should happen with Ullmark, the DomincT board insider voted he will be traded before free agency and the return will be “very good”.

I don’t know what this means if it’s us. Lots of comments in the thread about getting Pinto, I don’t know where that rumour started or just wishful thinking, obviously that’s not happening.

100% wishful thinking. Only way Pinto gets dealt is if his demands are huge but by all accounts he has been very adamant about wanting to stay in Ottawa

Senscore

Let's keep it cold
Nov 19, 2012
Lots of comments in the thread about getting Pinto,

1719164369881.gif

Senator Stanley

Dec 11, 2003
Visit site
O the Bruins board there is a poll about what will/should happen with Ullmark, the DomincT board insider voted he will be traded before free agency and the return will be “very good”.

I don’t know what this means if it’s us. Lots of comments in the thread about getting Pinto, I don’t know where that rumour started or just wishful thinking, obviously that’s not happening.

One person saying "It'll never happen, but I'd love to get Pinto" quickly turns into another person saying "I'm hearing Pinto".

You really have to look past what people are saying is a rumour to where it's coming from. Almost alwalys, it's bullshit.

h2

Mar 26, 2002
I do think the Bruins fanbase is being a little delusional with what the return should be based on historical precedent when it comes to trading goalies. Why does Ullmark break the trend all of a sudden?

Garrioch speculated Chychrun + 25 in an article a few days ago, which I think is a pretty bad overpayment by our side. Hopefully that's not the case, or if it is there's pieces with Ullmark heading back to make it worthwhile.

PlayOn

Jun 22, 2010
I do think the Bruins fanbase is being a little delusional with what the return should be based on historical precedent when it comes to trading goalies. Why does Ullmark break the trend all of a sudden?

Garrioch speculated Chychrun + 25 in an article a few days ago, which I think is a pretty bad overpayment by our side. Hopefully that's not the case, or if it is there's pieces with Ullmark heading back to make it worthwhile.
I think Markstrom already broke the historical trend. Ullmark is better, and unfortunately we need a goalie when the market for them is at a high.

Boston doesn’t need Chychrun, we need Ullmark. It’s sort of a difficult trade to “win” - we are overpaying but we’re not giving up anything that’s critical to us, so I think it’s worth it. Who knows, maybe the Sens are trying to negotiate it down to our 2nd.

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
I think Markstrom already broke the historical trend. Ullmark is better, and unfortunately we need a goalie when the market for them is at a high.

Boston doesn’t need Chychrun, we need Ullmark. It’s sort of a difficult trade to “win” - we are overpaying but we’re not giving up anything that’s critical to us, so I think it’s worth it.
Markstrom at 4M for 2 years is far better than Ullmark at 5M followed by a 35M extension.

Reactions: Nac Mac Feegle

PlayOn

Jun 22, 2010
Markstrom at 4M for 2 years is far better than Ullmark at 5M followed by a 35M extension.
I don’t agree with that. Ullmark is a better goalie, younger and I’d actually prefer to have some stability in goal for a longer period. Not like we’ve got Askarov waiting in the wings, if we get a goalie for two years there’s a decent chance we’re looking for another one.

The pick NJ gave up is also a 2025 1st which let’s be honest, we can’t offer up even with protection given our track record. Considering their pick could be 14th overall for anyone knows, it carries more value than a 25th overall pick.

BigRig4

Feb 22, 2014
An active NHL defensemen trying to flex his analytics numbers in order to land a job through Twitter is wild to me.
Staois can't contact him yet as he's still property of TBL, but there's no rules about a player letting his interest be known. That's my read on it anyway.

Reactions: DrEasy

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
I don’t agree with that. Ullmark is a better goalie, younger and I’d actually prefer to have some stability in goal for a longer period. Not like we’ve got Askarov waiting in the wings, if we get a goalie for two years there’s a decent chance we’re looking for another one.

The pick NJ gave up is also a 2025 1st which let’s be honest, we can’t offer up even with protection given our track record. Considering their pick could be 14th overall for anyone knows, it carries more value than a 25th overall pick.
Ullmark is my preferred choice of the two, but the returns should be similar.

h2

Mar 26, 2002

Boston doesn’t need Chychrun, we need Ullmark. It’s sort of a difficult trade to “win” - we are overpaying but we’re not giving up anything that’s critical to us, so I think it’s worth it. Who knows, maybe the Sens are trying to negotiate it down to our 2nd.

I don't think Markstrom breaks the historical trend when you factor in that NJ is paying Calgary to pick up a sizable portion of the salary. The comparison would hold true if the Sens were attempting to get the Bruins to retain on Ullmark, which we wouldn't as it makes no sense. I think the return will be similar/slightly more than Markstrom, but shouldn't be 25 + Chychrun.

To your last point, I think Chychrun + 2nd is totally reasonable.

PlayOn

Jun 22, 2010
I don't think Markstrom breaks the historical trend when you factor in that NJ is paying Calgary to pick up a sizable portion of the salary. The comparison would hold true if the Sens were attempting to get the Bruins to retain on Ullmark, which we wouldn't as it makes no sense. I think the return will be similar/slightly more than Markstrom, but shouldn't be 25 + Chychrun.

To your last point, I think Chychrun + 2nd is totally reasonable.
Fair but we don’t know much about the financials of it all. Garrioch has said the Bruins wouldn’t take Korpi but are willing to take Forsberg, so he could be going back as well. If there’s no market elsewhere for him, that would be a negative asset added.

Hard to say without seeing the full deal.

Reactions: h2

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad