Proposal: Free agency edition Trade Rumours/Proposals [MOD - Stay on Topic] 5

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

frightenedinmatenum2

Sep 30, 2023
Orange County Prison
Third team has to be cap related in some respect.

Either a big money player like Chabot or Norris is being sent somewhere, they are taking Korpisalo, or they are retaining on Ullmark because we don't have the cap flexibility to take his full hit and still fill other positions and we cannot move Korpisalo..

Ouroboros

There is no armour against Fate
Feb 3, 2008

This sentence made no sense to me as I’m not sure what one has to do with the other:

While the Senators offered Korpisalo in return to the Bruins when the two sides spoke in March, Boston is in need of a centre.
Still kinda think there's an outside chance that this deal ends up being Norris for Ullmark as the primary pieces. That sort of ties in with them needing a center.

If Ullmark signs for 7M it ends up being close to cap neutral.

frightenedinmatenum2

Sep 30, 2023
Orange County Prison
Still kinda think there's an outside chance that this deal ends up being Norris for Ullmark as the primary pieces. That sort of ties in with them needing a center.

Maybe a 3-way deal with Carolina? Chychrun to CAR, Necas to BOS, Ullmark to OTT?

Obviously, other picks, prospects, or roster players could be included as needed, but they would be the base of it.

LiseL

Sponsor
Sep 25, 2023
Similar to my thoughts but I’d also make 39OV available, maybe with Boston sending back a 4th or 5th

If Vegas is in heavy on Ullmark, it may be in both Vegas’ and Boston’s best interest to involve Ottawa & Thompson/Hill (likely Hill)
Ullmark nixed L/A because they're out west, why would he want to go to Vegas?

Reactions: Arogie

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Pump the breaks.

Apparently the negotiation between Sens and Ullmark is the holdup, so it could still be a day or 2 before anything happens.
Well... on the bright side, I can stop hitting refresh and actually get some shit done around the house...

Reactions: senswon

DJB

Jan 6, 2009
twitter.com
Why would you waste time finalizing a deal if you don't know the guy will waive?

Just seems like a recipe for getting bent over

Because if you don’t have a deal with another team you wouldn’t ask your player to waive .

What’s lost on HF boards is that ownership and management like to keep players happy and those relationships are real and an underrated aspect of trade negotiations.

You wouldn’t ask a player to waive unless you are close to a deal otherwise you are just stressing the player and pissing him off

benjiv1

Mar 8, 2010
Ottawa
Pump the breaks.

Apparently the negotiation between Sens and Ullmark is the holdup, so it could still be a day or 2 before anything happens.
Just to add context.
It was apparently pretty close earlier in the weekend in the sense that he has waived and something with Boston has been agreed to which is why I think all these rumours are popping up.

I don’t think there is a legitimate 3 way trade happening, but I think Ottawa is confident enough to trade back with Philly and get another asset to flip to Boston.

Makes me think they are high on Sennecke.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Because if you don’t have a deal with another team you wouldn’t ask your player to waive .

What’s lost on HF boards is that ownership and management like to keep players happy and those relationships are real and an underrated aspect of trade negotiations.

You wouldn’t ask a player to waive unless you are close to a deal otherwise you are just stressing the player and pissing him off
This makes sense when the player isn't aware they are being moved, but far less so when they fully know they will be moved. Relationships go both ways, and it doesn't do you much good to waste another teams time if the player isn't going to waive, it just pisses everyone involved off especially when a player is hearing his name in the media going to a team on his list and nobody bothered checking with him

Gil Gunderson

May 2, 2007
Ottawa, ON
Just to add context.
It was apparently pretty close earlier in the weekend in the sense that he has waived and something with Boston has been agreed to which is why I think all these rumours are popping up.

I don’t think there is a legitimate 3 way trade happening, but I think Ottawa is confident enough to trade back with Philly and get another asset to flip to Boston.

This is sounding to similar to the Boston insider’s info, that has us trading 12th to Boston…

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast

That would be an absolute coup.

I would honestly trade away Norris to get his cap off the books.
Just to add context.

They wouldn’t be confident trading back if they wanted Sennecke I wouldn’t think, chances of him being at 12 is nearly nil.

If pieces from the Philly trade are needed the deal won’t be going through for another week.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad