Proposal: Free agency edition Trade Rumours/Proposals [MOD - Stay on Topic] 5

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
After playing 9 years in the NHL, Cam Talbot had only had 2 seasons below .911 before coming to Ottawa. One of them was still a good .908 and the other was a bad season in Edmonton .893. He's actually been remarkably consistent.

We turned him into a big piece of shit. We'd find a way to do the same to anyone.
To be fair to Talbot, he had some injuries while here which may have played into his performance, his return at the very end of the season in particular he didn't seem ready for, and that tanked his sv% which had been .905 up intil then.

Crosside

Aug 1, 2018
Another trade rumors I see today

Chychrun + Larson vs 2025 Winnipeg first + Chisholm + Kupari

Senator Stanley

Dec 11, 2003
Visit site
there is this "rumour" which I would NOT make.... but I'm not a Rookie GM, in the NHL...

Rumour has the author, Bill Scott, isn't a real person.

Check out Bill's bio photo: Bill Scott - Senior Writer and Analyst for nhltraderumor.com

It's clearly a stock image: Amanda Brown – jrobot

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
The guys on the radio were talking about Boone Jenner being the type of player the org is looking for.

How about

Jenner for late 1st, Ostapchuk, Kubalik and Brannstrom. Fills a need and provides enough salary relief to sign Pinto.

Or

Jenner for late 1st Kubalik and Joseph

Crosside

Aug 1, 2018
The guys on the radio were talking about Boone Jenner being the type of player the org is looking for.

How about

Jenner for late 1st, Ostapchuk, Kubalik and Brannstrom. Fills a need and provides enough salary relief to sign Pinto.

Or

No. Jenner + 2rnd for Chychrun

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010

How about

Or

That seems like a lot for Jenner, I get the idea is were in part paying to dump Kubalik, but Kubalik is a UFA, he really shouldn't cost much to dump, and as an alternative we can just waive him to fit in Pinto and wait till the offseason to add a vet.

Jenner will certainly cost a 1st plus, but i think contenders will have trouble fitting him in and bottom feeders will want someone younger, so there won't be a bidding war, though CLB will want to just keep him around for the same reason we'd want him,

I could see 1st, 2nd and Brannstrom as a base, then throw in Kubalik as a cap dump, I'm not giving them Ostapchuk or Joseph though, we need more guys like them not less

OgieO

May 17, 2006
Halifax
Now that Philly has another RD I would like to peek at Sean Walker. He's a steady reliable RD. Maybe it could be part of a bigger trade. How crazy bad would Frost + Walker for Branny + Kubalik be? I am never good at figuring out value. Walker and Kubalik are same salary and expiring deals. Branny is a good young player that is redundant here and Frost is a young player that doesn't seem to fit in Philly (keeps getting scratched).

Not a massive deal for either team but might add pieces to each team that fits needs.

Reactions: NB613

Sens in Process

Oct 1, 2012
That seems like a lot for Jenner, I get the idea is were in part paying to dump Kubalik, but Kubalik is a UFA, he really shouldn't cost much to dump, and as an alternative we can just waive him to fit in Pinto and wait till the offseason to add a vet.

Jenner will certainly cost a 1st plus, but i think contenders will have trouble fitting him in and bottom feeders will want someone younger, so there won't be a bidding war, though CLB will want to just keep him around for the same reason we'd want him,

I could see 1st, 2nd and Brannstrom as a base, then throw in Kubalik as a cap dump, I'm not giving them Ostapchuk or Joseph though, we need more guys like them not less
Agreed, I am not touching Ostapchuk. He is exactly what the teem needs. I think he has a chance of being a big 3rd line shutdown center who could score 20.

Last edited:

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Now that Philly has another RD I would like to peek at Sean Walker. He's a steady reliable RD. Maybe it could be part of a bigger trade. How crazy bad would Frost + Walker for Branny + Kubalik be? I am never good at figuring out value. Walker and Kubalik are same salary and expiring deals. Branny is a good young player that is redundant here and Frost is a young player that doesn't seem to fit in Philly (keeps getting scratched).

Not a massive deal for either team but might add pieces to each team that fits needs.
Would be crazy, crazy bad for Philly

Reactions: OgieO and Skid

GCK

Oct 15, 2018

You would need to incentivize CLB. I don’t think a late 1st + Ostapchuk + 2 cap dumps is much of an overpay. This team needs to spend the rest of the seasons learning to play and Jenner would help that process.

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
way to much for Jenner

we are better off waiting till the offseason where guys will move for less
Jenner isn’t a rental so whether it’s now or summer it will cost. You aren’t getting a guy at his AAV with term for free.

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
So who are veteran 3rd line options with low AAV and term that can be acquired now or in the off season. What do you think is a cost that you think is appropriate.

Dan Patrick

Mar 11, 2020
So who are veteran 3rd line options with low AAV and term that can be acquired now or in the off season. What do you think is a cost that you think is appropriate.

Matthieu Joseph is a solid veteran guy we should consider acquiring for the third line. High energy, good defensively and he’s won a cup. We should be able to get him for pretty cheap.

Also a there’s a young centre I’m pretty sure will be made available in Shane Pinto. He might take a little while to transition but is responsible defensively, can win faceoffs and contribute on offence a bit.

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
I know Jenner is better than anyone we can get in UFA for anywhere near the same price tag but I'm of the mind to wait for FA to bring in a veteran. This team has bled picks for too long, Staois has a vision for the future and part of that will be having productive young players on ELC's to plug into the lineup.

I know it will also be tempting to overhaul the forwards, but I'd like to see this a lot of this group (minus Tank, Kubalik and the bottom of the roster) back next season. Norris might be broken but give him a full off-season to train and see where he's at next year. Get Pinto into the lineup from the beginning and see what kind of a difference a RS defence first center can make. Add veteran depth instead of trotting out the Kastelic/Kelly/Chartier/MacEwan's of the world.

Now the D and goaltending are a different story and there probably requires some personnel changes. I'm not sure there's an internal fix at those spots.

Reactions: NB613

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad