Proposal: Free agency edition Trade Rumours/Proposals [MOD - Stay on Topic] 5

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Joeyjoejoe

Dec 18, 2015
Giroux declining, Tarasenko gone, no blue chip prospects.

And Stutzle is the only guy you can feel confident about carrying his line.

Our top end could go from good to awful.

F9tSAQHbkAAFXp3.jpg

Joeyjoejoe

Dec 18, 2015
Players I can see this team targeting in the free agency:

Noesen
Lafferty
Bertuzzi
Martinook
Boyd
Seeler
Zadorov
Montour
Cole Smith
Sundqvist
Clutterbuck
Cousins
Lyubushkin
Bogosian
Edmundson

DrEasy

Out rumptackling
Oct 3, 2010
Stützville
I'd like to see us move Tank and get somebody like Connor Brown (from his time here), a penalty killing two way energy guy that plays in our middle 6.

Then get someone to upgrade MacEwen...

Tkachuk-Stü-Giroux
Brown type-Norris-Batherson
Greig-Pinto-Joseph
Kelly-Kastelic-upgrade (Branchise for now?)...

On d, I'm not sure what we'll do, the balance is off unless we play a LHD on the right, I'd like to get Kleven in the lineup eventually, but idk about Chabot with Chychrun.

Chabot-JBD
Sanderson-Zub
Chychrun-...
Chychrun is a big asset I would move. He's not a good fit here, and we need to balance our D.

Chabot - Beefy RHD
Sanderson - Zub
Brannstrom - JBD <- this line shouldn't get as many minutes as the top 4
(with Kleven coming up soon)

The top 6 should get automatically better after an off-season of rest and recovery from Norris, Stutzle and Batherson. But yeah, a Brown type on the top 6 would be welcome.

Joeyjoejoe

Dec 18, 2015
One of Sanderson, Chabot, Chychryn need to be converted into a RHD.

You can't have LD depth of

Sanderson
Chabot
Chychrun
Braanstrom
Kleven

with the RD depth being

Zub
JBD
Hamonic

My pick is that Sanderson and Chychrun stay, Chabot gets traded.

Sanderson- RHD
Chychrun- Zub
Klevin- RHD

Reactions: SensHulk and h2

Mark Stones Spleen

Trouba's elbow
Jan 17, 2008
T.O.
I'm fine with the top four that we have, if one of Chych or Chabot can actually consistently play the right side properly, otherwise one of them needs to go. Sanderson is going to be our #1D, I want him on his natural side.

Norris should have never been signed to that contract after 1 big year (I'm a huge Norris fan). He doesn't generate a lot of offense outside of his shot and it's relying too much on the PP.

Kubalik can go any time now, that would be great.

If we keep Chych and Chabot, we need a reliable #5RD.
We still need a second line C, hopefully more well rounded than Norris.
Despite what we could get in return for Tarasenko, if he's willing to re-sign for a year, I'd keep him.

Let a half season of new coaching actually be put in place and see how much it can improve these guys.

Can't believe people wanted DJ to remain for the rest of this year, how f***ing awful would it be to have this transition start next year and obliterate yet another season. The season was already gone now, the kids can actually either learn how to play D or gtfo.

Last edited:
Reactions: LiseL

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Chychrun is a big asset I would move. He's not a good fit here, and we need to balance our D.

Chabot - Beefy RHD
Sanderson - Zub
Brannstrom - JBD <- this line shouldn't get as many minutes as the top 4
(with Kleven coming up soon)

The top 6 should get automatically better after an off-season of rest and recovery from Norris, Stutzle and Batherson. But yeah, a Brown type on the top 6 would be welcome.
It would be nice to find a beefy RHD, not sure how we go about it in practice though.

Fun fact, there are only 68 RHD who have played this year that weigh 200+ lbs.

If you set the threshold to 210, it's 34.

Maybe you can find a bottom pair option that's available, but the pickings get slim if you want someone who has proven they can play 18+ mins a night,

DrEasy

Out rumptackling
Oct 3, 2010
Stützville
It would be nice to find a beefy RHD, not sure how we go about it in practice though.

Fun fact, there are only 68 RHD who have played this year that weigh 200+ lbs.

If you set the threshold to 210, it's 34.

Maybe you can find a bottom pair option that's available, but the pickings get slim if you want someone who has proven they can play 18+ mins a night,
DeMelo is 194 apparently, and he's beefy enough for my purposes. Surely we can trade Chychrun and get a DeMelo type + other assets?

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
I’d be tempted to change up the config of the top 9 next year.

Stu - Norris - Giroux
Tkachuk - Greig - Batherson
New F - Pinto - Joseph

Agent Zuuuub

Jan 2, 2015
Not sure Hamonic and his 15 mins a night are the problem. Although, he's admittedly not the solution either

They are, think about it he only plays 15 minutes a night and is so often the one on receiving end of backbreaking goals or momentum losing plays.

With no real upside for the things he does good too.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
DeMelo is 194 apparently, and he's beefy enough for my purposes. Surely we can trade Chychrun and get a DeMelo type + other assets?
DeMelo and Beefy are not two words I expected to see together....

Idk, I was thinking you wanted someone like Parayko, or Adam Larsson. Maybe a guy like Mayfield or Carlo...

Connor Murphy or maybe Hakanpaa who is UFA from Dallas?

DrEasy

Out rumptackling
Oct 3, 2010
Stützville
DeMelo and Beefy are not two words I expected to see together....

Idk, I was thinking you wanted someone like Parayko, or Adam Larsson. Maybe a guy like Mayfield or Carlo...

Connor Murphy or maybe Hakanpaa who is UFA from Dallas?
For this team, my "beefy" would simply be "big enough not to get knocked out of the puck easily", but hopefully a bit more puck moving skill and IQ than Hamonic... My standards are low, I guess...

But yeah Larsson would be ideal. Love Mayfield. Hakanpaa fits the bill.

Joeyjoejoe

Dec 18, 2015
So are ever gonna get to the bottom of this Formenton thing?

Is he excommunicated from the NHL?

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
For this team, my "beefy" would simply be "big enough not to get knocked out of the puck easily", but hopefully a bit more puck moving skill and IQ than Hamonic... My standards are low, I guess...

I want someone who clears the front of the net and wins board battles, we need penalty killers if Hamonic is getting pushed off the team,

Assuming Chych is the odd man out (or feel free to flip him with Chabot I guess)

Chabot-Hakanpaa
Sanderson-Zub
Kleven?-JBD

it's not sexy, but I do think they could be effective. Maybe with trading one of Chabot or chych you get that 2nd line 2way guy, or maybe we just run with what we have once Pinto is in the line

Tkachuk-Stü- Giroux
Greig-Norris-Batherson
Branchise-Pinto-Joseph
Kelly-Kastelic-MacEwen
Extra: Smejkal

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: DrEasy

h2

Mar 26, 2002
I want someone who clears the front of the net and wins board battles, we need penalty killers if Hamonic is getting pushed off the team,

Assuming Chych is the odd man out (or feel free to flip him with Chabot I guess)

Chabot-Hakanpaa
Sanderson-Zub
Kleven?-JBD

it's not sexy, but I do think they could be effective. Maybe with trading one of Chabot or chych you get that 2nd line 2way guy, or maybe we just run with what we have once Pinto is in the line

Tkachuk-Stü- Giroux
Greig-Norris-Batherson
Branchise-Pinto-Joseph
Kelly-Kastelic-MacEwen
Extra: Smejkal

Admittedly, I don't know much about Hakanpaa, but I'd want the new RHD to be an absolute freak physically, while being a competent top 4. Hard to get, but that's the dream.

For the forwards, I think we're missing that two-way beast that can shadow and shut down opposing top lines like Fisher. I suspect a lot of fans would say "We have Pinto". But I don't see him in that same vein.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013

Pesce would be target #1 as an RD UFA for me. I would move Chychrun , if we can get a good 2way winger back along with a 1st + I would look for that.

Dumba RD UFA could be an alternative at a lower price tag and shorter term. Not big but he plays hard and still has better mobility than JBD/Hamonic

Other RD UFA options
Brandon Montour, Matt Roy, Justin Schultz, Demelo

Think bottom 6 depth, size grit some speed and ability
UFA LW options that I would give a hard look at
Jake Debrusk
Warren Foegele
Jordan Martinook
William Carrier
Sammy Blais
Girgensons
Nosek

UFA RW options to look at
Brandon Duhaime
Hudson Fasching
Nicolas Aube-Kubel
Alexander Barabanov

Last edited:

Ghost of Jody Hull

May 20, 2022
I think after this trip is over, it's time to start selling and calling guys up from Belleville.

- Get rid of Kubalik for whatever (probably a 6th or 7th at this point).
- Retain 50% of Tarasenko and move him out (should be able to get a 2nd + decent prospect or 3rd).
- Scratch Hamonic, tell him he'll be bought out in the summer. No point putting him in the lineup again.
- Move out Brannstrom, for our sake and his. Retain half if you have to and hopefully get a 3rd or 4th.
- Put Forsberg on waivers and hope he gets claimed. If not, bury him in Belleville and call up Sogaard to get some games.
- See what you can get for Kastelic or Kelly.

Then run with:

Tkachuk - Norris - Joseph
Greig - Stützle - Giroux
Crookshank - Pinto - Batherson
Smejkal - Kastelic - Kelly

Sanderson - Zub
Chychrun - Guenette
Chabot - Bernard-Docker

Korpisalo
Soogard

The goal for the rest of the season:

- Figure out if Chabot/Chychrun can coexist, and if not, who to commit to
- Re-integrate Pinto, see if he can drive a 16-17 minute per night line
- See if Greig can take on a bigger role on the wing
- Rehabilitate the forward core (from a defensive and confidence perspective)
- See what you have in Crookshank, Smejkal and Guenette
- Get Jarventie and Kleven games as well

Last edited:

scout20

Jul 21, 2022
Players I can see this team targeting in the free agency:

Noesen
Lafferty
Bertuzzi
Martinook
Boyd
Seeler
Zadorov
Montour
Cole Smith
Sundqvist
Clutterbuck
Cousins
Lyubushkin
Bogosian
Edmundson
If Montour makes it to UFA it will be interesting to see how much he signs for given he has had a down year. (21GP 1G 5A 6PTS after having shoulder surgery.). Might be a good time to buy low... Brandon shoots right, plays physical and join the rush..

Mark Stones Spleen

Trouba's elbow
Jan 17, 2008
T.O.
Pesce would be target #1 as an RD UFA for me. I would move Chychrun , if we can get a good 2way winger back along with a 1st + I would look for that.

Dumba RD UFA could be an alternative at a lower price tag and shorter term. Not big but he plays hard and still has better mobility than JBD/Hamonic

Other RD UFA options
Brandon Montour, Matt Roy, Justin Schultz, Demelo

Think bottom 6 depth, size grit some speed and ability
UFA LW options that I would give a hard look at
Jake Debrusk
Warren Foegele
Jordan Martinook
William Carrier
Sammy Blais
Girgensons
Nosek

UFA RW options to look at
Brandon Duhaime
Hudson Fasching
Nicolas Aube-Kubel
Alexander Barabanov
Yup, Pesce is the one. Only problem is that he may not want to sign here and I think he'll be deteriorating halfway through the contract it'll take to get him.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
So who are the "good but not necessarily great RDs who are about 26 years old" that we could target via trade of one of our core pieces for next year?

Someone who is getting pushed down from their top pair by an uocoming young stud? A young stud who won't crack the top 4 of where he is just yet and could be awesome here?

h2

Mar 26, 2002
So who are the "good but not necessarily great RDs who are about 26 years old" that we could target via trade of one of our core pieces for next year?

Someone who is getting pushed down from their top pair by an uocoming young stud? A young stud who won't crack the top 4 of where he is just yet and could be awesome here?

Carlo
Weegar
Andersson
Marino
Larsson
Montour
Pesce
Cernak
Manson
Korczak

Some of those guys like Cernak will be impossible to get because of the physical intangibles they bring, but I'd take anyone from that list.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast

John Marino with Hamilton on the right and Nemec looking as though he’s a 20+ minute a night guy already. He’s expensive for the 3rd pair and has a NMC kicking in July.

He’s a guy that will have his minutes drop sharply next year with their guys healthy.

Reactions: Alf Silfversson

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad