Proposal: Free agency edition Trade Rumours/Proposals [MOD - Stay on Topic] 5

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Joeyjoejoe

Dec 18, 2015
Friedman saying that Trevor Van Remysdyk might be available now that Ethan Bear was signed.

Wouldn't mind him as a Hamonic replacement.

armani

High Jacques
Apr 8, 2005
Uranus
Cap gymnastics:

Chabot in / JBD down to BSens (I hope JBD is an injury call up so he doesn't have to clear waivers but can't recall). Truly an unfortunate situation with Hammer's NMC.
Joseph in / Smejkal down to BSens. I like Smejkal but he doesn't have to clear waivers, no cap to keep him.
Chartier sent down to BSens as soon as he is available. He played better than Kastelic who is coming around under new coaching.
McEwen sent down to BSens as soon as he is available. Pig shit Dorion anchor for another 2 seasons argh!

A trade or two may be in the offing before Pinto's back in 3-weeks. Kubalik's the odd man out because of his salary as a projected 4th liner when the roster is fully healthy. If push came to shove, he can also be sent down (temporarily/until next IR case) if there are no trade interest for him in the market. Andlauer may need to eat some salaries this season for non-roster players (McEwen, Kubalik), which I think he will if it came to that. Sending someone like Kubalik down may also allow the team to keep 7D (JBD stays) plus Pinto (at his qualifying offer).

Last edited:

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
The implication was Chychrun hasn't shown to be the better pp player, if he had, there would be evidence of it.

Not relevant that he was drafted a year later, the question is about their relative health,

17-18 50 vs 63 for Chabot
18-19 53 vs 70 for Chabot
19-20 63 vs 71 for Chabot
20-21 56 games vs 49
21-22 47 games vs 59 for Chabot
22-23 48 games vs 68 for Chabot

we'll have to see how this season goes, so far Chabot has had some poor luck with health, while Chych has been uncharacteristically healthy, but in years they both played Chabot has played more games in all but one prior to this season.
Holy geez you want to jump thru hurdles to prove a point that was made isn't correct.

What due diligence said was the past almost 3.5 seasons that Chychrun has been healthier

Currently it's Chabot at 185 versus 181 for Chychrun but that doesn't include the extended stretch where Chychrun was healthy but held out pending a trade. That's the point he made and he's correct

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Holy geez you want to jump thru hurdles to prove a point that was made isn't correct.

What due diligence said was the past almost 3.5 seasons that Chychrun has been healthier

Currently it's Chabot at 185 versus 181 for Chychrun but that doesn't include the extended stretch where Chychrun was healthy but held out pending a trade. That's the point he made and he's correct
Chabot has been the healthier of the two over their careers, that’s the point. Last year even accounting for Chych being held out a few games, Chabot was still healthier, I never said Chych wasn’t held out while healthy, I said chych has been the less healthy player over their careers up until this one. You want to jump in and stand up for a point I never disputed, but miss the overall point. Thanks I guess, but your not really adding anything but noise

Reactions: Sens of Anarchy

bicboi64

Aug 13, 2020
Brampton
Would still need to send Hamonic somewhere which is somehow a bigger issue than TVRs cap hit
I wonder how much a Hamonic buy out would cost.

Or if he'd be willing to go to the leafs since it still keeps him close to his family. Treliving is weird af, might want another hold vet that can't skate.

• Haha
Reactions: TheNewEra

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
Chabot has been the healthier of the two over their careers, that’s the point. Last year even accounting for Chych being held out a few games, Chabot was still healthier, I never said Chych wasn’t held out while healthy, I said chych has been the less healthy player over their careers up until this one. You want to jump in and stand up for a point I never disputed, but miss the overall point. Thanks I guess, but your not really adding anything but noise
You're right. He has been the healthier of the two over their careers.

But that's not what started this discussion is it? For the past 3.5 years, one guy's games played+games available to play>greater than the other guy's. That's what started it. Recent history.

Let me flip this on you. Since the point at which both players were drafted:
Chychrun was played in 415 of 578 possible NHL games and was held out of 8 games. So he was available to play in 422 of 578 games. That's a 73% availability rate since he was drafted.
Chabot has played in 390 of a possible 660 games since he was drafted for a 59% availability rate.

So the guy drafted later, Chychrun, has played more games and been available to play a much higher percentage of games since their respective draft dates.

But you know what? That's not the point that was made either.

The point that was made was recent history, as defined by the OP, sees Chychrun a little healthier than Chabot.

TheNewEra

Jul 10, 2013

Or if he'd be willing to go to the leafs since it still keeps him close to his family. Treliving is weird af, might want another hold vet that can't skate.
It's roughly 300k a year just expecting that to happen, anything else is a surprise

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
You're right. He has been the healthier of the two over their careers.

But that's not what started this discussion is it? For the past 3.5 years, one guy's games played+games available to play>greater than the other guy's. That's what started it. Recent history.

Let me flip this on you. Since the point at which both players were drafted:
Chychrun was played in 415 of 578 possible NHL games and was held out of 8 games. So he was available to play in 422 of 578 games. That's a 73% availability rate since he was drafted.
Chabot has played in 390 of a possible 660 games since he was drafted for a 59% availability rate.

So the guy drafted later, Chychrun, has played more games and been available to play a much higher percentage of games since their respective draft dates.

But you know what? That's not the point that was made either.

The point that was made was recent history, as defined by the OP, sees Chychrun a little healthier than Chabot.
The question was who was more injury prone over their careers the answer has been Chychrun up until this year, but got to try and spin things to make it seem otherwise. That's what the op, and now you are doing. Starting with a position and finding a way to frame the data to yield that position. This season is one of two over their respective careers where Chychrun has been available more games, but let's not let facts interrupt a good narrative

Bileur

Jun 15, 2004
Ottawa

It’s just one more year at a reasonably low salary.

The cap savings wouldn’t be worth it.

Reactions: ChurchOfAlfie

ottawagm

May 6, 2023
Washington needs scoring and have some cap space. Think they would be interested in either Kubalik or Tarasenko?

What about G back to Philly?

Last edited:

frightenedinmatenum2

Sep 30, 2023
Orange County Prison
Washington needs scoring and have some cap space. Think they would be interested in either Kubalik or Tarasenko?

What about G back to Philly?

Sending Giroux somewhere in the East to compete would be a merciful thing to do, but it seems like part of signing in Ottawa was to settle down. I doubt he wants out, even with it being a shit show.

If we move Tarasenko now without taking back cap, we probably aren't getting much of a return. Washington is one of the few teams who can make something happen, so they would be in the driver's seat. Add in Tarasenko's NMC and that complicates things.

Reactions: scout20

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Move Kubalik, Tarasenko, Brannstrom for sure

I would entertain moving Chychrun as well .. try to get a 1st + a good piece back... He has the right number and has a good rep.

Retool bring in some 2 way forwards and a good defensive RD

Reactions: Crosside and DrEasy

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
The question was who was more injury prone over their careers the answer has been Chychrun up until this year, but got to try and spin things to make it seem otherwise. That's what the op, and now you are doing. Starting with a position and finding a way to frame the data to yield that position. This season is one of two over their respective careers where Chychrun has been available more games, but let's not let facts interrupt a good narrative
The first person to compare their careers injury wise was due diligence and what he said was Chabot has missed more time in the last 3.5 years due to injury and he's right.

That fact that you changed the discussion is frankly irrelevant.

The man made a statement. He was right.

You made a completely different statement. You were right in what you stated.

It rained today. Guess what? I'm right. It did.

The question wasn't ever who was more injury prone over their career. That's not what started the comparison. YOU made that comparison. YOU changed the discussion by making a different statement

In this situation both statements are true. So was mine that it rained today. So was mine that Chychrun having been drafted later than Chabot has played more games than Chabot.

You know what your statement and my two have in common? They've got nothing to do with the point due diligence made

Reactions: DueDiligence

ottawagm

May 6, 2023
you guys realize the real problem is the core?
....is the core has never had real NHL coaching and have no idea what to do during games.

Keep the core, dump the rest, focus on coaching and proper play over wins for the next year or two.

If it's not looking good in 2 years then trade the core and start over.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bileur

Dan Patrick

Mar 11, 2020
I think the core deserves more than a few weeks of an interim coach after 4 years of shit coaching. Let someone else take this team for a spin for a year or two.

The entire core is under contract for 3+ more years so we still have time to see if the team responds to a new coach. If we are still spinning our tires in the 2025-2026 season I think you are strongly evaluating moving big pieces in the offseason. Until then it's silly to be arguing about the team that is essentially playing the same system as under DJ. It's going to take longer than a month to coach out the issues for a lot of these guys.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
The first person to compare their careers injury wise was due diligence and what he said was Chabot has missed more time in the last 3.5 years due to injury and he's right.

That fact that you changed the discussion is frankly irrelevant.

The man made a statement. He was right.

You made a completely different statement. You were right in what you stated.

It rained today. Guess what? I'm right. It did.

The question wasn't ever who was more injury prone over their career. That's not what started the comparison. YOU made that comparison. YOU changed the discussion by making a different statement

In this situation both statements are true. So was mine that it rained today. So was mine that Chychrun having been drafted later than Chabot has played more games than Chabot.

You know what your statement and my two have in common? They've got nothing to do with the point due diligence made
No JD1, the original claim was by bicboi64, saying Chychrun was too injury prone, Due diligence then reframed the timeline to make it seem otherwise.

But you gotta come in halfway through and and say otherwise....

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
No JD1, the original claim was by bicboi64, saying Chychrun was too injury prone, Due diligence then reframed the timeline to make it seem otherwise.

But you gotta come in halfway through and and say otherwise....
This is what BicBoi said

In the event that we have to choose between Chychrun or Chabot (for Karlsson, or any other player), I'm picking Chychrun only if he signs for $7 million long term. He's too injury prone and not as good as Chabot 5on5 to warrant a salary above that. Could change under JM.

Bicboi64 didn't compare Chabot and Chychrun from an injury perspective, he simply said that Chychrun is too injury prone.

The first comparison is due diligence's and he put a timeline on it. The last 3.x seasons.

Due diligence never downplayed Chychrun's injury proneness, he just put a timeline on it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad