Proposal: Free agency edition Trade Rumours/Proposals [MOD - Stay on Topic] 5

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Agent Zuuuub

Jan 2, 2015
In the event that we have to choose between Chychrun or Chabot (for Karlsson, or any other player), I'm picking Chychrun only if he signs for $7 million long term. He's too injury prone and not as good as Chabot 5on5 to warrant a salary above that. Could change under JM.

Chabot is so weak though. He plays like he is 150 pounds in the corners.

Chychrun is much stronger and harder to play against even if he makes dumb decisions which imo would be negated if he had a puckmover to play with.

Chychruns shot is also a lot harder and threatening from the point which is more unique to this team than Chabots ability to carry the puck.

Even if Chabot is a better player (which im not convinced about yet) Chychrun even at 8m makes us more well rounded vs Chabot at 8 m.

Reactions: h2

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005

Chychrun is much stronger and harder to play against even if he makes dumb decisions which imo would be negated if he had a puckmover to play with.

Chychruns shot is also a lot harder and threatening from the point which is more unique to this team than Chabots ability to carry the puck.

Even if Chabot is a better player (which im not convinced about yet) Chychrun even at 8m makes us more well rounded vs Chabot at 8 m.
If Chychurn’s ask is 8 million, then he likely gets moved.

TheNewEra

Jul 10, 2013
If Chychurn’s ask is 8 million, then he likely gets moved.
Chychrun has 2 years and by then the only dead money we win have is white and Hamonics buyouts

Outside of pinto and resigning giroux we have no one that we will be extending to big money. So an extension is possible unless the plan is for us to take Chychruns money and go for a top forward instead

h2

Mar 26, 2002

100% agree with this.

Chabot was literally thrown to the ice and dominated by Johnny Gaudreau physically in a battle for the puck in a 1v1 earlier this season.

I still want to see what Chabot looks like now that we have competent coaching, but part of me wants nothing to do with him after witnessing the Gaudreau thing either lol..

Honest question, can you win in a deep playoff run with someone like that seeing lots of ice-time? I'm not sure.

bicboi64

Aug 13, 2020
Brampton

Chabot is better 5on5 than Chychrun. I want to see how he looks under competent coaching.

Reactions: NB613 and DrEasy

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
100% agree with this.

Chabot was literally thrown to the ice and dominated by Johnny Gaudreau physically in a battle for the puck in a 1v1 earlier this season.

I still want to see what Chabot looks like now that we have competent coaching, but part of me wants nothing to do with him after witnessing the Gaudreau thing either lol..

Honest question, can you win in a deep playoff run with someone like that seeing lots of ice-time? I'm not sure.

He fell… wow talk about a small sample size and awful take based on one play

h2

Mar 26, 2002
He fell… wow talk about a small sample size and awful take based on one play

He didn't simply "fall". He engaged Gaudreau and was THROWN to the ice by Gaudreau during the battle. He gets overpowered all the time, this isn't a one time occurrence. Just the most egregious that comes to mind.

You can't argue the notion that Chabot is physically weak, it's a fact.

He brings many other elements to his game and is a special player, however he has shortcomings that I'm concerned about. I still want to see how he looks first with the coaching change.

Reactions: ChurchOfAlfie

Perratrooper

May 26, 2016
Alberta
Is there any world the Sens would consider moving one of Norris or Pinto as well as Batherson and if so, what would the ask be for a team like Colorado?

• Haha
Reactions: NB613

DueDiligence

Nov 16, 2013
In the event that we have to choose between Chychrun or Chabot (for Karlsson, or any other player), I'm picking Chychrun only if he signs for $7 million long term. He's too injury prone and not as good as Chabot 5on5 to warrant a salary above that. Could change under JM.
Chychrun is too injury prone compared to Chabot???? Chychrun has played more games than Chabot in the past 3 1/3 seasons and that includes the Yotes sitting him out when healthy waiting for a trade last year.
In addition Chychrun is better than Chabot on the PP and overall is a better offensive Dman.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Chychrun is too injury prone compared to Chabot???? Chychrun has played more games than Chabot in the past 3 1/3 seasons and that includes the Yotes sitting him out when healthy waiting for a trade last year.
In addition Chychrun is better than Chabot on the PP and overall is a better offensive Dman.
Last 3 1/2 years Chabot has played 185, Chychrun 181. Chychrun outside of this year has undoubtedly been more injury prone than Chabot,

Our PP with Chychrun is among the worst in the league right now, not sure how he's shown to be better on the PP when last year with Chabot they were top ten in the league. In that last 3 1/2 yrs you used, Chabot also has more pp pts than Chychrun too.

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
Chabby is very dynamic in the O zone, and is the one guy who will actually deke and take the puck to the net.

I really love his transition and offensive game and think that with JM on his details he’ll look even better. He looked great for the two games he was back.

Chabby is an excellent defender to have on our team and is not expendable in my opinion.

Reactions: Crosside and NB613

dumbdick

Galactic Defender
May 31, 2008
Is there any world the Sens would consider moving one of Norris or Pinto as well as Batherson and if so, what would the ask be for a team like Colorado?
I feel like batherson could hit 100 points on the avs.

It's just two really good pieces that would basically gut our rebuild. Cant see the team trading two of those guys under any realistic scenario.

Pierre from Orleans

May 9, 2007
Last 3 1/2 years Chabot has played 185, Chychrun 181. Chychrun outside of this year has undoubtedly been more injury prone than Chabot,

Our PP with Chychrun is among the worst in the league right now, not sure how he's shown to be better on the PP when last year with Chabot they were top ten in the league. In that last 3 1/2 yrs you used, Chabot also has more pp pts than Chychrun too.
Chychrun has been primarily on unit 2 with Sanderson taking the top unit minutes no?

DueDiligence

Nov 16, 2013

Well a little math mistake on my part re games played but Chychrun was held out of 8 games by Yotes mgmt. at before the deadline to ensure he was available for a trade. So technically as healthy or healthier than Chabot over the past 3 1/3 years.
As for the difference between the powerplays last year and this year it's certainly not because Chabot was there last year and Chychrun wasn't. When Chabot was hurt the end of last year the powerplay continued to operate at a high level at over 22 percent. In addition , Chabot had 1 PP assist in 9 games this year so his pace was dramatically off. The reason the PP is not clicking this year are guys like Timmy and Giroux are not scoring in all situations at the pace they did last year.
As for Chychrun I don't compare his stats from Arizona as that team was a perennial bottom feeder devoid of talent. This year he is on pace for his best season ever ( over 60 points) which surpasses anything Chabot has done.

Perratrooper

May 26, 2016
Alberta
I feel like batherson could hit 100 points on the avs.

It's just two really good pieces that would basically gut our rebuild. Cant see the team trading two of those guys under any realistic scenario.

To me there’s no reason why both teams can’t come out happy with what they receive. Pinto can get a real shot as a 2C on one of the teams and Batherson is a great fit for the Avs.

I wouldn’t expect the cost to be cheap at all, but figured I’d check on if there’s any way for the Avs to land two pieces they desperately need.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Karlsson wasn't even that good in the last game we played them but the way he played is something this team badly needs.

He was able to systematically drive possession not by any individual play but by subtly QBing the play and putting his teammates in positions to succeed. He is like an on ice coach out there.

The pairing of Karlsson-Graves had 23 shot attempts to 6 shot attempts against. Corsi of 80 percent and a expected goals of 93 percent.

This was a mediocre Karlsson game but still we got absolutely dominated when he was on.

Now imagine Karlsson playing with Chychrun and feeding Stutzle in stride, sending one timer passes to Norris and putting in pucks for Brady to deflect. With depth like Batherson-Greig-Pinto-Joseph.

That would be an elite team that would have made the playoffs last year, this year, and next year.

Also im not saying Karlsson doesn't have flaws he definitely does especially at this age. His legs aren't what they used to be but our team if anything is legs, and while our legs are fine this team has no idea how to play slow.

So this team can cover up Karlsson's worst weakness while Karlsson can help with this teams worst weakness.

The benefits far outweigh the negatives.
You’re really watching karlsson with some rose colored glasses. He was flat out bad against us lol.

Reactions: DueDiligence

JD1

Sep 12, 2005

How many games was Chychrun healthy and held out by Arizona? Iirc it was near a dozen and that was @DueDiligence 's point. By the time Chabot returns, Chychrun's games played plus healthy held outs will be around 200. So yes, he's been healthier than Chabot. 3.5 years also includes 2020-21. Chychrun played all 56 games that year. Chabot 49. I don't remember if Chabot was injured at year end though

Chychrun is playing 2nd PP. He's not really replacing Chabot. I think a big part of the problem on pp1 is left shot Stuetzle playing where right shot DeBrincat played last year.

Reactions: DueDiligence

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
How many games was Chychrun healthy and held out by Arizona? Iirc it was near a dozen and that was @DueDiligence 's point. By the time Chabot returns, Chychrun's games played plus healthy held outs will be around 200. So yes, he's been healthier than Chabot. 3.5 years also includes 2020-21. Chychrun played all 56 games that year. Chabot 49. I don't remember if Chabot was injured at year end though
Right, which is why I said aside from this year, Chych has been undoubtedly more injury prone over their careers, prior to this year he'd played less games despite starting his career a season earlier.
Chychrun is playing 2nd PP. He's not really replacing Chabot. I think a big part of the problem on pp1 is left shot Stuetzle playing where right shot DeBrincat played last year.
Not sure how him being on the 2nd unit really strengthens the argument that he's better on the PP. He's been available all year and despite the pp not working, we still don't use him on the top unit. He's done nothing to show he's better on the PP, he has a better shot, but most successful pp don't really rely on shots from D to score,

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
Right, which is why I said aside from this year, Chych has been undoubtedly more injury prone over their careers, prior to this year he'd played less games despite starting his career a season earlier.

Not sure how him being on the 2nd unit really strengthens the argument that he's better on the PP. He's been available all year and despite the pp not working, we still don't use him on the top unit. He's done nothing to show he's better on the PP, he has a better shot, but most successful pp don't really rely on shots from D to score,
The wording of your first post implied to me that you were saying worse with Chychrun replacing Chabot which he isn't

Yes Chychrun started earlier. He was also drafted a year later. He missed a lot of games in his first 3 years as a young guy hitting everything that moved.

Chychrun has been the healthier of the two the past 3 years

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
The wording of your first post implied to me that you were saying worse with Chychrun replacing Chabot which he isn't
The implication was Chychrun hasn't shown to be the better pp player, if he had, there would be evidence of it.

Yes Chychrun started earlier. He was also drafted a year later. He missed a lot of games in his first 3 years as a young guy hitting everything that moved.
Not relevant that he was drafted a year later, the question is about their relative health,
Chychrun has been the healthier of the two the past 3 years
17-18 50 vs 63 for Chabot
18-19 53 vs 70 for Chabot
19-20 63 vs 71 for Chabot
20-21 56 games vs 49
21-22 47 games vs 59 for Chabot
22-23 48 games vs 68 for Chabot

we'll have to see how this season goes, so far Chabot has had some poor luck with health, while Chych has been uncharacteristically healthy, but in years they both played Chabot has played more games in all but one prior to this season.

Reactions: Sens of Anarchy

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad