Proposal: Free agency edition Trade Rumours/Proposals [MOD - Stay on Topic] 5

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

frightenedinmatenum2

Sep 30, 2023
Orange County Prison
I guess if they could flip it out when the time comes it could make sense, just seems a bit strange considering they're the last placed team in the East and aren't really playing for anything.

It's probably premature, but at some point soon, decisions need to be geared around next year and the years that follow, not this one.

It would be more about setting up the defense for next season.

An example would be if Zadorov was still available for a 3rd+. We could trade for him, and if he is a fit maybe we're able to convince him to re-sign.

You also have to consider that Chychrun is a pending UFA next season and multiple players might be losing patience with the rebuild that was supposed to be over in 2021. They have to give the players and the market some glimmer of positivity or else they risk guys not re-signing, or trade requests. Going out and acquiring someone to help them at least shows the players that ownership don't see this as a rebuilding/basement team, even if the standings dictate that.

They don't really have assets to burn, which makes it difficult, but you can sort of justify it because if they are out of it at the deadline they will get that asset back. If the Zadorov type acquisition re-signs, they can get that asset back by proxy down the road when they move someone else. Or, if they don't re-sign but the Senators don't trade them because they are in the playoff hunt at the deadline, well losing out on recouping a 2nd or 3rd round pick is a good problem to have in that scenario.

frightenedinmatenum2

Sep 30, 2023
Orange County Prison
There has been some noise around the Senators shopping Kubalik, and other teams calling (not the Sens shopping) Batherson.

With Chabot's injury solving the cap crunch for them, they may not have to force a trade. They were almost certainly going to have to make a trade before mid-December. It would have been very difficult to work around their cap situation with the upcoming schedule.

Their schedule for the first two months was loaded with home games and minimal road trips, and they had those long breaks because of Sweden. It made carrying less bodies less of an issue. That will change later this month.

If Chabot is out until after the trade deadline, they pretty much don't have to worry about the cap situation because they can resolve their cap situation much more easily at the TDL through selling off pending UFAs if they aren't making a playoff push.

Reactions: NB613

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
I don't see much of a fit either, unless Chabot is out long-term. At that point we'd need to add a body at LD.
We have Sanderson, Chychrun and Brannstrom, one of which gets sent to the right when Chabot is healthy, we don't need another LD, a RD would be so much better.

Tanev seems like the guy we might look at, if Arz and Phi weren't doing as well as they are, I could see Dumba or Walker as targets.

Reactions: NB613 and Dionysus

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
We have Sanderson, Chychrun and Brannstrom, one of which gets sent to the right when Chabot is healthy, we don't need another LD, a RD would be so much better.

Tanev seems like the guy we might look at, if Arz and Phi weren't doing as well as they are, I could see Dumba or Walker as targets.
Agreed they need another RD. Tanev would be perfect, no idea how they fit him in or how they could afford to aquire him. So its probably not in the cards.

Beech

Nov 25, 2020
Agreed they need another RD. Tanev would be perfect, no idea how they fit him in or how they could afford to acquire him. So its probably not in the cards.
he has a M_NTC. I will guess Tanev has Ottawa on it.

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
Also, who's to say Tanev is even available. Calgary's record is worse, but they're closer to a playoff spot than the Senators, so it seems like it's still full steam ahead there to a certain extent.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Also, who's to say Tanev is even available. Calgary's record is worse, but they're closer to a playoff spot than the Senators, so it seems like it's still full steam ahead there to a certain extent.
They were trying to trade him to Toronto but couldn't agree on retention compensation

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
Its probably a 1st round pick + and the sens dont have cap space its not really in the cards for this team I dont think.
Ya no interest if that's the cost, but wouldn't doubt it, he's a heck of a player and a warrior type guy.

If Chabot is out for the year, then they have some wiggle room, no?

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
Why would he be out for the year? He came back and played the rest of the game against Seattle.
Well he's out now next game and being evaluated with the MRI with updates to come. I thought that was put out there as a possibility by someone, but can't remember.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Why would he be out for the year? He came back and played the rest of the game against Seattle.

Well he's out now next game and being evaluated with the MRI with updates to come. I thought that was put out there as a possibility by someone, but can't remember.
Bruce Garrioch tweeted it looked like he'd be out for a while, it's on the previous page of this thread.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Bruce Garrioch tweeted it looked like he'd be out for a while, it's on the previous page of this thread.
They have 62 games left is my point. Players typically don't miss the season when they come back and play that game. Thought maybe someone had heard something about a season ending injury.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
They have 62 games left is my point. Players typically don't miss the season when they come back and play that game. Thought maybe someone had heard something about a season ending injury.
I don't disagree, just pointing out where the sentiment likely originated. I figure with having lost Pinto and Norris to season ending injuries the last couple years, people's first reaction is to expect the worst.

Reactions: NB613

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
Bruce had no idea
They asked SS any news on Chabby.
SS replied, we’ll know more later today, or in the morning .
Bruce went, so not good then?
SS went Im not speculating .

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Bruce had no idea
Honestly, I'm expecting him out 3-6 weeks with a minor MCL issue, no surgery.

Joeyjoejoe

Dec 18, 2015
I would like to see Guenette get a chance to show if he's an NHLer first before we go an get someone. Hes having a great season in Bingo.

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
Bruce had no idea

Honestly, I'm expecting him out 3-6 weeks with a minor MCL issue, no surgery.
Well I won't speculate any further, but safe to assume his career is over. Carry on.

Reactions: Micklebot

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
If its a minor MCL issue he should be back playing in 3 weeks. If its major its max 8-10.
Ya, I figure it's somewhere between Minor and major given he finished the game, but I'll readily admit don't really have a clue when it comes to this stuff.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad