Proposal: Free agency edition Trade Rumours/Proposals [MOD - Stay on Topic] 5

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Loach

Jun 9, 2021
Maybe a 2nd is reasonable.

I think they'll go for blackwood or someone a step up.
The big club is pretty much all we have for players. I understand making trades for players that round out or better fit the team, but those trades have to hit. If we trade a roster player for a pick, the guy getting called up has to be 100% NHL ready. If he flops, it puts us back. The margin for error isn't there. The prospect pool is pretty much empty. Up against the cap. Rebuilding the front office and coaching staff. This year is par for the course on the ice. Ride it out. Hope the guys can get in to the playoffs with the team that's there. Next summer will be big for the future of the franchise. I'm not being doom and gloom, just think we are in a holding pattern. I probably should have posted this on it's own, but I wanted to get it down before the thought went away. Lol.

• Haha
Reactions: LiseL and dumbdick

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
They're playing well and in a playoff spot. Maybe if their play dips but I can't see them dealing him now.
I thought he was brought up primarily as a target for the offseason (could be wrong), but maybe if by the deadline Philly is out and we are in, we could look there. Juggling the cap will obviously come into play, we'd likely have to move out both Brannstrom and Kubalik to fit him and Pinto,

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Philly isn't under a mandate or order to make the playoffs or compete, nor do I think they are disillusioned into believing this is a playoff competing year for them, despite their solid start.

Briere knows what they are, they are going to trade away their UFA's like any other rebuilding team.

Walker will be a prime target. RD, cheap salary, and Philly has the ability to take back salary and retain.

They aren't going to hold onto guys when they are in the 10th/11th seed in January. They will trade away their contracts for a few picks and prospects.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Philly isn't under a mandate or order to make the playoffs or compete, nor do I think they are disillusioned into believing this is a playoff competing year for them, despite their solid start.

Briere knows what they are, they are going to trade away their UFA's like any other rebuilding team.

Walker will be a prime target. RD, cheap salary, and Philly has the ability to take back salary and retain.

They aren't going to hold onto guys when they are in the 10th/11th seed in January. They will trade away their contracts for a few picks and prospects.
I agree they will trade him if they are out of it. I just don't think that's going to happen. Couturier is a game changer from a matchup perspective. That team has completely bought in.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
I agree they will trade him if they are out of it. I just don't think that's going to happen. Couturier is a game changer from a matchup perspective. That team has completely bought in.
I can’t see them sticking around to a level where they say they will go for the playoffs.

They’re overachieving, big times right now, and are still out of the playoffs with more games played than most of the teams in the conference.

I’m not sure I can see the Flyers keeping up with the Isles, Pens, Devils, Wings, Caps, Canes and even the Sens for those final 2 spots in the Conference over a full season, and if they aren’t in a comfortable lead over those guys I can’t see them abandoning their game plan if a rebuilding year for a playoff push.

dumbdick

Galactic Defender
May 31, 2008
What does a package of
Kubalik + Brann + Detroit 1st get us?

Could we convert that into a solid cost controlled upgrade somewhere?

A rebuilding team could keep Brann and the 1st and choose to either re-up kubalik or deal him for a future at the deadline.

Reactions: Larionov

Alf Silfversson

Jun 8, 2011
Colorado needs some depth scoring. Because of injuries they have just over $4M in cap space.

To COL:
Dominik Kubalik

To OTT:
Andrew Cogliano
2025 3rd round pick

They get a guy who can score. We get a vet who makes about league minimum, can kill penalties. we gain about $1.7M in cap space for Pinto when he returns. Take it or leave it Shane "Shoeless Joe" Pinto.

Reactions: LiseL and Larionov

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
What does a package of

A rebuilding team could keep Brann and the 1st and choose to either re-up kubalik or deal him for a future at the deadline.
It's an extremely unlikable package, not sure any teams would be looking for those combination of pieces

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
What does a package of

We need to restock the cupboard here. I don’t want to trade more firsts.

I wouldn’t honestly trade Kubalik and brannstrom for picks. With them off the books and dead money off the books we would have some room to play in FA.

dumbdick

Galactic Defender
May 31, 2008
It's an extremely unlikable package, not sure any teams would be looking for those combination of pieces
I disagree. Brann is still developing and has value. 1st round picks always have value. And Kubalik could just be flipped for another pick at the deadline.

Do you think Brann + late 1st + 2nd is an "extremely unlikable" package?

That's ridiculous, frankly.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
I disagree. Brann is still developing and has value. 1st round picks always have value. And Kubalik could just be flipped for another pick at the deadline.

Do you think Brann + late 1st + 2nd is an "extremely unlikable" package?

That's ridiculous, frankly.
I do, yes

Not as much as including Kubalik for sure, 2nd would have much more value to a rebuilding team

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
The 2nd is kubalik. It's what the receiving team would recover for him at the deadline.
I understand, there are not going to be many/any teams looking for a package of those pieces. They aren't appealing to rebuilding teams.

They will just asak for our 2nd. The list of guys looking for a small 3rd pairing D who doesn't produce offense nor play a defensive role is going to be close to non-existent.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
I can’t see them sticking around to a level where they say they will go for the playoffs.

They’re overachieving, big times right now, and are still out of the playoffs with more games played than most of the teams in the conference.

I’m not sure I can see the Flyers keeping up with the Isles, Pens, Devils, Wings, Caps, Canes and even the Sens for those final 2 spots in the Conference over a full season, and if they aren’t in a comfortable lead over those guys I can’t see them abandoning their game plan if a rebuilding year for a playoff push.
While based on their roster on paper they are over achieving. Analytically and by the eye test they are not. They are earning all their wins playing a really tight, hard game with full buy in and compete from the entire roster. Every player has a role and they actually have decent depth to withstand injuries. I think the Couturier addition is such a massive one that cant be understated. They have enough defensively responsible players that they dont get caved in on the road when they get tough matchups because of him and how everyone slots.

Colorado needs some depth scoring. Because of injuries they have just over $4M in cap space.

To COL:
Dominik Kubalik

To OTT:
Andrew Cogliano
2025 3rd round pick

They get a guy who can score. We get a vet who makes about league minimum, can kill penalties. we gain about $1.7M in cap space for Pinto when he returns. Take it or leave it Shane "Shoeless Joe" Pinto.
This isnt a terrible idea at all.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad