Proposal: Free agency edition Trade Rumours/Proposals [MOD - Stay on Topic] 5

frightenedinmatenum2

Sep 30, 2023
Orange County Prison
If Ullmark doesn't sign we can flip him at the deadline for a 2nd round pick. So basically the difference between a late 1st and a late 2nd is what it cost to get rid of Korpi's contract. That's unreal.

It is a valid point, but there is no guarantee that we can flip him. If he is injured, or we are in the playoff hunt, we can't do it.

With that said, dumping most of Korpisalo's contract would make Ullmark walking an easier pill to swallow considering what people thought it would take to dump him.

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015
i like this without the extension for the price.

if he is legit it means we will have a successful season and he would be more willing to come back and we will have less risk of signing him to a 6-7 mill long-term contract.

Too risky to sign him to that contract without a game played.

Steve Staois has arrived.

Reactions: LiseL

WallyD

Nov 20, 2022
Ya, Gary says that every year, but wouldn’t have surprised me if a GM went rogue this year with being so close to the draft, but Gary wouldn’t of liked it.

Feel bad for the winning GM and staff this year, will need to get to Vegas, instead of enjoying the win for a few days.
Reality is only certain GMs could get away with it. The Sens have to be overly cautious. Wouldn't want to incur the wrath of Gary and lose another 1st round pick at discretion of those even-handed NHL gods.

frightenedinmatenum2

Sep 30, 2023
Orange County Prison
i like this without the extension for the price.

if he is legit it means we will have a successful season and he would be more willing to come back and we will have less risk of signing him to a 6-7 mill long-term contract.

Too risky to sign him to that contract without a game played.

Steve Staois has arrived.

I'd almost rather wait until January to deal with an extension.

See him in our system for a few months. The most the cost can go up to is 8M. If he is already asking for 7M, it's a bit extra for assurance that he is a fit.

Reactions: Agent Zub

frightenedinmatenum2

Sep 30, 2023
Orange County Prison
I wonder if Boston tries to move Korpisalo with a third party retaining.

As in, a team will give a 2nd round pick for Korpisalo at 2M, so Boston finds a team who will sell 1M x 4Y for a 2nd round pick, and they facilitate the trade.

Then they can justify that Ottawa gave them a better pick to take Korpisalo, and it ended up costing them nothing because they are able to find a way to dump him.

Or something like Korpisalo to PHI for Cal Petersen or Cam Atkinson.

HF Reader

Jan 20, 2018
Holy Moses, that’s possibly the best Sens trade in 15 years should it come with an extension.

Even without an extension, which admittedly stinks, getting rid of Korpisalo, we’d likely have had to give up a late first.
Pretty good for a rookie GM. Staios is no fool.
Hopefully this is the first big step in getting out of the hole Dorion put them in.

RAFI BOMB

May 11, 2016
It would be nice to see the Sens build a big a physical defense. Not sure who is available but D like Radko Gudas, Luke Schenn, Colton Parayko, Jamie Oleksiak, Brent Burns and Logan Stanley would be interesting targets. As for UFAs Nikita Zadorov, Jani Hakanpaa, Tyler Myers, Jack Johnson, Robert Bortuzzo, Chris Tanev, Brendan Smith, Dmitry Kulikov would be interesting.

Joeyjoejoe

Dec 18, 2015
I don’t think it should be understated that we now have an owner that’s comfortable with paying the July signing bonus. No doubt that lowered the cost.

If this was Melnyk, the price would have been higher since the trade would have been made after July 1st no doubt.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Bruce saying Staois looking for a 1st and a 2nd 1st and a good prospect. Nice to see they are asking for a good return atleast. I would bet they don't get that much, but more than Sens fans seem to be expecting.
I mean, we got our second first by not having to pay it in the Ulmark deal as far as I'm concerned

Reactions: Dionysus

Wondercarrot

By The Power of Canadian Tire Centre
Jul 2, 2002
We are one RD UFA signing from unf***ing a lot of what was f***ed.
We’d still have our 7th, the return from Chychrun, and Ostapchuk.

That that is actually a possibility I would have thought umpossible until 52 minutes ago.

Reactions: Icelevel and DrEasy

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad