Proposal: Free agency edition Trade Rumours/Proposals [MOD - Stay on Topic] 5

Emerica

May 29, 2010
boston fans were expecting Chcyhrun/Pinto and more so not surprised if they are disappointed
Yeah pretty delusional, as were Flames fans previously. They were convincing themselves there would be a bidding war for Ullmark. Still, if they get the 25th round pick its not a bad deal given the goalie returns historically.

edit: damn lol it happened

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013

ezgif-1-338213267b[1].gif

Reactions: BonHoonLayneCornell

frightenedinmatenum2

Sep 30, 2023
Orange County Prison
So they dumped 75 percent of Korpisalo's contract, and you also have to factor in that with his current level of performance, a future buyout is always possible.

I don't get the logic of this from Boston's POV. Even if the flip him with retention, or bury him if Bussi outplays him, that's a tough contract to take.

The only negative argument I could see would be that a first is a lot to give up for possibly one year of a goalie, but when you consider the value of dumping 3M x 4Y, even if Ullmark doesn't re-sign and isn't traded at the deadline, they still get tangible value for that pick.

R2010

May 23, 2011
If Ullmark doesn't sign we can flip him at the deadline for a 2nd round pick. So basically the difference between a late 1st and a late 2nd is what it cost to get rid of Korpi's contract. That's unreal.

Reactions: Psycroptic86

OgieO

May 17, 2006
Halifax
Wow. I think that's a great trade for us, getting out from Korpi contract, even with 25% retained. Makes losing #25 a total no brainer.

WallyD

Nov 20, 2022
Brandon Bussi has re-signed with the Bruins.

2-way contract but will probably be given a good shot at the backup position behind Swayman, as he is waiver eligible now and no chance he'd make it through after putting up excellent AHL numbers.

Don't think Boston will be interested in taking on Forsberg in the deal.
Doesn't this just mean they could deploy Forsberg as the first go to at the backup position, if traded to Boston? They could start Bussi in the AHL and not have to worry about him clearing wavers until and if he is called up to play at the NHL level. It certainly means Bussie has to be managed more carefully but I don't see it meaning Forsberg can't be moved there. They could demote Forsberg to AHL hoping he does not clear waivers. They could also trade him, perhaps an option they have already considered. Their objective is to move 5M of secondary goalie contract dollars. May take multiple transactions to do that. Anybody's guess at this point...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad