Proposal: Free agency edition Trade Rumours/Proposals [MOD - Stay on Topic] 5

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
I’m kind of doubting that the trade would be Chychrun (even with a small add on Ottawa’s part) for 32nd overall, Bonk & Laughton IF that’s what you’re suggesting. That would be good for Ottawa, but for the Flyers, not so much.

Yes, its not an easy job that Staois has.
I agree, but switch Laughton for Atkinson who the Flyers are trying to move out & makes a lot more money & it might make sense for both sides. Atkinson recently nixed a deal to SJ so he might not come here either, but who knows. It would also give Philly some space to re-sign Konecny. I assume Ott makes up the money by moving out Joseph LW/RW & Forsberg G ($5.685 mil). If they acquire Bonk it reduces any pressure to draft a RD & maybe they go after Sennecke RW.

To Philly: Chychrun LD ($4.6 mil out)
To Ott: 32nd OA, Bonk RD & Atkinson RW ($5.875 mil in) - difference $1.275

- Ott gets another 1st rd pick & adds a good young RD
- Philly moves out a bad contract, creates some cap space & acquires a top 4 LD.

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
if its near the draft deal its probably for a draft pick or or a draft pick swap

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Cleaning house would be wicked, can take the entire D corps outside of Sanderson/Zub for all I’d care. Kleven as well should stay.

Likely Chychrun if it’s a D, and a trade back to 12 if it’s a wait until we see what happens at the draft, likely have a guy considered to go in the 3-6 range in a tier alone.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Getting 12 oa would be ok, risto only has three years left and probably gets more respect from team GMs than fans
He’s legitimately one of the worst D in the league playing #6 minutes on the Flyers, and he’s an even bigger band-aid than Chabot.

I wish we had him during our rebuild, it would have been hilarious watching him when we didn’t care if we won.

DrEasy

Out rumptackling
Oct 3, 2010
Stützville
If you are Nashville, what would you ask for in exchange for Askarov?

They were trying to get a top 10 pick for him last year.

I think they would want 7th overall. While that wouldn't be the worst trade to make considering he is a young "top 10 talent", the point is that trading for Askarov may not be an easy solution.

I think we likely end with someone like Gustavsson. Or, we flip Korpisalo for another goalie who has negative value like Grubauer or Campbell.

Korpisalo for Campbell makes sense for Edmonton purely as a cap trade because Korpisalo costs less buried, or if they want to go the buyout route, his buyout is also cheaper over the next 2 years (when they are guaranteed to still have McDavid). Korpisalo's buyout is about 800k cheaper this season, and 1.5M cheaper next season, at the expense of being slightly longer than Campbell's buyout.

arov.

• Haha
Reactions: Skid and PlayOn

Ouroboros

There is no armour against Fate
Feb 3, 2008
The 'framework' is probably something as simple as a pick swap if Demidov falls to 7, which is why it would have to wait for the draft. The Sens would almost certainly not be picking him, so it's a good situation to extract value.

You move from 7 to 12 and get a couple 2nds in the process. Easy.

Reactions: BondraTime

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
He’s legitimately one of the worst D in the league playing #6 minutes on the Flyers, and he’s an even bigger band-aid than Chabot.
I'm not saying he's great by any means, but GMs love their big RHD.

Is taking on that contract worth 12 oa? Idk, but it's not as bad as some ideas I've seen...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad