Proposal: Free agency edition Trade Rumours/Proposals [MOD - Stay on Topic] 5

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Either way we would need to find a replacement as Sogaard is developing very nicely and I’d be loathe to risk his development by bringing him up.
There seems to always be a sub 1 mil goalie out there that's sevicable as a backup. I mean, we got Nilsson and Forsberg that way, Hellberg too.

The risk is Korpi hasn't proven he can handle a heavy load, but we already gambled on him so to me that's a bit of a sunk cost.

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
Forsberg isn't going to get claimed if we waived him.

Has been trash this year, which wasn't entirely unexpected after double hip surgery, but he also wasn't terrific last year.

We'd probably need to add a pick/prospect to dump him.

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012

Has been trash this year, which wasn't entirely unexpected after double hip surgery, but he also wasn't terrific last year.

Very interesting considering how many people here were claiming he was a much better option than Korpi after 1 GP this season

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Very interesting considering how many people here were claiming he was a much better option than Korpi after 1 GP this season

Both reactions are way too quick. Forsberg has been solid during his time in Ottawa, tough start to this year but there's lots of time for him to prove his worth. He also had a tough start to the 2021-2022 season and was one of the better goaltenders that year by a lot of metrics.

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
Both reactions are way too quick. Forsberg has been solid during his time in Ottawa, tough start to this year but there's lots of time for him to prove his worth. He also had a tough start to the 2021-2022 season and was one of the better goaltenders that year by a lot of metrics.

agreed. Just goes to show how recency bias is a real plague

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
We need to start tying players worths to wins and making the playoffs. If he gets us in a massive hole early in the season but then plays well to finish the year or plays better when we are far out of it I would say he wasn’t worth much to us

Reactions: ijif

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
We need to start tying players worths to wins and making the playoffs. If he gets us in a massive hole early in the season but then plays well to finish the year or plays better when we are far out of it I would say he wasn’t worth much to us

RIP Tim Stutzle

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
I think that’s a cop out. DJ hasn’t held the players accountable so yes that’s on him. You may not like DJs system, that’s also fair. The players, some in particular, are also to blame. Stutzle’s giveaways in his own zone aren’t system issues, Batherson repeatedly turning the puck over at the opposition blue line isn’t a system issue, these are things that are taught from minor hockey on. We need a new coach but we need to shake up the roster as well.
DJ hasn't held players accountable

Thats a huge part about coaching and was said that would happen this year

these guys don't take their mistakes seriously because they know no punishment is coming.

That's coaching. Also structure and not having the guys ready on time again the nucks

How many more defensemen does DJ need?

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
DJ hasn't held players accountable

Thats a huge part about coaching and was said that would happen this year

these guys don't take their mistakes seriously because they know no punishment is coming.

That's coaching. Also structure and not having the guys ready on time again the nucks

How many more defensemen does DJ need?
I’m not arguing against replacing the coach but I think we need a roster shakeup as well

frightenedinmatenum2

Sep 30, 2023
Orange County Prison
Zadorov would be good, but we don't have cap space, and we don't have a lot of picks or prospects to burn. I don't see them giving up a pick or a prospect for a potential rental when the team is last in the conference.

They would have to take Kubalik and retain. The only way it works is if there is zero market for Zadorov, and they just want to move on.

Big Muddy

Dec 15, 2019
Zadorov would be good, but we don't have cap space, and we don't have a lot of picks or prospects to burn. I don't see them giving up a pick or a prospect for a potential rental when the team is last in the conference.

They would have to take Kubalik and retain. The only way it works is if there is zero market for Zadorov, and they just want to move on.
Zadorov's cap hit is $3.75 m.

I'm thinking along the same lines. I'm not expecting a bail out type move this season from the new owner. There is no cap space, and further, draft picks have been pissed away for years now.

JD1

Sep 12, 2005

When did Forsberg have double hip surgery?

GCK

Oct 15, 2018

Forsberg didn’t have any surgeries or hip issues.

He’s started 4 games, 2 good and 2 not so good.

We would need a 35-40 game replacement as well.

Reactions: BonHoonLayneCornell

Bileur

Jun 15, 2004
Ottawa

Brannstrom+Kubalik+sweetener clears enough

Reactions: Icelevel

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
Chabot for zadorov +
;)?

Nah we can’t trade chabot.

Kubalik and Brannstrom? (Like @Bileur says)

Last edited:

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005

That was Korpisalo over a year ago.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad