Proposal: Free agency edition Trade Rumours/Proposals [MOD - Stay on Topic] 5

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
Then we have a massive hole in the top 9 and the P.p. Im no massiv ebatherson fan tho.

Is there a corresponding trade to ship out a d man. Especially when they’re all healthy?
I would move Chabot after the season. As for the hole in the top 9 I’ll take someone who has less offence but plays properly.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
I would move Chabot after the season. As for the hole in the top 9 I’ll take someone who has less offence but plays properly.
I agree with your second sentence.

I was thinking about how much bertuzzi may want as UFA. But we would have to not take
Money back in a batherson deal.

frightenedinmatenum2

Sep 30, 2023
Orange County Prison
A second line forward obviously doesn’t have the same value as a top pair D but the idea that Batherson has negative value is unhinged. His production for his contract value is a great deal.

The guy is becoming a major whipping boy.

It is reality in this cap era. Multiple very good wingers with cap/term have effectively been traded for nothing. In terms of Batherson, he hasn't shown the ability to be the superstar he was prior to getting hurt. I think it is unlikely that he has a lot of value right now because of his cap hit, term, and the overall landscape.

Long term cap is so valuable right now that players need to be superstars to have value. Otherwise, even good players get moved for next to nothing (Bjorkstrand, Smith, etc). That might change in 1-2 years as the cap actually starts to rise. UFAs at the deadline tend to go for more than players with term.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
Definitely don’t want Alfie in a job that he can and eventually would be fired from.

Keeping DJ would be good for the organization. What role could he reasonably slide into?
Yeah alfie as an assistant coach would be intriguing but I wouldn’t want to see him fired after a couple years. That would be awkward and ugly.

Reactions: Ice-Tray

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
Deadline is December 1st and one thing both parties can agree on is that they don't want Pinto sitting out for a year so we have about a month to get this done at this point
No, they can sign him in January, December 1 is for those RFA’s that can be offer sheeted.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
Apparently the person writing the note does not know anything about it other than there is noise.

If you have to do it, you do it for a top pair RD, but then one of the 4 excellent Dmen are redundant.

I personally think that kind of trade is not gonna happen anytime soon. Instead, it's time to split the top line up and get the Tkachuk-norris-batherson line back together.

Funnily, the only thing that makes the top 9 not perfect to me personally is the fact that Tarasenko is a rw. Otherwise, that top 9 - especially with Pinto and now Greig - is f***ing dynamite and has no business looking like shit.

I think, hence the coach must go idea.
I agree that if the team is not in a playoff position by the 1st of December, then the coaching staff needs to be replaced. The problem is that there are few good choices during the season.

GCK

Oct 15, 2018

I was thinking about how much bertuzzi may want as UFA. But we would have to not take
I think Bertuzzi is US bound next year. Came to play for 1 year where he thought he could put up big numbers.

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005

He’s been benched a few times during games, and taken off top line, likely going to the US.

scout20

Jul 21, 2022
Trade Batherson & Kleven for Bowen Byram. Byram would solidify the Sens D he can play the left or right side. Sens would have one of the best D in the entire NHL.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Trade Batherson & Kleven for Bowen Byram. Byram would solidify the Sens D he can play the left or right side. Sens would have one of the best D in the entire NHL.

Doesn't he have migraine issues after his concussions?

I wonder about the longevity of his career. Good young player though. A lot of potential. But a risk.

Reactions: Bileur

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad