Proposal: Free agency edition Trade Rumours/Proposals [MOD - Stay on Topic] 5

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
I'd consider Peeke for Kubalik, I think. Have to look at the long term ramifications, but he'd probably make a good partner for any of our LHD.
Aim higher.

Chabot + Pinto for a solid RD and solid winger + 1st.

Andersson + Dube + 1st.

Reactions: Schmautz11

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Aim higher.

Andersson + Dube + 1st.
I mean, I was just giving an example of a deal specifically for Peeke that I think could work.

If we're considering moving one of the top 3 LHD, it's a very different conversation than if we're looking to upgrade what we have while filling the hole created by recent injuries

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Aim higher.

Andersson + Dube + 1st.
Calgary is a good trade partner honestly. If it takes Pinto to get Andersson id do it. Seems fair with Chabot going the other way.

frightenedinmatenum2

Sep 30, 2023
Orange County Prison
They can't trade Chabot until they extend Chychrun or figure out the likelihood of Chychrun staying. We don't know how much he might prioritize not signing with a perpetual non-playoff team. He spent a decade or so in Arizona with only 1 year of playoffs. If we finish outside the playoffs again this season, maybe he doesn't want to play at home at the expense of being on a team at risk of continuing to not making the playoffs for many seasons.

If it's a defenseman with term coming back for Chabot, that changes things. Andersson only has 2 years left after this season though. So it could create a scenario where they lose an entire top pairing in a 2 season span. That would probably force another rebuild, unless they get lucky with another top pairing defenseman signing here or developing out of nowhere.

Joeyjoejoe

Dec 18, 2015
Garrioch saying that we are kicking tires on a Dman.

Wonder if PO Joseph from Penguins is an option.

Dan Patrick

Mar 11, 2020
A dman from Columbus maybe? Makes me worried one or more of Zub, Brann or Chabot will be out for a long time.

Reactions: DrEasy

ottawagm

May 6, 2023

We desperately need a RHD, not another LHD. Unless we're moving Brannstrom and want another cheaper LHD back for this year + a RHD somewhere else.

frightenedinmatenum2

Sep 30, 2023
Orange County Prison

Something like this makes sense.

I highly doubt that we are going to swing for the fences and get a legitimate NHL defenseman. The idea is probably to give up a 4th-7th round type pick and get back someone who we prefer over our current options of JBD and others from the AHL.

Dorion and Jarmo seem to have a good trading relationship, but who knows if Dorion is still calling the shots. If we go after Peeke, and if there isn't heavy retention, I would imagine that Joseph or Forsberg have to go the other way. That's too much money and term for a player with that much uncertainty around their play. So it would have to be more of a hockey trade where we move long term money off the books.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad