Proposal: Free agency edition Trade Rumours/Proposals [MOD - Stay on Topic] 5

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

frightenedinmatenum2

Sep 30, 2023
Orange County Prison
something around Shane Pinto for Dawson Mercer...

I can't see the Devils doing this, unless they have decided for sure that Mercer is going to be a winger in the NHL, and they badly want a long-term solution at 3C.

Not sure anyone is trading mercer can we even fit an ELC onto the roster?

If we are trading pinto we aren’t taking money back. Or else we will have to trade someone to fit that money in

Ottawa currently has 793k of cap space with 0 scratches. If they acquire Mercer or a different player, they will likely send down the player whose spot they take. For example, they would send down Kastelic, Chartier, or Kelly, which would give them an additional 775k of cap on top of the 793k they already have.

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
We’re not trading Pinto. Worst case scenario we still don’t have to trade him.

Then when the GM is replaced all the bad blood is sent away as well.

That’s worst case. Better case is he’s signed soon.

He isn’t being traded, the team and management loves him top to bottom.

Loach

Jun 9, 2021
Would anybody trade Dorion for Pinto? Let's just say this is SS and Andlauer's feeling out period and this is the make or brake for Dorion. Dorion trades Pinto instead of Kubalik or others..then gets fired. Would that be ok? Or Pinto is signed, same players are traded and they extend Dorion for 3 years. Do you want both or neither? That's the only choice on the table. No "Dorion goes and Pinto stays".

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
Would anybody trade Dorion for Pinto? Let's just say this is SS and Andlauer's feeling out period and this is the make or brake for Dorion. Dorion trades Pinto instead of Kubalik or others..then gets fired. Would that be ok? Or Pinto is signed, same players are traded and they extend Dorion for 3 years. Do you want both or neither? That's the only choice on the table. No "Dorion goes and Pinto stays".
You’re dreaming, and it’s dumb.

Dorion is already going to be replaced, and Pinto isn’t getting traded.

Just be patient and you can blow your weird load then.

Duncstar

Sep 1, 2017
Ottawa
You’re dreaming, and it’s dumb.

Dorion is already going to be replaced, and Pinto isn’t getting traded.

Just be patient and you can blow your weird load then.
Allow the man his dumb dream.

Dorion will be replaced.

Pinto will probably be traded one day. Maybe soon, maybe not.

Why you described his load I'll never understand.

Carry on.

Dionysus

Oct 7, 2007
Around the bend

I don't think SS can let Dorion keep Kubalik and trade Pinto. Just too poor of a tradeoff. Should have ditched Kubalik in the summer. Or training camp, or now.

Reactions: Loach

frightenedinmatenum2

Sep 30, 2023
Orange County Prison
If they move Kubalik, it will be sold as Greig stole his spot in the lineup, they couldn't turn down Tarasenko when he circled back to him because he is an all-star, and they are good guys who aren't going to keep Kubalik around to not play.

Maybe they get lucky with Kubalik and they can move him for a late pick if a team like Seattle is desperate after an injury. So they can sell it like oh man we got a 6th round pick to tack on to the return for Debrincat of a 1st rounder, Tarasenko, and a prospect (they won't mention the prospect is an ECHL prospect).

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
I think Dorion pride will stop him from moving Kubalik
Not a thing. For all the things, PD has never shown to be attached to guys he’s traded for. He’s constantly shown the ability to move on from guys he’s traded for that don’t work.

People just like to blindly do their diss thing, it’s just back ground noise. The reality is that he’s made some bad moves, which we can all wish don’t happen, or happen less or whatever, but he moves on quick enough thankfully.

If there is a deal that benefits the team he’ll make it regardless, especially given that Kubalik wasn’t a target in the DBC deal, it was the 1st round pick. Also, we should stop pretending that he’s making decisions on his own now. He has an AGM, a POHO, and an involved owner. There is feedback everywhere.

If the hold up for a trade is balking at giving a sweater I wholly support that. Pinto can sit, and we can wait things out until we can trade one of the three as an asset.

Stop digging is paramount.

Ouroboros

There is no armour against Fate
Feb 3, 2008
Just waive kubalik. Done.
Doesn't really help. If you waive and demote Kubalik you have about 2.1M to offer Pinto which is still not enough according to what the insiders have reported. I think if it were that simple it would be done.

I am now of the opinion that the Senators aren't going to be able to get Pinto signed. Likely the ask from the handful of teams willing to take Joseph/Kubalik is just too high to justify going ahead with it. How much would you be willing to sacrifice to get this guy into the lineup?

If the Senators haven't made space for this guy yet it's not because they won't, it's because they can't. Not reasonably, at least. As that December 1st deadline approaches it's going to become increasingly difficult for the Senators to make a trade. They're the ones under pressure.

I would imagine that the clarity we get on this situation that 'isn't a contract extension' is probably going to be the news that the Pinto camp have requested a trade. This isn't exactly the normal RFA holdout situation where two sides are grinding away at finding a deal, and it wouldn't be surprising to find out that Pinto and Lewis Gross have had their fill of it. They likely know for a fact that there are teams that would sign this player immediately if they owned his rights. How long will they sit on the sidelines and miss out on paycheques before they just decide to move on?

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Frankly I wonder if it is the opposite

Shinny show me what you got worked for Chabot in junior where he was a terrific skater and perhaps in his earlier years where the league was less familiar with them.

As this team has become better and more structured, Chabot seems to be going the other way.

Good point here.

I'm curious if all those years of non-structural overworked play have finally done him in. Akin to EK.

Alf Silfversson

Jun 8, 2011
We’re not trading Pinto. Worst case scenario we still don’t have to trade him.

Then when the GM is replaced all the bad blood is sent away as well.

That’s worst case. Better case is he’s signed soon.

He isn’t being traded, the team and management loves him top to bottom.

I'm pretty sure that you;re right about management loving Pinto. The problem is that the feeling has to be mutual. It's not crazy to consider that being basically the only unsigned RFA this year is souring Pinto on his potential future in Ottawa.

Who knows at this point?

Reactions: Ice-Tray

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad