Proposal: Free agency edition Trade Rumours/Proposals [MOD - Stay on Topic] 5

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
I don't think Schneider is worth anything more than a 2nd round pick at this point. Then deduct the trade-in value on one Brannstrom. Maybe I am wrong.

It's just a mechanism to get the Senators under the cap but with an NHL bottom pairing D coming back because they don't have a ton of depth that can fill in on the bottom pair.

My logic is that Pinto at this point has more value than Lafreniere. That is another thing I could be wrong on.

People are discussing what Booboo Bear said on the broadcast today.

Pinto is absolutely getting traded because if he wasn't, it would mean that Pierre Dorion negotiates through the media. We know he never does that.
I don’t think Dorion will be extracting max value from pinto. Or anyone else for that matter.

Big Muddy

Dec 15, 2019
I like the idea of both Pinto & Grieg in the lineup. That would be ideal.

In this case, would Grieg be our 4C, or would he be utilized as a winger? Elite Prospects lists him as a C/LW. Any idea how much time (games) he has spent as a winger?

frightenedinmatenum2

Sep 30, 2023
Orange County Prison
I like the idea of both Pinto & Grieg in the lineup. That would be ideal.

In this case, would Grieg be our 4C, or would he be utilized as a winger? Elite Prospects lists him as a C/LW. Any idea how much time (games) he has spent as a winger?

I like Greig at center, but he can play wing.

If we keep Pinto, it likely means we pay to move Kubalik or Joseph. So we would need a replacement on the wing in the top 9. That is likely Greig.

PlayersLtd

Mar 6, 2019
Kubalik should be the odd man out and you would think there would be a market for him as injuries set in to other teams top 6. Retain on him if you have to and increase the return.

Reactions: Adele Dazeem

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Maybe we trade pinto for a first. And then next season when cap space is cleared we can use those firsts we got from pinto and debrincst to get some good young players looking for a change of scenery

Kubalik should be the odd man out and you would think there would be a market for him as injuries set in to other teams top 6. Retain on him if you have to and increase the return.
It just looks bad and I think Dorion is afraid of looking bad.

2CHAINZ

Feb 27, 2008
Maybe we trade pinto for a first. And then next season when cap space is cleared we can use those firsts we got from pinto and debrincst to get some good young players looking for a change of scenery

So you want to trade Pinto for a 1st so we can package that 1st with another 1st in hopes to get a player like Pinto?

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013

It all looks bad . There is no way to look good.
Dorion could use Pinto as the scapegoat in this situation, exclaiming he is unwilling to sign a contract at the number offered. This is the Petty Pete formula.
But in the end
Being forced to move Joseph looks bad
Being forced to move Kubalik looks bad
Being forced to move Brannstrom looks bad
Trading Pinto would look really bad in my estimation... but there will be a heaping helping of spin associated with that

Reactions: Cosmix

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
So you want to trade Pinto for a 1st so we can package that 1st with another 1st in hopes to get a player like Pinto?
I don’t WANT to. I WANT to trade Kubalik.

But next year we will have the cap space to sign a player like pinto. As of right now we do not

Dorion could use Pinto as the scapegoat in this situation, exclaiming he is unwilling to sign a contract at the number offered. This is the Petty Pete formula.
But in the end
Trading Pinto would look really bad in my estimation... but there will be a heaping helping of spin associated with that
Yeah im saying Dorion has to bite the bullet. But you’re right he will pass the buck off to pinto and his agent

NB613

Jul 26, 2013
Ottawa
Surprised no one talking about this:

Went back and watched the Garrioch segment in case that was out of context, but no he definitely gave the impression that Pinto could be on the move.

My first thought was that Pinto’s agent is about to be fired.

SensPerpetualRebuild

Yelnats Puc
Jul 31, 2009
I’m all for trading Kubalik to make room for Pinto. Most of the teams that have the cap space to take him are rebuilding so a 28 year old pending UFA with 0 points doesn’t likely fit their needs. It will probably require a sweetener that will hurt.

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
I still think that a coaching change can bring back another type of Chabot.

This "shinny, show me what you got" system we playing now is not conducive to a productive Chabot at all.

But it seems like it's long lost now, damage is done on Chabot and all those years of 30+ minutes have done their part. We could literally replace Chabot with a 3-4 million player and not feel difference now it seems. He's a bigger Brannstrom, nothing more.
Frankly I wonder if it is the opposite

Shinny show me what you got worked for Chabot in junior where he was a terrific skater and perhaps in his earlier years where the league was less familiar with them.

As this team has become better and more structured, Chabot seems to be going the other way.

Duncstar

Sep 1, 2017
Ottawa
I could see Pinto to NYI, Philly or Boston. This blows. Onto best package time, sounds like team and player are divorcing

BUCKLE UP

MVPTP
Nov 30, 2009
Ottawa
I could see Pinto to NYI, Philly or Boston. This blows. Onto best package time, sounds like team and player are divorcing

Philly is the only team that has a package that could help us (Laughton/Konecny). I don't want futures or Jake Debrusk from Boston. I don't want Pageau back.

It sucks, there's no winning a Pinto trade.

ottawagm

May 6, 2023
I think this is just leverage by Doring to get Pinto to get his agent moving. We know you want to be here, but if this continues any longer then we'll be moving you.

Although maybe Pinto wants to play for his hometown NYI. Do they have any Kubaliks?

Pinto + Brannstrom -> Dobson

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
But in the end
Moving Dorion is my preference.

Frankly I wonder if it is the opposite

Shinny show me what you got worked for Chabot in junior where he was a terrific skater and perhaps in his earlier years where the league was less familiar with them.

As this team has become better and more structured, Chabot seems to be going the other way.
Bad coaching!

frightenedinmatenum2

Sep 30, 2023
Orange County Prison
It is possible that Dorion is negotiating through the media, but if they are going to trade him, they would want it to leak out before hand in order to prime the fanbase.

If you're Pinto's agent, you would probably welcome a trade to somewhere like Philadelphia. In Ottawa, all the money is spoken for. Teams can only have so many players signed at 7 or 8 million. They already have a handful, they also have Chychrun who will get bumped up to 8M+ in 2025.

On top of that, Norris will box Pinto into a Pageau-like role of being an elite matchup C who can provide 20 goals and 50 points.

From the POV of the Senators, if it was this difficult to sign Pinto as a 10.2(c) RFA with 1 pro season, how difficult is it going to be after a 2 year bridge deal?

I think trading him is a mistake, but if someone has put a great young player on the table, or a fantastic return package, I can see why it might be enticing to move on. The thing is, if they do move him, they have to get at least 1 sure thing. It can't be a bunch of prospects and picks. There has to be a comparable young player.

Reactions: scout20

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
:sens
IN:
-Alexis Lafreniere (2.325Mx2Y)
-Brayden Schneider (925kx1Y)

OUT:
-Shane Pinto (RFA Rights)
-2024 OTT 4th Round Pick

:flyers
IN:
-Dominik Kubalik
-2026 3rd Round Pick or 2027 2nd Round Pick (PHI's choice)

OUT:
-Retention On Erik Brannstrom (1Mx1Y)

:rangers

IN:
-Shane Pinto (2.5Mx2Y)
-Erik Brannstrom (1Mx1Y)
-2024 OTT 4th Round Pick

OUT:
-Alexis Lafreniere (2.325Mx2Y)
-Brayden Schneider (925kx1Y)
-2026 3rd Round Pick or 2027 2nd Round Pick (PHI's choice)

Schneider doesn't look like he is going to make the jump to being an impact defenseman. I can't imagine he has a ton of trade value right now. The purpose of the Brannstrom/Schneider swap is to get Ottawa an additional 1M in cap space while bringing in a comparable young D.

Rangers give up the future 2nd because Pinto>Lafreniere in terms of value. That 2nd goes to Philadelphia to compensate them for taking Kubalik and retaining on Brannstrom. The Rangers need retention on Brannstrom to fit the Pinto extension in.

Kubalik is redundant with Lafreniere coming in, and Ottawa needs to fix their cap situation before their big road trip. If they are going to trade Pinto for a worse player, at least they can bring in a big name that will get the hometown fans of the Senateurs D'Gatineau tres excited.
I think Rangers would hang up phone.

2CHAINZ

Feb 27, 2008
I don't know about you guys, but I personally cannot wait for Pierre's proudest day, vol. 2.

scout20

Jul 21, 2022
It is possible that Dorion is negotiating through the media, but if they are going to trade him, they would want it to leak out before hand in order to prime the fanbase.

If you're Pinto's agent, you would probably welcome a trade to somewhere like Philadelphia. In Ottawa, all the money is spoken for. Teams can only have so many players signed at 7 or 8 million. They already have a handful, they also have Chychrun who will get bumped up to 8M+ in 2025.

On top of that, Norris will box Pinto into a Pageau-like role of being an elite matchup C who can provide 20 goals and 50 points.

From the POV of the Senators, if it was this difficult to sign Pinto as a 10.2(c) RFA with 1 pro season, how difficult is it going to be after a 2 year bridge deal?

I think trading him is a mistake, but if someone has put a great young player on the table, or a fantastic return package, I can see why it might be enticing to move on. The thing is, if they do move him, they have to get at least 1 sure thing. It can't be a bunch of prospects and picks. There has to be a comparable young player.
something around Shane Pinto for Dawson Mercer...

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
something around Shane Pinto for Dawson Mercer...
Not sure anyone is trading mercer can we even fit an ELC onto the roster?

If we are trading pinto we aren’t taking money back. Or else we will have to trade someone to fit that money in

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad