Proposal: Free agency edition Trade Rumours/Proposals [MOD - Stay on Topic] 5

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

ottawagm

May 6, 2023
If Formenton is cleared... what could Pinto + Formenton + 1st get us?

Would be looking for someone like:

David Jiricek, David Reinbacher, Brandt Clarke, Simon Nemec etc

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
If Formenton is cleared... what could Pinto + Formenton + 1st get us?

Would be looking for someone like:

David Jiricek, David Reinbacher, Brandt Clarke, Simon Nemec etc
can we sign and play our good players maybe?

our goal is to the win the cup after all

Reactions: Cosmix

ottawagm

May 6, 2023

I'd take Formenton back if he's cleared, but not sure if the organization feels the same way. Pinto would be contingent on him not wanting to sign or requesting a trade.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
If they have to trade Pinto because they think that contract talks might get toxic, and they don't want to trade him from a position of weakness after he requests a trade, then they need to get a known quantity. Pinto himself would probably go top 10 in a re-draft, so what's the upside in getting a 1st for him? The odds of the 1st producing a better prospect/young NHLer are low.

The previous examples in this thread like Shane Wright and Alexis Lafreniere make sense to me, because they are top prospects with question marks, so it might make sense that Seattle or New York would trade them for Pinto. On paper, I would take Pinto over either of those two.

If this was a situation like Chicago 10 years ago where there was no avenue for us to make the cap to fit in a young star after their ELC, and we HAVE to trade him for the best offer, then maybe a 1st would be the best we would expect. We wouldn't be trading from that kind of position of weakness unless he publicly asked for a trade and it became even more of a distraction.
I don't think the situation changes much if Pinto asks for a trade. We do not have to trade Pinto in a short period of time; we could wait until the TDL or next summer. Pinto's value depends on what other teams are willing to pay for him, based on his performance so far and projections of future performance. Personally I would like to retain Pinto and would be willing to trade Kubalik for a pick or ELC prospect with a 2-way contract in order to open up cap space to sign Pinto.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa

Dorion only wants to "play meaningful games during the season", and no commitment to anything this season. Andlauer wants to be "best in class". I am waiting for some actions from Andlauer and Staios to make the team become "best in class".

• Haha
Reactions: AchtzehnBaby

Blotto71

Okay, maybe the worst is behind us...?
May 12, 2013
Over There
Formenton should not be traded until we know what is to come

he is a solid NHLer

I don't disagree that Formenton is a solid NHLer. But we can reasonably guess at what's coming, and if that should come to pass he won't play again in Ottawa (other than as a visitor).

Bileur

Jun 15, 2004
Ottawa
Dorion only wants to "play meaningful games during the season", and no commitment to anything this season. Andlauer wants to be "best in class". I am waiting for some actions from Andlauer and Staios to make the team become "best in class".

They definitely seem to be taking steps in the right direction in terms of treatment of alumni and players

Reactions: Cosmix and DrEasy

frightenedinmatenum2

Sep 30, 2023
Orange County Prison
Dorion's going to try and out best-friend Staios by going out and trading Pinto for Lafreniere so that Andlauer can have his highly marketable Francophone superstar third liner.

They definitely seem to be taking steps in the right direction in terms of treatment of alumni and players

They seem to just be doing normal things that every other sporting organization on the planet seems to do, but they didn't do before for some reason (I can't figure out why).

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
I'd take Formenton back if he's cleared, but not sure if the organization feels the same way. Pinto would be contingent on him not wanting to sign or requesting a trade.
Is formenton going to play for a league minimum

BUCKLE UP

MVPTP
Nov 30, 2009
Ottawa
I disrespected Kelly all off season and I'll eat crow for it. But now Kastelic shall get my hate. He was supposed to be our poor mans Nick Paul (reliable, defensive 4th liner, who's strong on the puck and throws the body) He's been useless.

Dionysus

Oct 7, 2007
Around the bend
I disrespected Kelly all off season and I'll eat crow for it. But now Kastelic shall get my hate. He was supposed to be our poor mans Nick Paul (reliable, defensive 4th liner, who's strong on the puck and throws the body) He's been useless.

Surprisingly weak on his skates this season for a big strong guy. Liked his game last year, but may have been standing out in a real weak bottom 6.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
He's been very good in the faceoff circle, but I would like to see a little more out of him, more hitting & maybe he should have been the one fighting today instead of Brady.

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
Surprised no one talking about this:

Went back and watched the Garrioch segment in case that was out of context, but no he definitely gave the impression that Pinto could be on the move.

Reactions: DrEasy

frightenedinmatenum2

Sep 30, 2023
Orange County Prison
Surprised no one talking about this:

Went back and watched the Garrioch segment in case that was out of context, but no he definitely gave the impression that Pinto could be on the move.

That is also the impression I got from the segment, or at least the logical deduction. The only resolution it could be other than a signing would be a trade, or Pinto signing overseas (which isn't going to happen).

Freidman's comment during the week was pretty cryptic as well. He didn't say "I think they sign Pinto in a few days", he said something like "I think we see a resolution in the next few days".

It make me wonder if maybe Dorion gave teams the go-ahead to make him a formal offer because he is now open to trading Pinto and wants to resolve this by x date.

Perhaps a team puts someone on the table who the Senators really like, and with Greig's play they are willing to now do a trade.

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
That is also the impression I got from the segment, or at least the logical deduction. The only resolution it could be other than a signing would be a trade, or Pinto signing overseas (which isn't going to happen).

Freidman's comment during the week was pretty cryptic as well. He didn't say "I think they sign Pinto in a few days", he said something like "I think we see a resolution in the next few days".

It make me wonder if maybe Dorion gave teams the go-ahead to make him a formal offer because he is now open to trading Pinto and wants to resolve this by x date.

Perhaps a team puts someone on the table who the Senators really like, and with Greig's play they are willing to now do a trade.

I wouldn't have thought trading Pinto was ever going to be on the table, but with Greig exceeding expectations playing center, maybe things have changed.

The only move that would make some sense to me would be swapping Pinto for a similar quality young forward that is still on an ELC. Examples such as:

NSH: Tomasino
CBJ: Sillinger
CHI: Reichel
ARZ: Guenther
SEA: Wright

Ouroboros

There is no armour against Fate
Feb 3, 2008
The only logical interpretation of what Garrioch said at the intermission is that Pinto is going to be traded, and that it's probably fairly close to going down. I'm wondering if perhaps when Pinto left Ottawa to go back home, he also made a formal trade request at the same time? That's my latest Sens-piracy theory, at least.

Lot of unusual and cryptic language surrounding this situation, but it really doesn't sound like this will be resolved with Pinto remaining a Senator.

Pierre from Orleans

May 9, 2007
I wouldn't have thought trading Pinto was ever going to be on the table, but with Greig exceeding expectations playing center, maybe things have changed.

The only move that would make some sense to me would be swapping Pinto for a similar quality young forward that is still on an ELC. Examples such as:

NSH: Tomasino
CBJ: Sillinger
CHI: Reichel
ARZ: Guenther
SEA: Wright
Would love Reichel

Qward

Because! That's why!
Jul 23, 2010
Behind you, look out
Hear me out.

To Chicago
Korpisalo
Pinto
Formenton

To Ottawa
Reichel
Mrazek

To NYR
Kobalik
1st (the later of the two)

To Ottawa
Lafreniere

Tkachuk/Stutzle/Giroux
Laf/Norris/Taresenko
Reichel/Grieg/Bath
Joseph/Kelly/Kostolic

Chabot/Chych
Sanderson/Zub
Brannstrom/Hamonic

Forsberg
Mrazek

Gives 1.062M in cap space for injuries and call ups.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad