Proposal: Free agency edition Trade Rumours/Proposals [MOD - Stay on Topic] 5

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Jan 19, 2006
Calgary
if Pinto demands a trade: Shane Pinto for Shane Wright. The Sens get a young centre who can play in the AHL this year freeing up cap space. Wright has lots of upside shoots right should eventually be able to replace Pinto's 20-30 goals. Pinto seems to be a Ron Francis type player a two way centre with size.
Trade Pinto to Boston for a future 1st. Hope that they finally regress and we get another lottery pick.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
I don't think losing Kubalik will hurt that much. It brings Pinto in, and we have depth at forward (young players, etc.). It sure doesn't look like it's a desperate necessity at this point though. I'd wonder if that would weigh on Pinto (versus his agent). Kind of sad that we pissed away 7th overall but I guess that's water under the bridge now.
It’s part of Dorion’s record.

Reactions: Senator Stanley

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
if Pinto demands a trade: Shane Pinto for Shane Wright. The Sens get a young centre who can play in the AHL this year freeing up cap space. Wright has lots of upside shoots right should eventually be able to replace Pinto's 20-30 goals. Pinto seems to be a Ron Francis type player a two way centre with size.

No thanks

frightenedinmatenum2

Sep 30, 2023
Orange County Prison
I don't think losing Kubalik will hurt that much. It brings Pinto in, and we have depth at forward (young players, etc.). It sure doesn't look like it's a desperate necessity at this point though. I'd wonder if that would weigh on Pinto (versus his agent). Kind of sad that we pissed away 7th overall but I guess that's water under the bridge now.

Given his role on the team, I don't think losing Kubalik is a big deal in the context of Kubalik out and Pinto in. Obviously, they aren't swapping spots, but we're a better team with Pinto.

frightenedinmatenum2

Sep 30, 2023
Orange County Prison
Trade Pinto to Boston for a future 1st. Hope that they finally regress and we get another lottery pick.

If they have to trade Pinto because they think that contract talks might get toxic, and they don't want to trade him from a position of weakness after he requests a trade, then they need to get a known quantity. Pinto himself would probably go top 10 in a re-draft, so what's the upside in getting a 1st for him? The odds of the 1st producing a better prospect/young NHLer are low.

The previous examples in this thread like Shane Wright and Alexis Lafreniere make sense to me, because they are top prospects with question marks, so it might make sense that Seattle or New York would trade them for Pinto. On paper, I would take Pinto over either of those two.

If this was a situation like Chicago 10 years ago where there was no avenue for us to make the cap to fit in a young star after their ELC, and we HAVE to trade him for the best offer, then maybe a 1st would be the best we would expect. We wouldn't be trading from that kind of position of weakness unless he publicly asked for a trade and it became even more of a distraction.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Even if Pinto signs tomorrow, I would keep Greig in the lineup in the short term.

It has only been one game for Norris. He may have his ups and downs since he has played so little in the last two years. Pinto also will need time to get up to speed.

Even if Greig is stuck on the 4th line, it would be ideal to have someone who can shift up to either of the middle 2 lines on C or W in a scenario where Norris or Pinto aren't playing well.

Greig has shown chemistry with Tarasenko, so I would hesitate to separate the two.

Also, if we sign Pinto that means Kubalik might be gone. That could open up a spot for Greig to move to the wing with the Norris/Batherson pairing. Although, I think Joseph could also be a good fit there because it gives them someone fast to be a retrieval guy and disrupt things on the forechek. Batherson is big and aggressive on the forechek, but he is slow.
Grieg isn't going anywhere with or without Pinto. He's such a good player. Plays hard both ways.

No they need Pinto. This cap crunch is only for 1 year. If you want to see this team win a cup its not gonna happen this year. He will be an integral piece.

The Devilish Buffoon

Dec 24, 2018
3-way deal proposal:

To Pittsburgh: Kubalik (50% ret. by Philly)

To Ottawa: POJ, W. Allison

To Philly: PIT 3rd 2026, OTT choice of 4th 2024, L. Thomson

dumbdick

Galactic Defender
May 31, 2008
At this point, I'd be happy to just waive kubalik and move on. Joseph looks like he belongs here.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
I wouldn't touch it

Reactions: Cosmix

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
What do you think it would cost? I feel like a 3rd, 4th, and a swapping Allison for Thomson is decent value for $1.25m in cap. Maybe a little added just because it’s Philly/Pittsburgh?
Briere seems like a prick GM who just asks for the world in every trade and never gets it. So to get him to do anything is going to take something more. I don’t know what it would cost. But something we likely are not willing to give.

Blotto71

Okay, maybe the worst is behind us...?
May 12, 2013
Over There
Heard on the radio yesterday that there were teams that would jump at the opportunity to aquire Formenton (Sportsnet, Kypreos...grain of salt).

Is there an opportunity to package him with Kubalik for a decent draft pick(s)?

As good as Kubalik - Norris - Batherson looked, I don't think putting Pinto on Norris's wing would be a bad thing.

Reactions: Nova Stutzlia

The Devilish Buffoon

Dec 24, 2018
Briere seems like a prick GM who just asks for the world in every trade and never gets it. So to get him to do anything is going to take something more. I don’t know what it would cost. But something we likely are not willing to give.
You could be right. Never understand that approach, especially on little deals. People tend to give wiggle room to people who give them wiggle room, especially if they are peers.

Love the Lassi throw in. Safe to say he holds zero trade value at this point.
He holds more value now that he’s in the minors, but he is very much a throw in. I do think he could probably return a 5th-7th rounder, though, from some team who thinks he could challenge for a spot next fall.

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
Heard on the radio yesterday that there were teams that would jump at the opportunity to aquire Formenton (Sportsnet, Kypreos...grain of salt).

Is there an opportunity to package him with Kubalik for a decent draft pick(s)?

As good as Kubalik - Norris - Batherson looked, I don't think putting Pinto on Norris's wing would be a bad thing.
Formenton should not be traded until we know what is to come

he is a solid NHLer

Reactions: Cosmix

Senator Stanley

Dec 11, 2003
Visit site
Jiricek is too good.

The name I threw out on the main board was Jimmy Snuggerud. The thought being there's an organizational need for a future top 6 winger, with Tarasenko being a UFA, Giroux getting older, and not much skill in the system. Snuggerud costs us nothing against the cap this year and is trending towards being in the NHL next season. Assuming he signs at the end of this season, he'd be an ELC for two years.

Not that he's the authority, but on Pronman's most recent U23 rankings, he had Pinto at 46th, but on the same tier as Reichel at 58th and Snuggerud at 78th. FWIW Jiricek is 20th, Bonk is 102nd

Last edited:
Reactions: GoMyTeam and Cosmix

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad