Proposal: Free agency edition Trade Rumours/Proposals [MOD - Stay on Topic] 5

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Alex1234

Oct 14, 2014
I agree, I don't think Chych was a wise decision with the makeup of the team (though for a player like him the amount we gave up wasn't a huge price, if a team needed a top 4 LD that's a great trade, the Sens not so much), but the Hronek trade was one that other GM's never had the chance of knowing he was even available. Rutherford called about Hronek 2 years ago, and last year Yzerman called and told Rutherford if you give up your 1st, he's yours, we won't shop him or let other teams know he's available.

Frank mentioned the Canucks’ acquisition of defenceman Filip Hronek last season – a trade that came as a surprise to many.

“About 18 months prior to the trade, Jim Rutherford called and asked if he was available – the answer was no. Fast forward to last year, Steve Yzerman called and said, ‘Here’s what we want–’ and outlined the package. He said, ‘If you say yes today, that will be that, I won’t offer him to anyone else, and his name won’t be out there at all,’ and Jim Rutherford said, essentially, ‘Give me an hour, and I’ll call you back.’ An hour later, he called him back, and boom, the deal was done
What about Marino etc
We have needed a RHD for a long time
Knowing Dorion he probably inquired only on Chychrun🤡

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
It can't be worse than the "net loss with regards to what we gave up" for DeBrincat.
Yeah that was a very bad run of moves, they've essentially thrown away their past 3 top 12 1st round picks, there is nowhere to go but up with regards to sunk costs

Get a futures package and use those to trade for a guy at the draft, use their own 1st wisely, and they are sitting pretty compared to what we have become used to

Reactions: DrEasy and Alex1234

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
21 scouts on hand to see Chychrun have the worst game of his career. Unreal stuff. Well played by him if he doesnt want to get traded.

They really have to deal him no matter what, he clearly isnt in the future plans his value is way higher now than in the summer. Dont want another Debrincat situation.

When are the trades gonna start here. No one is moving its very strange, its really on Calgary I guess. Once they get the ball rolling everyone should start to move.

Last edited:

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
People dumping on CHychrun but its so hard playing with Hamonic

been saying it for years. Branny finally got away from him

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
People dumping on CHychrun but its so hard playing with Hamonic

been saying it for years. Branny finally got away from him
I dont know how you watch that game and dont critisize Chychrun. He didnt skate back when he got caught pinching on a 2 on 1. Was insane to see, I see guys in beer league back check harder. I actually cant wrap my head around it at this level.

Sure Hamonic was bad but they were both individually horrid.

Agent Zuuuub

Jan 2, 2015

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
Korpisalo and a 2nd for Gibson

Allocate 5-6.5M to RD, Pesce, Tanev, Roy, etc…

Buyout Hamonic

Let Branny walk

Pick up a vet LD at sub 1.2 who can be sent down if Klevin is ready

Offer Tank a 2-3 x 4M deal if not pick up a vet like Joshua etc

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Korpisalo and a 2nd for Gibson

Allocate 5-6.5M to RD, Pesce, Tanev, Roy, etc…

Buyout Hamonic

Let Branny walk

Pick up a vet LD at sub 1.2 who can be sent down if Klevin is ready

Offer Tank a 2-3 x 4M deal if not pick up a vet like Joshua etc
Is chychrun gone for picks?

Gibson got a lot of years left at lots of cash.

I would buy out korpisalo and moneyball a cheap goalie.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
Sunk cost should be Dorions middle name
And first and last

21 scouts on hand to see Chychrun have the worst game of his career. Unreal stuff. Well played by him if he doesnt want to get traded.

They really have to deal him no matter what, he clearly isnt in the future plans his value is way higher now than in the summer. Dont want another Debrincat situation.

When are the trades gonna start here. No one is moving its very strange, its really on Calgary I guess. Once they get the ball rolling everyone should start to move.
Crazy eh? Wonder how many teams changed their minds after that.

Alex1234

Oct 14, 2014
I keep forgetting we need to forfeit a 1st round pick :laugh:
He had to torpedo this team one more time before leaving
Remember when we were laughing at him for giving 2nd rounder left and right for the Stepans of this world?
Little we knew he would do the same with 1st rounder years later lol

Reactions: DrEasy

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Is chychrun gone for picks?

Gibson got a lot of years left at lots of cash.

I would buy out korpisalo and moneyball a cheap goalie.
I'd benn advocating that since before we got Talbot, but with every year it becomes more risky as expectations for the season increases

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
He had to torpedo this team one more time before leaving
Remember when we were laughing at him for giving 2nd rounder left and right for the Stepans of this world?
Little we knew he would do the same with 1st rounder years later lol
What's worse, the loss of the 1st round pick, sticking with DJ, or leaving us with Korpisalo's contract?

Quite the exit he had.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
What's worse, the loss of the 1st round pick, sticking with DJ, or leaving us with Korpisalo's contract?

Quite the exit he had.
4 more years of Korpisalo is a doozy, we probably have to give up more than a first to get rid of that contract.

Sticking with DJ could have been corrected earlier if we wanted to, Staois owns at least part of the 26 games of that,

Loach

Jun 9, 2021

Quite the exit he had.
Add in Hamonic, Kubalik, what to do with Chychrun. Not as worse things, just a couple little bonuses. And this is only recently! It's insane. That first round pick is 3 years away. It'll take that long to fix everything. I just laugh now. We desperatly need a book.

Reactions: BonHoonLayneCornell

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Trade deadline is always a captivating time of year. Sens have some doozies.

Dorion was a piece of work. Can't believe the love and appreciation some here gave him and the way posters were admonished for pointing out his ineptness; He was terrible and out of his depth from the get go. Make a trade . Brag about it. Buy him out.

icegif-1075[1].gif

Last edited:

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
4 more years of Korpisalo is a doozy, we probably have to give up more than a first to get rid of that contract.

Sticking with DJ could have been corrected earlier if we wanted to, Staois owns at least part of the 26 games of that,
My vote as well goes to Korpisalo's deal for the reason you mention. Either a very heavy cost to go away or a less than ideal buyout.

And agreed on DJ. Clearly, change should have happened sooner and they both made that mistake. With Dorion though, I would say there was a wider window of multiple opportunities where it could/should have happened (either this last summer or the one before).
Add in Hamonic, Kubalik, what to do with Chychrun. Not as worse things, just a couple little bonuses. And this is only recently! It's insane. That first round pick is 3 years away. It'll take that long to fix everything. I just laugh now. We desperatly need a book.
Well, we could go on forever, but those lists have been made. I just find it funny. He starts off by trading up for a bust #1 center in Logan Brown and then trades Zbad + for Brassard. Then his exit included the 3 things I mentioned. Quite the hello and goodbye.

Reactions: Loach

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Norris & Korpisalo to Nashville for Saros
Chychrun for picks
Re-sign Tarsenko
UFA Pesce
$5 million to figure out 2/3 line LW

- Nashville : too much salary (12 M$) going to them. They'd probably be very interested in Norris but Korpi is a big downgrade and carries too much term/salary. You'd need to add Boston 1st and/or retain half salary on Korpisalo

- Trade Tarasenko at the deadline, important to start restocking what Dorion wasted for years : assets. If he wants to come back in the summer, ask him how much he wants and how long. If it fits, have an agreement in principle. He waited a long time to sign in Ottawa last summer so he should work if both parties want it to happen

- Agree, Chychrun for futures or young players... I would consider trading him for 1 or 2 established NHL players if it fits.

- Pesce is doubtful to be available but now that'd be a homerun

Reactions: Wondercarrot

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad