Proposal: Free agency edition Trade Rumours/Proposals [MOD - Stay on Topic] 5

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013

Look Ma No Legs

3[1].gif

Reactions: guyzeur

guyzeur

Mar 25, 2009
Ottawa
I can guarantee you Brannstrom will be on the way out.

He's a less effective Girard and we've seen how Girard was absolutely bullied in the playoffs and even a detriment to their success. Unsurprising they win the cup the year he got injured in playoffs and looked poorly at that.

You just don't win in playoffs with likes of Brannstrom and a 4th line guy bullying him off the puck in the playoffs.
He has negative value and GMs don't want him unless is for a 5th-7th round pick or a cap dump.
Now I'm just waiting to be complimented as a hater.

Senator Stanley

Dec 11, 2003
Visit site
One thing to consider, Brannstrom historically has gotten pretty sheltered deployment, both in terms of zone starts and competition. JBD has tended to get more neutral deployment.

Players don't get to choose their deployment, they can only make the best of what they are given, but I want someone the coach isn't worried about who they are going out against for my bottom pair. Now, maybe Brannstrom's usage is the coach trying to take advantage of Brannstrom's offense rather than worried about sheltering him,

Don't forget who he's been paired with. Maybe the concern - at least as Brannstrom has developed and others have regressed - is less Brannstrom, and more sheltering guys like Holden and Hamonic.

I don't think it's a coincidence that he looks better when he gets an opportunity to play with guys like Zub, Chabot or Chychrun.

armani

High Jacques
Apr 8, 2005
Uranus
We are trading Brady now? Think that was tongue in cheek respond to fans by a former player who has no idea. Semi trolling Sens fan on the internet. Or it's just Whitney's dinner from last night.

Last edited:

Agent Zuuuub

Jan 2, 2015
of the 14 d combinations we've seen this year, this is the best 6. brannstrom is part of 3/6 best pairs.

Screenshot 2024-02-26 095734.png

he also is only mentioned once from the worst 7-14 pairs and that's when he is saddled with Travis Hamonic, who is not an NHLer anymore and drags everyone with him down.

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
of the 14 d combinations we've seen this year, this is the best 6. brannstrom is part of 3/6 best pairs.

View attachment 825508

he also is only mentioned once from the worst 7-14 pairs and that's when he is saddled with Travis Hamonic, who is not an NHLer anymore and drags everyone with him down.
Looking into expected goals against per 60, high danger chances against per 60 Hamonic is the worst followed by Brannstrom

Agent Zuuuub

Jan 2, 2015
Looking into expected goals against per 60, high danger chances against per 60 Hamonic is the worst followed by Brannstrom

maybe because Brannstrom most common linemate is Hamonic? who do you think is dragging down who?

btw the worst pairing we've had by those metrics this year is Sanderson-Hamonic, and it's not even close.

Hamonics best finish on the list is actually when he is with Brannstrom.

Basically every D-man plays better when they are paired with Brannstrom.

this is all easy to see if you value team play and hockey iq.

like there is a reason Brannstrom shows up so favourably in these lists.

frightenedinmatenum2

Sep 30, 2023
Orange County Prison

View attachment 825508

Do those account for deployment or quality of competition? Is it possible that there is confirmation bias because players like Sanderson, Zub, Chabot, and Chychrun are good at hockey and when they are paired with Brannstrom it is typically for deployment that is out of the norm for them? For example, Sanderson or Zub paired with Brannstrom an o-zone faceoff against soft competiton?

Agent Zuuuub

Jan 2, 2015
Do those account for deployment or quality of competition? Is it possible that there is confirmation bias because players like Sanderson, Zub, Chabot, and Chychrun are good at hockey and when they are paired with Brannstrom it is typically for deployment that is out of the norm for them? For example, Sanderson or Zub paired with Brannstrom an o-zone faceoff against soft competiton?

sure deployment changes some things there are a lot of factors.

but it's not like we are using those players as the 3rd pair when Brannstrom plays with them. those pairs were usually because of injuries and Brannstrom being asked to step up in the top 4.

which he has done multiple times over the last 3 years successfully. so the sample size is there.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Brannstrom hasn't been asked to step into top 4 ice time this year, outside of a game or two. Nothing meaningful whatsoever

He gets put into top 4 in the lineup, doesn't get played as one

Agent Zuuuub

Jan 2, 2015
Brannstrom hasn't been asked to step into top 4 ice time this year, outside of a game or two. Nothing meaningful whatsoever

He gets put into top 4 in the lineup, doesn't get played as one

When he played with Zub he was top 4 same as previous years, when he played with Chychrun it was because we had 1A, 2A, 2B pairs. Not like Chychrun-Brannstrom were being sheltered.

Chabot and Brannstrom played for 45 minutes together and they weren't included in the original list since the cut off was 60 minutes. But Chabot and Brannstrom have an expected goals of 58% which would rank 4th best of all pairs this year.

Brannstrom plays well with everyone, when he is on the ice the team plays well.

frightenedinmatenum2

Sep 30, 2023
Orange County Prison
Brady won’t be dealt unless he asks for a trade. Not happening

They are not going to trade him for the sake of trading him, that would be ridiculous.

If they move him next summer, it will be because he asked for a trade and used his impending NMC as leverage to get one.

People ask, why is a NMC leverage? Because, teams generally cannot keep unhappy superstars long-term without it being a distraction and a shit-show. They won't want to put themselves in a position of having to trade him after his NMC kicks in. There would be no way to get anything close to top value.

It's Ray Whitney, not Elliotte Friedman. It's not even David Pagnotta. It isn't a credible rumor. With that said, it isn't an unbelievable rumor on paper. If he said something like, they would trade Sanderson, I'd say zero chance it makes no sense because there is nothing incentivizing the Senators to trade Sanderson. With Brady, the risk of keeping him beyond his NMC and having him ask out at that time is incentive to move him for top value sooner.

Brady getting traded at the upcoming trade deadline would be shocking, but next off season if they miss the playoffs again it makes perfect sense. A star players who have been on a team for their entire prime typically ask out of situations like the one in Ottawa, and Brady's upcoming NMC gives him leverage to request a trade or at the very least passive aggressively let them know he is open to one if it suits their direction.

If he gets traded at the deadline, either he asked for a trade or they have very good reason to believe that he is unhappy and at high risk of wanting out within the next year. They decided not to risk losing value and to sell high.

I certainly don't hope he is traded, but I think short of us putting it all together next year and finally becoming a strong team (which I don't think is likely at this point), he's gone in June 2025. It doesn't make sense for him to want to stay, and it doesn't make sense for the team to risk keeping him beyond his NMC, because they would lose all leverage in trade talks.

DJB

Jan 6, 2009
twitter.com
They are not going to trade him for the sake of trading him, that would be ridiculous.

If they move him next summer, it will be because he asked for a trade and used his impending NMC as leverage to get one.

People ask, why is a NMC leverage? Because, teams generally cannot keep unhappy superstars long-term without it being a distraction and a shit-show. They won't want to put themselves in a position of having to trade him after his NMC kicks in. There would be no way to get anything close to top value.

It's Ray Whitney, not Elliotte Friedman. It's not even David Pagnotta. It isn't a credible rumor. With that said, it isn't an unbelievable rumor on paper. If he said something like, they would trade Sanderson, I'd say zero chance it makes no sense because there is nothing incentivizing the Senators to trade Sanderson. With Brady, the risk of keeping him beyond his NMC and having him ask out at that time is incentive to move him for top value sooner.

Brady getting traded at the upcoming trade deadline would be shocking, but next off season if they miss the playoffs again it makes perfect sense. A star players who have been on a team for their entire prime typically ask out of situations like the one in Ottawa, and Brady's upcoming NMC gives him leverage to request a trade or at the very least passive aggressively let them know he is open to one if it suits their direction.

If he gets traded at the deadline, either he asked for a trade or they have very good reason to believe that he is unhappy and at high risk of wanting out within the next year. They decided not to risk losing value and to sell high.

I certainly don't hope he is traded, but I think short of us putting it all together next year and finally becoming a strong team (which I don't think is likely at this point), he's gone in June 2025. It doesn't make sense for him to want to stay, and it doesn't make sense for the team to risk keeping him beyond his NMC, because they would lose all leverage in trade talks.

Melnyk and Dorion are gone so going with how things have run in the past with our stars is moot.

I firmly believe he is here is stay barring something unprecedented

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013

Just seems like a very strange way of doing business. Sign guys long terms with NMCs that kick in and always trade them before the NmC kicks in.

If we were managing non human assets this would make sense lol but these kids aren’t stocks.

frightenedinmatenum2

Sep 30, 2023
Orange County Prison
Just seems like a very strange way of doing business. Sign guys long terms with NMCs that kick in and always trade them before the NmC kicks in.

If we were managing non human assets this would make sense lol but these kids aren’t stocks.

Teams don't trade players just because the NMC is kicking in.

Teams trade players before the NMC kicks in when there is already a reason brewing to trade them. The NMC expedites the trade, because they lose all leverage the moment it kicks in.

Next year will be Brady's 7th season without any playoffs. The message was that our rebuild was supposed to be over in 2021. We made no real progress in the standings since then (stuck in that bottom 10 wheel house for years). The players apparently asked for stability and no more chaos, but all we have had this year is chaos with the GM gone, Pinto's gambling, and Brady Tkachuk's good personal buddy DJ Smith canned. I think it was needed change, but that's not the point, I suspect it is the chaos the players were rumored not to want.

It is not at all crazy to think he could be open to a trade, which is polite terms for get me the f*** out of here - and that his NMC will be the provided incentive for Staios to move him while his leverage is at its peak.

If I were randomly to say something like, I bet Sanderson asks for a trade! That would be outlandish because there is no reasonable situation that would lead to that. Brady wanting out after 6-7 years of losing and chaos and his NMC acting as a leverage point is a sad but reasonable prediction.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013

Teams trade players before the NMC kicks in when there is already a reason brewing to trade them. The NMC expedites the trade, because they lose all leverage the moment it kicks in.

Next year will be Brady's 7th season without any playoffs. The message was that our rebuild was supposed to be over in 2021. We made no real progress in the standings since then (stuck in that bottom 10 wheel house for years). The players apparently asked for stability and no more chaos, but all we have had this year is chaos with the GM gone, Pinto's gambling, and Brady Tkachuk's good personal buddy DJ Smith canned. I think it was needed change, but that's not the point, I suspect it is the chaos the players were rumored not to want.

It is not at all crazy to think he could be open to a trade, which is polite terms for get me the f*** out of here - and that his NMC will be the provided incentive for Staios to move him while his leverage is at its peak.

If I were randomly to say something like, I bet Sanderson asks for a trade! That would be outlandish because there is no reasonable situation that would lead to that. Brady wanting out after 6-7 years of losing and chaos and his NMC acting as a leverage point is a sad but reasonable prediction.
Every player is open to a trade.

It’s not really a reasonable prediction tho. It’s a prediction and a pessimistic one.

Pierre from Orleans

May 9, 2007
I was just talking to one of the cashiers at one of concessions at the CTC. She overheard a custodian saying that he overheard one of the equipment staff say that Tim Stutzle isn't happy with the medical tape job the medical staff puts on the back of his neck and that management maybe might move him.

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
One thing to consider, Brannstrom historically has gotten pretty sheltered deployment, both in terms of zone starts and competition. JBD has tended to get more neutral deployment.

Players don't get to choose their deployment, they can only make the best of what they are given, but I want someone the coach isn't worried about who they are going out against for my bottom pair. Now, maybe Brannstrom's usage is the coach trying to take advantage of Brannstrom's offense rather than worried about sheltering him,

Yeah Branny's been really sheltered playing mostly with Hamonic his entire career here lmao.

Also, every single time he's been asked to move into the top-4 because of injuries, and having no "shelter" whatsoever, he's flourished

Get outta here with this bullshit.

Dionysus

Oct 7, 2007
Around the bend

That's a nice story. Making a lot of conclusions off of little to no data. Anybody could be traded.

No actual pressure points or compelling reasons that Brady will be at this time, or into the foreseeable future.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Yeah Branny's been really sheltered playing mostly with Hamonic his entire career here lmao.

Also, every single time he's been asked to move into the top-4 because of injuries, and having no "shelter" whatsoever, he's flourished

Get outta here with this bullshit.
Sheltered in terms of his Quality of competition and his zone starts, that's indisputable.

Like I said, he can't control his deployment, but it's clear the coaches don't like using him in more defensive oriented deployment when they can avoid it.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Maybe chychrun isn’t with chabot because they don’t trust Branny jbd pair.

Maybe they go kleven tanev third pair next year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad