Proposal: Free agency edition Trade Rumours/Proposals [MOD - Stay on Topic] 5

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Senovision

May 23, 2011
Kubalik has 1 goal in his last 19 games. On most nights I have to check the stats sheet after to see if he even played. I could see how some team might want him if they get an injury between now and the trade deadline or if they want a depth forward.
In 9 playoff games with the Chicago Blackhawks in the 2019-20 season he got 4 goals and 4 assists for 8 points.

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
We need to add 2 D this offseason

Sanderson - Zub
Chabot - New RD
Cheap LD on a 1 year - JBD
Guenette

Let Klevin prove it at camp

Reactions: PlayOn and gab6511

Sentron5000

Mar 24, 2010
Moneyball a goalie.

If tarasenko wants to come back let him on a good deal. Don’t you cb the center depth.

Kubalik and brannstrom and hamonic gone.

Two RDs in. Jbd gone too for a pick.

Get rid of korpisalo any way possible.

Question for cap guys.

We’re right at the cap at the moment. Don’t we HAVE to get rid of money to simply fit Sanderson raise?
Nope. Have 13.5 million in cap space next year with 16 players already signed, including Sanderson. For more info, use CapFriendly.

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
I’d trade Chychrun, not QO Brannstrom and buyout Hamonic.

Whatever comes back in a Chychrun trade is not relevant
Well I think the Chychrun Chabot situation is the biggest dilemma in front of the team right now. But it really doesn't need to be solved right now either. I just don't think that we can sign Chychrun to a new deal and commit that much cap space to LHD. So what they do about that and when is the biggest thing in front of Staois right now.

Reactions: NB613

The Devilish Buffoon

Dec 24, 2018
How are making the cap work to fit in the extra 2.5M ?
Good point, but that could be worked out one way or another.

Maybe we send em' Kubalik, too, or get a 3rd team to retain, or reduce the retention. So long as we agree on the framework, I'm sure we can get something done.
Seeler + Walker package pls
I was literally coming to post the same thing.

Chychrun for Walker (ext 5yrs @ $4.5m), Seeler (ext. 2yrs @ 3m), one of their mid-range prospects like Barkley, Knuble, or Caplan, and maybe a 2nd. Get 'er done.

Reactions: BigRig4

frightenedinmatenum2

Sep 30, 2023
Orange County Prison
NYR need a center. They have cap space both short and long-term because of Chytil's LTIR. It looks like Chytil's career might be over so they need a long-term option.

I wonder if that puts them in for Norris. I can imagine that the new ownership would love to bring in Lafreniere with the marketing value he would bring to the Senateurs Gatineau-Ottawa Senators.

Something around Norris+Forsberg+Tarasenko (75 percent retained) (11.95M) for Goodrow+Lafreniere+Kakko (8.06M), with the Rangers adding picks+prospects to compensate Ottawa for Goodrow's contract being so bad.

The Rangers have 4.4M in cap. They increase their cap by 3.89M. Someone would have to send a 4th round pick to a third party to retain a second time on Tarasenko.

Taking Forsberg offsets some of Goodrow's bad money (not much). You can also take Tarasenko+Kakko out of the trade, but then Ottawa needs to retain on Forsberg or not include him at all.

The other alternative is that you could take Forsberg+Tarasenko+Kakko out of the trade entirely, and the Rangers could retain a bit on Goodrow.

I would say Norris and Lafreniere should have similar value because Norris has had his injuries and struggles, and Lafreniere has failed to show any high end offense for sustained periods of time. I would give the edge to Norris because of his position being more valuable, although Lafreniere could mean a lot to this marketplace given that he is one of the most popular French Canadien superstars to come into the league in a long time.

The contract of Goodrow is very bad, so there would need to be some type of compensation. With that said, it gets Ottawa a veteran who can play on their fourth line. I also suspect that any Norris deal is going to require some cap considerations given how large his cap hit and term is.

redbrick98

Jun 6, 2023
NYR need a center. They have cap space both short and long-term because of Chytil's LTIR. It looks like Chytil's career might be over so they need a long-term option.

I wonder if that puts them in for Norris. I can imagine that the new ownership would love to bring in Lafreniere with the marketing value he would bring to the Senateurs Gatineau-Ottawa Senators.

Something around Norris+Forsberg+Tarasenko (75 percent retained) (11.95M) for Goodrow+Lafreniere+Kakko (8.06M), with the Rangers adding picks+prospects to compensate Ottawa for Goodrow's contract being so bad.

The Rangers have 4.4M in cap. They increase their cap by 3.89M. Someone would have to send a 4th round pick to a third party to retain a second time on Tarasenko.

Taking Forsberg offsets some of Goodrow's bad money (not much). You can also take Tarasenko+Kakko out of the trade, but then Ottawa needs to retain on Forsberg or not include him at all.

The other alternative is that you could take Forsberg+Tarasenko+Kakko out of the trade entirely, and the Rangers could retain a bit on Goodrow.

I would say Norris and Lafreniere should have similar value because Norris has had his injuries and struggles, and Lafreniere has failed to show any high end offense for sustained periods of time. I would give the edge to Norris because of his position being more valuable, although Lafreniere could mean a lot to this marketplace given that he is one of the most popular French Canadien superstars to come into the league in a long time.

The contract of Goodrow is very bad, so there would need to be some type of compensation. With that said, it gets Ottawa a veteran who can play on their fourth line. I also suspect that any Norris deal is going to require some cap considerations given how large his cap hit and term is.
Na bro

GCK

Oct 15, 2018

That doesn’t help the team in the slightest.

Butchy Dakkar

Dark Butch Yak didn't seem right.
Oct 3, 2020
Kubalik has 1 goal in his last 19 games. On most nights I have to check the stats sheet after to see if he even played. I could see how some team might want him if they get an injury between now and the trade deadline or if they want a depth forward.
In 9 playoff games with the Chicago Blackhawks in the 2019-20 season he got 4 goals and 4 assists for 8 points.
I saw him last night! Commentators mistook him for Tank.

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
Most likely that Brannstrom >>> Cheap LD on a 1 year
Brannstrom is okay but he is far overpaid. JBD makes 1.2M less and is at least as good if not better. We can get someone who can play 3LD for less than than buriable amount who can be as serviceable as Branny.

Oct 10, 2010
We need to add 2 D this offseason

Sanderson - Zub
Chabot - New RD
Cheap LD on a 1 year - JBD
Guenette

Let Klevin prove it at camp
For that RD2, wouldn’t mind Roy from LA.

Really good solid player that’s UFA coming up.

Sanderson - Zub
Chabot - Roy
Is really really good top 4 I think add some more nastiness 3rd pairing and we are golden.

Reactions: NB613

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
For that RD2, wouldn’t mind Roy from LA.

Really good solid player that’s UFA coming up.

Sanderson - Zub
Chabot - Roy
Is really really good top 4 I think add some more nastiness 3rd pairing and we are golden.
Roy would be great, as would a few guys. I’d prefer UFA route but there are trade options as well.

Agent Zuuuub

Jan 2, 2015
If Brannstrom comes in at 2.5 ish will be great value, especially since our d are walking bandages and Brannstrom has shown he can play both sides.

Plus everyone has chemistry with Brannstrom and he raises his game the more responsibility he is given.

A lot of bottom pair d struggle badly when they get put up in the top 4, Brannstrom becomes better.

You can have a Brannstrom-Zub top pair and at the very least be confident you will get solid high iq hockey. Invaluable versatility from a bottom pair d.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad