Proposal: Free agency edition Trade Rumours/Proposals [MOD - Stay on Topic] 5

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
My brain tells me no on Karlsson. But my heart tells me otherwise.

We've not had a successful season since Karlsson left. I feel like this team's heart has not been whole since he has been gone. Bring him back.

Alfie on the bench and Karlsson on the ice would be the final cleanse of the Melnyk stink that has permeated this franchise since Murray's death.
They had the most successful seasons before they had Karlsson too Karlsson himself has very little team success wherever he has gone. A 33 year old making 9 million is not the answer for this team. Move on.

Alf Silfversson

Jun 8, 2011
As much as I don't trust Korpisalo I think they almost have no choice to give him a shot next year. I looked at his metrics year over year and I don't know how he is this bad after being so good last year.

No one is taking him clearly. A buy out looks OK now but 6, 7, 8 years from now its ugly.

I'd sign Brossoit. 2 years 5 million total. Waive whoever is the worst goalie come training camp.

P.s the guys on tsn 1200 think this teams going to turn over half the roster this summer. They must be drunk.
I mean Korpisalo has never been quite this bad before outside of one season where he played sparingly. The likelihood that he rebounds, to some degree, is high. But he's never been a real starter (play 50 games or so). The fact that our departed GM was allowed to sign him long term is, and was, insane.

All that being said I think that Staios will really prove himself if he can find a way to creatively get rid of him and his contract with minimal damage to the asset pool and the team's cap structure. A buyout isn't in the cards for my money and we need to get better in nets.

As for turning over half the roster that's pretty much impossible with an established team (contractually speaking), which we are. It would also be batshit crazy given the progress the team has shown under a new coach. This team needs a minor shakeup, maybe a minor rest. Not a complete tear down.

Last edited:

Bileur

Jun 15, 2004
Ottawa
Kubalik should have been moved months ago. I’d rather see MacEwen, Chartier or Crookshank in that spot.

I’m sure Jacques would prefer Chartier who could actually contribute to the PK.

Reactions: Dionysus

UglyPuckling

May 14, 2021
Pittsburgh is on the verge of bottoming out - they aren't going to trade their 1st rounders at this stage.

We don't have enough Zub's for all the Karlsson's on this team. ;)
That's kind of the way I see it. We need a defensive top 4 RD. We have the puck movers. I guess the nostalgia thing isn't as strong in me as it is in others as well. I think the pivotal move for the Senators is the RD.

Other than that, I think they need to replace or re-sign Tarasenko and give Pinto a new contract. Not much else is required as good coaching will be the backdrop and foundation upon which these other improvements will be made.

Reactions: SpezDispenser

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
Kubalik should have been moved months ago. I’d rather see MacEwen, Chartier or Crookshank in that spot.

If Kubalik isn’t moved by the deadline I expect he will be sent to Belleville.

Reactions: Bileur

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
As much as I don't trust Korpisalo I think they almost have no choice to give him a shot next year. I looked at his metrics year over year and I don't know how he is this bad after being so good last year.

No one is taking him clearly. A buy out looks OK now but 6, 7, 8 years from now its ugly.

I'd sign Brossoit. 2 years 5 million total. Waive whoever is the worst goalie come training camp.

P.s the guys on tsn 1200 think this teams going to turn over half the roster this summer. They must be drunk.
They had an analyst on I couldn’t tell who it was. And they were like “last year they had brassard! They’re really missing that this year! And if you want to acquire a guy like that you need to give something up!”

A. Brassard was quite good last year I thought he was fine
B. He was a pto we didn’t give up anything
C. Uhh we were bad last year *with* brassard. This person was talking like we’ve had this fall from grace after losing brassard.

I think they need to talk about something and it seems to still be taboo to just call the goalies shit

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013

Debrincat should have been traded somewhere else or Kubalik should have been moved the second he was acquired.

Reactions: Bileur

OgieO

May 17, 2006
Halifax
I worry about Brisson. Not sure I see a top 6 guy there and is his style of play a fit for the bottom 6? I would look for a return that fits our needs a bit better.

Reactions: Sens of Anarchy

Norris4Norris

Jul 13, 2022
They had the most successful seasons before they had Karlsson too Karlsson himself has very little team success wherever he has gone. A 33 year old making 9 million is not the answer for this team. Move on.
Well Karlsson was consensus 3rd best player in the league in 2017.

Double overtime game 7 loss to the eventual Stanley Cup winner. Karlsson took us there and if the Sens had scored all we would be talking about is how amazing a leader and winner Karlsson is.

Perratrooper

May 26, 2016
Alberta
For me the following 4 players needs to go. They are all terrible 5on5 players in one way or the other

1. Kubalik
2. Chychrun

3. Norris
4. Batherson

I mean Colorado would be super interested in the last two for sure and arguably the first two as well depending on how things could be balanced cap wise. Not saying they would try and get all 4 (would be an insane trade though!)

What would the Sens want for Norris. Colorado would have to send some cap back like RuJo (1.5years at $4m), but would likely be pretty open to make something work to land him.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Well Karlsson was consensus 3rd best player in the league in 2017.

Double overtime game 7 loss to the eventual Stanley Cup winner. Karlsson took us there and if the Sens had scored all we would be talking about is how amazing a leader and winner Karlsson is.
yeah if we would have won way more than we did while he wa where we would look at him differently. I agree

I don’t even look at Alfie as a great leader or great winner. Guy was captain was two juggernauts and won exactly zero.

So if I think that about Alfie. What do you think I think about karlsson,?

He had a phenomenal 2017 playoff run. Truly. But many players have great playoff runs. Doesn’t mean anything.

frightenedinmatenum2

Sep 30, 2023
Orange County Prison

lol not sure why Vegas gives up that much for Tarasenko but would be cool to see.

Where does Brendan Brisson rank? I get he was a 1st round pick, but that was 4 years ago.

I think we get a 2nd round pick and a B or C prospect for Tarasenko. I don't think we get a 1st. Maybe we get conditional elements that upgrade the 2nd to a 1st if the team makes the conference final and Tarasenko plays in a majority of the games.

Loach

Jun 9, 2021
yeah if we would have won way more than we did while he wa where we would look at him differently. I agree

I don’t even look at Alfie as a great leader or great winner. Guy was captain was two juggernauts and won exactly zero.

He had a phenomenal 2017 playoff run. Truly. But many players have great playoff runs. Doesn’t mean anything.
You hate Alfie. Just say it.

The Devilish Buffoon

Dec 24, 2018
No. We will be trying to get rid of pageau before long. And no one will take him. How many years left? If he’s done this year then yeah. But he makes more than tarasenko
He has 2yrs left @ $5m

There's no doubt that he's overpaid, but NYI 1st is probably the best asset we could possibly get without trading Chychrun. JGP is still a useful player, a good vet, gives his all every night, and 2yrs isn't really a killer. He's 31 so really not that old.

It's not a "win now" move but I think it could be good in the long run. Point taken though.

Reactions: NB613

frightenedinmatenum2

Sep 30, 2023
Orange County Prison
Would you guys do Tarasenko @ 50% for Pageau & NYI 1st?

I'd consider it if:
  • The market for Tarasenko is a 2nd from other teams.
  • We are trading Norris, so we need additional center depth.
Pageau is declining, but he only has 2 years left of term. I think that next year is extremely important, and clearly the market for centers is a sellers market. Is he a 5M player? No. But he is still a good addition to the bottom 6.

The Islanders are not guaranteed to make the playoffs. So if the market for Tarasenko is a 2nd round pick, and we get a possible top 15 pick by taking an overpriced (but useful) Pageau, I would do it.

Agent Zuuuub

Jan 2, 2015

so if alfie was tacked on those Pens or Hawks teams and he won, suddenly he would be a great leader or winner? same with karlsson?

Reactions: DrEasy

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad