Proposal: Free agency edition Trade Rumours/Proposals [MOD - Stay on Topic] 5

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
cNzB6uEf_400x400.jpg

Fluff piece is complimentary. Fluff has more substance.

TonySoprano11

It's a very delicate situation.
Apr 8, 2006
Hayden, ID
My brain tells me no on Karlsson. But my heart tells me otherwise.

We've not had a successful season since Karlsson left. I feel like this team's heart has not been whole since he has been gone. Bring him back.

Alfie on the bench and Karlsson on the ice would be the final cleanse of the Melnyk stink that has permeated this franchise since Murray's death.

Good in Osgoode

Jan 15, 2018
Osgoode

We've not had a successful season since Karlsson left. I feel like this team's heart has not been whole since he has been gone. Bring him back.

Alfie on the bench and Karlsson on the ice would be the final cleanse of the Melnyk stink that has permeated this franchise since Murray's death.
I am feeling the same way about Karlsson.

On one hand, I am very intrigued as to what he could bring to this team.
The guy is coming off of a 101-point season on a team that won 22 games all year!!
You have to think he would be motivated to come back to Ottawa to finish his career, especially with Alfie involved.

On the other hand, it feels like this ship has sailed and with 3 more years left at $10m/year, it does seem like there is potential for this to go very badly.

Reactions: Dionysus

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008

I'm torn on trading Norris.

On one hand his contract could be a bad one going forward and maybe we could get something decent for him given the lack of quality centers available at the deadline this year.

But on the other hand we could be selling low on a guy struggling while recovering from a significant injury, plus we don't have cap issues and could have trouble replacing him in free agency or via trade.

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon

I am feeling the same way about Karlsson.

On one hand, I am very intrigued as to what he could bring to this team.
The guy is coming off of a 101-point season on a team that won 22 games all year!!
You have to think he would be motivated to come back to Ottawa to finish his career, especially with Alfie involved.

On the other hand, it feels like this ship has sailed and with 3 more years left at $10m/year, it does seem like there is potential for this to go very badly.
I've sort of hand waved this away at this point even though I'd love to see him back in a Senators jersey, but the suggestion of a Korpisalo for EK swap earlier was very intriguing. No idea why they would be interested, but that argument was made that they would be based on a Korpisalo buyout immediately. If that were ever on the table, it would make it a pretty easy decision from the Sens perspective imo.

Would basically mean 3 years of EK at a 6 mil cap hit while ridding ourselves of Korpisalo's 4th year entirely. If it let us get out of arguably the worst UFA contract ever handed out in Ottawa, and basically swaps in EK at only 11.5 mil in actual salary $'s, it would be a no brainer.

Since EK's actually worth 6 mil unlike the 10 he earns, I think the argument against him making sense in this trade context gets reduced only to how he might fit in the lineup. I'd be fine with throwing in some extra bodies to help Dubas save face. Maybe a Brannstrom and Boucher and a pick.

Sure would be one nice last FU to the last era of godawful ownership and management.

Loach

Jun 9, 2021
I've sort of hand waved this away at this point even though I'd love to see him back in a Senators jersey, but the suggestion of a Korpisalo for EK swap earlier was very intriguing. No idea why they would be interested, but that argument was made that they would be based on a Korpisalo buyout immediately. If that were ever on the table, it would make it a pretty easy decision from the Sens perspective imo.

Would basically mean 3 years of EK at a 6 mil cap hit while ridding ourselves of Korpisalo's 4th year entirely. If it let us get out of arguably the worst UFA contract ever handed out in Ottawa, and basically swaps in EK at only 11.5 mil in actual salary $'s, it would be a no brainer.

Since EK's actually worth 6 mil unlike the 10 he earns, I think the argument against him making sense in this trade context gets reduced only to how he might fit in the lineup. I'd be fine with throwing in some extra bodies to help Dubas save face. Maybe a Brannstrom and Boucher and a pick.

Sure would be one nice last FU to the last era of godawful ownership and management.
The whole thing is an interesting excercise. We're moving one of Chychrun or Chabot anyway, still need a stay at home rd which is tough. Move both of them, bring in Karl, we need a stay at home ld, which is easier to find. With what we get from both of them, it might be possible to get Karl with some $ retained, stay at home LD and have something extra. Not much extra mind you. Then what if the Norris Shenn thing happened? He could hold a place/mentor Stu,Pinto,Greig for a couple years and then shift to the wing like G. Then there is still what happens with the return from Tank and his $ available to spend. There's an earthquake of a shake up! Never going to happen in a million years. It's fun to talk about though.

Qward

Because! That's why!
Jul 23, 2010
Behind you, look out
Okay, hear me out.

Tarasenko and Kubalik at the TDL for picks/prospect

then, Korpisalo and Bostons 1st to STL for Schenn and Binnington

Does it work cap wise? I dont know.

Bileur

Jun 15, 2004
Ottawa
Okay, hear me out.

Tarasenko and Kubalik at the TDL for picks/prospect

then, Korpisalo and Bostons 1st to STL for Schenn and Binnington

Does it work cap wise? I dont know.

Korpisalo and a 1st probably have the value of future considerations, I don’t see why STL would do that. They could get more for each of Schenn and Binnington IMO.

Reactions: Weltschmerz

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
I'd see if Nashville and Carrier would be open to a sign and trade.

Carrier obviously would like to go to a playoff team and then head to UFA, but if we could get ahead of the pack and get him to sign with a guaranteed contract in a week, I'd be very open to trading for him.

Reactions: Dionysus

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
I'd see if Nashville and Carrier would be open to a sign and trade.

Carrier obviously would like to go to a playoff team and then head to UFA, but if we could get ahead of the pack and get him to sign with a guaranteed contract in a week, I'd be very open to trading for him.
I wonder what his dollars are gonna be

Bileur

Jun 15, 2004
Ottawa
Norris and chychrun for Parayko and schenn. We are giving up a lot of years here. Hope we’re getting a first and prospect back as well

Definitely getting older. You’re right it might need picks to even out but it would certainly give the sens a shakeup and culture shift.

It clears 8m off their books

veteran leadership

It clears 8 million of useful contributions for 4 million of detrimental contributions.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Isn't Carrier a bit undersized for what the Sens need?
He's definitely not a big D.

He's a rock defensively, great skater, and can move the puck. Would be perfect for either Sanderson or Chabot. Definitely isn't going to be throwing guys around, but I'm expecting Kleven to be here for that kind of game next season.

One of the smartest D in the league, thinks the game quicker than most. One of the steadiest D in the league, that's exactly what I'd personally be looking for.

Would be very open to adding a ~2 million-ish size guy like Lybushkin to pair with Kleven next year on the bottom pairing, with JBD interchangeable.

He's perfect for the ~19/20 mins role flanking Chabot.

Reactions: Masked

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad