GDT: Free Agency: Dr Strangedubas or How We Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Nerd

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Again, the problem with the goaltending situation this off-season was that there were no good options that the Penguins could pull off. I completely believe Dubas would have tried to trade for Ullmark with his deal left, but you can't force other teams to trade with you. If he could pull off Swayman/Ullmark or Hellebuyck, Jarry was the best option available.

I wanted to see something more like $4.5 million AAV for 5 years or $5 million AAV for 4 years, so I'm not crazy about the contract. But the fact is that Jarry is the best option available to the team right now.
Ok, so couldn’t he have offered Jarry a one year deal and try again next year? Did Jarry have another team willing to pay him as much and who?

Reactions: farscape1

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Uh......the window's been shut.

Then why are we giving players huge deals? They think they are competitive. It's hilarious.

Windows been shut for 5 years now, learn to accept it and be free rather than punching yourself in the dink every post.
With a creative GM we could've put a much more competitive roster on the ice next year.

The shit Dubas did this summer was lazier than Hextall's last three years.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
I guess the one thing that I will say about Jarry is that he WAS "free."

These ideas of dumping like multiple high picks and then 8M dollars on top of that for Helle or whoever kinda made my skin crawl at least as much as the idea of just settling back on Jarry for what he's getting, now.

Reactions: Big Friggin Dummy

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Love how people still justify Jarry. How many games does this guy have to blow and how many missed games and how badly does he have to play before you all say "yeah he totally sucks and we shouldn't of brought him back.

I like how all of the people in here bitching about the Penguins re-signing Jarry haven't provided a single acceptable alternative

eXile3

Dec 12, 2020
I guess more disappointed that Dubas is not who people said he was. It seemed like the media made him out to be analytical and measured. That Shanahan was the one messing things up.

Then he turns around and gives out awful contracts on July 1st. I just hope we don't trade any futures because it looks like the rebuild is closer now than ever.

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
My inner child who hasn't been bludgeoned by reality wants to think something involving Granlund or Petry is still in the works. But that feels like a long shot. :laugh:

Reactions: wheelz87

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
I guess more disappointed that Dubas is not who people said he was. It seemed like the media made him out to be analytical and measured. That Shanahan was the one messing things up.

Then he turns around and gives out awful contracts on July 1st. I just hope we don't trade any futures because it looks like the rebuild is closer now than ever.

Yep. I honestly would not be surprised to see one of the big three ask out in a year or two at this point.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA

"Awful contracts"

Jarry is overpaid by about $500k and has a year too long on his deal. Everyone else is signed for perfectly fair value contracts.

Reactions: Rave7215

molon labe

Jul 13, 2016
Florida
Windows been shut for 5 years now, learn to accept it and be free rather than punching yourself in the dink every post.

I'm giving myself the day to be rightfully pissed off as a die hard fan.

Tomorrow, I'll realize how much I love life and my family and how trivial hockey is - and turn down my involvement. I won't post here as much (already started to dwindle until playoffs/trade market), I won't watch but maybe 20% of the games, and I won't buy any more merch (had enough to literally give shit away on these boards not 2 seasons ago).

I love watching Sid/Geno but this is genuine pain lol. No thanks. Worse than MAF gaffes on this one so it's a true headscratcher.

WAKE ME UP WHEN WE MISS THE PLAYOFFS AND SULLY GIVES HIS DUMBASS PRESSER / OR WHEN WE'RE OUT IN 5 BECAUSE...JARRY (HEALTH/PLAY).

Reactions: Borgir and Andy99

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017

For me it’s more about the promise of youth and not getting yucky contracts lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad