GDT: Free Agency: Dr Strangedubas or How We Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Nerd

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

MrBrightside

May 5, 2010
Franklin Park, PA
I see no way Carolina can reasonably take on Karlsson unless they dump 2-3 guys
That's why we need a creative GM who has creative solutions.

This summer was just Hextall 2.0.
Would I rather have offer sheeted Swayman? Sure. But they weren’t getting him as they didn’t have the draft assets to really offer him something Boston wouldn’t match. Hellebuyck is a one year fix. Gibson is broken. I’d love to have someone better but for the viable options that were out there, I don’t know a better one.

Reactions: Pens x

WickedWrister

Jul 25, 2008
Philadelphia
I see no way Carolina can reasonably take on Karlsson unless they dump 2-3 guys

Would I rather have offer sheeted Swayman? Sure. But they weren’t getting him as they didn’t have the draft assets to really offer him something Boston wouldn’t match. Hellebuyck is a one year fix. Gibson is broken. I’d love to have someone better but for the viable options that were out there, I don’t know a better one.
Swayman offer sheet would've been a 1st+ right?

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
Dubas is late to the presser...
DOT DOT DOT
1vd9hw.gif

Reactions: WayneSid9987

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
It's awesome that people always talk about Lou being this hard ass, tough as nails, frugal guy who is gonna get his way but the moves he's made both in Toronto and NYI have been absolutely, utter dogshit. Just handing out blank checks and not giving a shit about tomorrow--as all boomers are wont to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad