GDT: Free Agency: Dr Strangedubas or How We Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Nerd

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rave7215

Mar 12, 2010
Call it Copium but I really do think they are still in on EK. Looking at the roster, It just doesn't make sense right now. Not enough forwards, too many defenseman, and too many goalies. It may not be EK but I would bet by the season start Petry, Grandlund, CDS, and one of POJ/Smith will not but on the roster.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
I’ll add none of the signings preclude us from upgrading on RD or even the left side.

Epic Neal Time

Sponsor
May 8, 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
It’s a helluva lot better one than throwing the next 5 years down the drain to hitch your wagon to Tristan Jarry.

I’m sure there’s some colorful graphs that will make boy wonder look like a genius until Jarry craps the bed for the 4th consecutive season.
You didn't even give an option or a concrete idea. Who is this goalie available right at this moment that's better than Jarry

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
Because the "straight loser" is better than any other goalie option.
I get what you're saying, and you're right from a pure numbers perspective, but at some point the lack of any sort of confidence that a guy will come up big when needed has to be a concern. And I don't know if you can quantify that, but again, that's why he's back. Cuz those numbers are acceptable.
Dubas 21 minutes late. You have to think this is EK65 related...

canadianguy77

Apr 20, 2006
Burke was on a few hours ago saying how much Sulivan loves Jarry, so I guess I’m not surprised they kept him. Although I do think a change in scenery is what’s best for both parties at this point.

Reactions: Andy99 and wheelz87

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
You do know a player has to agree to sign an offer sheet right?
I’d be trying everything, not re-signing a loser or refusing to buy out Granlund. These are Hextall moves.

There is still time to make more moves, but Dubas did poorly today.

Turin

Erik Karlsson is good
Feb 27, 2018
WTFF WERE THEY GETTING INSTEAD
I don't like Jarry back but if Anaheim doesn't want Granlund back for Gibson there's nothing there and Hellebuyck is not going for anything less than an absolute haul since the Jets don't have a goalie.. so if he's the best goalie available and they're confident he wont' have a recurring injury then you sign Jarry and try to get better support than DeSmith.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad