GDT: Free Agency: Dr Strangedubas or How We Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Nerd

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Icarium

Feb 16, 2010
You can't just say any goalie. That's not a plan.
It's a better plan than betting on Jarry finally figuring out how to play in March and April and then giving almost two million to Nedeljkovic who has never been an NHL quality goalie except for 20 games two years behind the best defense in the league.

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
Hitching your final years of Sid and Geno tj a straight loser is not an option and a disgrace to the both
Just to go to bat for Emp even though we're at each others throats all the time (and disagree about Jarry), there are no final years. None of this shit really matters, man. :laugh:

SomeDude

Mar 6, 2006
Pittsburghish
You didn't even give an option or a concrete idea. Who is this goalie available right at this moment that's better than Jarry
Let me spell it out for you because you don’t seem to understand

A n y o n e

I don’t care if they did something stupid like sign Talbot. At least you’re trying something new. Jarry has proven he cannot be relied on.

Epic Neal Time

Sponsor
May 8, 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
It's a better plan than betting on Jarry finally figuring out how to play in March and April and then giving almost two million to Nedeljkovic who has never been an NHL quality goalie except for 20 games two years behind the best defense in the league.
Again, I'll ask you to name a goalie that was available today or is still available that's a better option. You'd rather have Korpisalo at 5x4?

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018
Jarry...not sure. Outside options weren't great but neither is he.

I don't think the Karlsson thing is fully over. Petry + Granlund's cap hits still match up perfectly. And we still have our 2024 1st and Pickering.
Graves is a player who is good, supposedly, so we upgraded Dumoulin in a significant way?

It's hard to hate these few days unless you were 100% committed to "fire Tristan Jarry into the Sun."

Reactions: Lustaf

Trade

Guentzel is ELITE
Apr 13, 2015
Dubas seen landing in Pittsburgh via Air Drake with a handsome long-haired Swedish man

• Wow
Reactions: Lustaf

AjaxTelamon

Jul 8, 2011
I think we’ve improved as a team. Our top 6 is still just as good, our 4th line is good (and fast and physical), Graves over Dumo is an overall upgrade and an improvement stylistically and we have a better backup.
Yah, and the 2nd line has a lot better balance with Smith instead of Zucker, and won't be a mess if/when Rakell is put there. PK should be improved. Team defense is better. We're faster.

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
Well that's why you're not a GM.

For all of the flaws Jarry has, going in with a shittier goalie for the sake of change was always a stupid idea.
Not when Jarry’s playoff track record. He’s either been injured or played atrocious. A chance for the sake of change is overdue.

Epic Neal Time

Sponsor
May 8, 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
Let me spell it out for you because you don’t seem to understand

A n y o n e

I don’t care if they did something stupid like sign Talbot. At least you’re trying something new. Jarry has proven he cannot be relied on.
You're making a completely insertions argument and no front office would think like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad