GDT: Free Agency: Dr Strangedubas or How We Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Nerd

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Icarium

Feb 16, 2010
I like how all of the people in here bitching about the Penguins re-signing Jarry haven't provided a single acceptable alternative
Signing a random backup goalie to be our starter is about as likely to lead to success as re-signing Jarry and hoping that miraculously he figures out how to be clutch and stay healthy at the age of 28.

Reactions: BillyOcean

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
I guess more disappointed that Dubas is not who people said he was. It seemed like the media made him out to be analytical and measured. That Shanahan was the one messing things up.

Then he turns around and gives out awful contracts on July 1st. I just hope we don't trade any futures because it looks like the rebuild is closer now than ever.
Everyone he has signed today is analytically good.

Can complain about term or AAV perhaps but the players he has signed are good

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
Windows been shut for 5 years now, learn to accept it and be free rather than punching yourself in the dink every post.
Goes back to Mario just shrugging after the Montreal series, despite years of JR being unhinged and Sully's shine having already worn off big time.

Reactions: BillyOcean

Borgir

Jan 16, 2010
dEdmonton Alberta
I'm giving myself the day to be rightfully pissed off as a die hard fan.

Tomorrow, I'll realize how much I love life and my family and how trivial hockey is - and turn down my involvement. I won't post here as much (already started to dwindle until playoffs/trade market), I won't watch but maybe 20% of the games, and I won't buy any more merch (had enough to literally give shit away on these boards not 2 seasons ago).

I love watching Sid/Geno but this is genuine pain lol. No thanks. Worse than MAF gaffes on this one so it's a true headscratcher.

WAKE ME UP WHEN WE MISS THE PLAYOFFS AND SULLY GIVES HIS DUMBASS PRESSER / OR WHEN WE'RE OUT IN 5 BECAUSE...JARRY (HEALTH/PLAY).

I never get upset at this team anymore, we have been blessed. There is no need to mald or have a stroke, I have achieved Zen.

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
"Awful contracts"

Jarry is overpaid by about $500k and has a year too long on his deal. Everyone else is signed for perfectly fair value contracts.
He's not even overpaid for a starter, and the term doesn't matter cuz even the most foolishly optimistic people realize this team's got until Sid's deal is up. It's the uncertainty of his availability and his inconsistency.

But, again, deep down we all knew this was coming from miles away. Cuz there weren't any attainable options that were clear, fool-proof favorites. Doesn't mean I can't f***ing hate that Jarry's back though. :laugh:

Reactions: AuroraBorealis
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad