GDT: Free Agency: Dr Strangedubas or How We Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Nerd

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Late to the party but of the moves I missed:

1. I wanted Jarry back but that contract isn't pretty. It's not like he's super overpaid, but I wanted to get less term and less money on his extension. It's not a backbreaker but it's not great.
2. I like the Acciari addition to the bottom-6, but I think he's a 4C. Both Nieto and Acciari were 4th line additions, so I imagine that makes their 4th line O'Connor-Acciari-Nieto. Really curious to see how this impacts Carter.
3. I absolutely love the Graves addition. He was a guy I wrote off a long time ago because I figured there would be no way the Penguins could afford him. To get him for $4.5 million a year is terrific.
4. I like the gamble with Nedjelkovic as the 1B to Jarry. He had a bad year last year, but the upside with him is way higher than it is with DeSmith.

Outside of the Jarry deal being a year too long and about $500k more than I wanted to pay him, I don't think today has been bad for the Penguins.

domaug

Play Virtua Fighter, let's go Pens
Sep 28, 2017
up de Eynon
Graves is better than Dumoulin was last year. I'm not a fan of the term, but I'm a fan of the player.

Kristopher Letang

RIP Nipsey
Mar 7, 2013
Montréal, QC
Graves was a +34 last year, playing against top opposition. Clearly wasn't hurting his team too much defensively. He takes minimal penalties too, which is nice.
People are gonna love him. Can’t take people that only watch 1 team seriously.

Who cares if it’s 6 years, we won’t be contending anyway and he’s only 28. We’re getting an upgrade on Dumo for an 400k increase.

The big issue is Jarry.

AuroraBorealis

Back-to-back hater
Oct 16, 2018
Vancouver, British Columbia
People are gonna love him. Can’t take people that only watch 1 team seriously.

Who cares if it’s 6 years, we won’t be contending anyway and he’s only 28. We’re getting an upgrade on Dumo for an 400k increase.

The big issue is Jarry.
We'll see if Jarry's this huge issue. People are making a lot of assumptions on that front. He was our MVP the prior year.
He may get hurt a lot, but then most goalies do now. A lot will depend on if Nedeljkovic can have an upsurge in his career here. Not convinced he's better than DeSmith, but people wanted different, and they got it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad