GDT: Free Agency: Dr Strangedubas or How We Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Nerd

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
Ned was so bad last year the sorry Red Wings had him in the AHL for a quarter of the year.
He wasn’t statistically much worse than Husso, and played well in the AHL even though Grand Rapids wasn’t very good which tells me it was a team thing.

DrDangles

Mar 1, 2013
We had 20M in cap space and I fail to see how we're any better on paper than we were a year ago.

Graves is definitely an upgrade over Dumo, but god damn does this feel underwhelming.

Reactions: farscape1

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
It’s too bad TJ can’t even handle that and he’s a starter.
Historically you would be correct, but injury luck can change. We just had two injury prone players play 82 games.

Unless you're talkin like Peter Forsberg or someone literally made of human glass you never f***in know what will happen with injuries.

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
It is but I hope Graves proves me wrong. I think he's overrated and id gladly be wrong about it.

Hopefully another move is coming because overall not thrilled with our overall moves
I didn't love his play in the playoffs. Looked pylon-ish at times. Didn't think he was bad in the regular season though.

We shall see how it works out.

Reactions: 3ladesof5teel

LiffLaff

Crazy? Me?
Feb 22, 2010
Vardal
Really wanted Graves, big, physical and can skate, so really happy about that signing. Dont mind Ned either, and love Acciari, but like others have said, not loving that Jarry deal.. Fingers crossed he can stay healthy, and get his head on straight if they make the playoffs..

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
I'm just glad that there has been a fair amount of change.

Perhaps not to the full extent we all wanted, but enough for me to feel like things have been shaken up a bit.
I like Graves in for Dumo, a lot. I don't think Graves is some wunderkind or anything, and his term sucks, but it'd be really hard to not improve over Dumo, the added size/physicality is great, and term doesn't matter for a team whose realistic window's been slammed closed for years. :laugh:

But yeah, Jarry back is disappointing, but *entirely* expected.

Reactions: Pancakes

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
Honestly, so far I like the Graves + Nieto + Nedeljkovic signing (regarding the cap hit). Acciari is solid, but absolutely hate the Jarry contract.

Taken along with Smith... if you can do all this and somehow also make EK65 work that would be pretty cool.

And then there's Jarry. But hey they can't all be gems I guess.

Nakawick

Minty Fresh
Apr 5, 2010
The Range
McKenzie saying we're still in on EK
Pretty sure CDS is going there. I wonder if they are trying to talk Carter into going there too, or possibly to Anaheim if they are the potential 3rd team. Also wonder if it could be those two and Rutta going out and keeping Petry.

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011

Graves is better offensively than I thought and worse defensively than I thought.

At least if we're to take the ole FANCY CHART at face value

Reactions: Dennis Reynolds
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad