GDT: Free Agency: Dr Strangedubas or How We Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Nerd

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
I think it’s kind of important we get Karlsson. As Sid and especially Geno slow down they’re gonna need more movement around them and having a rover with still some of the best wheels in the league coming late or leading the rush could extend their life expectancy by a couple years. Similar to Montour who was given more green light than I can remember a d-man getting and while Florida’s forward group is not quick at all on paper you never noticed with Montour flying around.

Ragamuffin Gunner

Lost in the Flood
Aug 15, 2008
Boston
When Dubi said he couldn't talk about the EK talks because there's a Pens player involved is when I felt like we were gonna get him. Canes have Orlov and Burns, don't see how they'd add EK

lettuceAA

Dec 16, 2010
Karlson had a great year after Burns left and he was the go to guy. Hopefully there is enough puck for him and Letang.

Dessloch

DOPS keeping NHL players unsafe like its their job
Nov 29, 2005
I think it’s kind of important we get Karlsson. As Sid and especially Geno slow down they’re gonna need more movement around them and having a rover with still some of the best wheels in the league coming late or leading the rush could extend their life expectancy by a couple years. Similar to Montour who was given more green light than I can remember a d-man getting and while Florida’s forward group is not quick at all on paper you never noticed with Montour flying around.

Is not Erik Karlsson 33 years old already? Not much younger than Sid?

Reactions: Gurglesons

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
It would be funny for Dubas to say all of that nice stuff about Petry only to immediately trade him for Karlsson :laugh:

But yeah, it would at minimum require the Penguins to send Petry and Carter out while getting about $2 million in salary retention on Karlsson. That would have the swap be effectively cap neutral. I think you realistically need to ship out Petry and Granlund, possibly even Carter as well, and get about $3 million (or more) in retention on Karlsson to make it work.

So yeah, it's not an easy task to complete. I'd give Dubas massive credit if he can somehow find the way to make that cap work, I figured the Graves signing took the Penguins out of that entirely.

Reactions: Big Friggin Dummy

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
Getting Karlsson would swing this off-season from a C to an A
I wouldn’t go that far, but it would make this a much more interesting team, so I’d give them a B- from their current C-.

Incidentally the Czech school system allows me to award a student an E- which is the lowest passing grade. :laugh:

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
When Dubi said he couldn't talk about the EK talks because there's a Pens player involved is when I felt like we were gonna get him. Canes have Orlov and Burns, don't see how they'd add EK
I thought he said it was a player from another team, specifically, that wasn't public.

I dunno, this EK65 stuff seems real far fetched after the cap they've spent and how he talked about Petry being an integral part of this team's blueline makeup behind Letang. But maybe he was playing poker, I dunno. :laugh:

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
Getting Karlsson would swing this off-season from a C to an A
Not in terms of making the team any more of a Cup contender, but Karlsson would sure as shit be an injection of entertaining hockey that we haven't seen since Kessel.

As a person who only gives a shit about how watchable the product is as Sid's career winds down--I'm all on board. Gimme EK65.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad